Loyalty Kit Fox

21 replies to this topic

#1 Valpone

• PipPip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

So, I’m just getting ideas for my loyalty Fox. I’m thinking ATM12, 3x anti missiles, Tag and ecm... hide behind the fatties and shield them with the ecm at the start of the game, lobbing in ATMs when the enemy is close. Anyone try this? Also can’t get SMURFY to work on my tablet for the Kit Fox, Just says no mech. Maybe it’s a sign!

#2 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

it's an omnimech, so most of other kit fox builds work too.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostValpone, on 02 December 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

So, I’m just getting ideas for my loyalty Fox. I’m thinking ATM12, 3x anti missiles, Tag and ecm... hide behind the fatties and shield them with the ecm at the start of the game, lobbing in ATMs when the enemy is close. Anyone try this? Also can’t get SMURFY to work on my tablet for the Kit Fox, Just says no mech. Maybe it’s a sign!

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=646

This will open the Loyalty kitfox directly.
Keep in mind Smurfy isn't all that great on tablets. If you start seeing extra slots appear or removing stuff doesn't remove it... don't bother continuing with it as the tablet doesn't have the memory to run it properly.

#4 Valpone

• PipPip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Thank you,

#5 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Actually just maxed armor, added a ppc, a micro laser, ECM and two atm3’s - probably an extra heat sink or two. I like it.

#6 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

I've been running mine with 6x SRM 4. Like a mini SRM Linebacker. It's been fun.

#7 X-Plasma

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostCommodore Perspicuous, on 02 December 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I've been running mine with 6x SRM 4. Like a mini SRM Linebacker. It's been fun.

Don't you get ghost heat? Wouldn't it be better with 2xSRM6, 2xSRM4, and 2xSRM2?

#8 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:49 AM

View PostX-Plasma, on 02 December 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

Don't you get ghost heat? Wouldn't it be better with 2xSRM6, 2xSRM4, and 2xSRM2?

Not saying it's an optimal build... But I don't think heat's an issue. I personally never fire more than 4 at a time, usually sets of 2. Open with a big salvo, then mostly "chain firing."

#9 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

I've tried to go full splat on it. 6x SRM6 + Ammo, nothing else. Yes, you have to alternate between arm and shoulder mounted weapons, but I have to do that anyway since I like to run with arms unlocked.

It's hot and tends to dig up the landscape until you get below 100m, but then it works like a charm. It's way more tanky than the Jenner IIC and often gets ignored in favour of one of your teammates. More often than not that's a terminal mistake.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

I run ATM 6 + 2 2's, with the S left torso for JJ"s, then 2 ERSL+2 LMG's in the left fist for extra damage and some pin-point crit.

It works fairly well IMO. It's probably my best kitfox build outside of my one trick pony city brawler but that one gets wrecked elsewhere.

#11 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

I just took out the large laser and added more lurm ammo. He makes a cute lil lurm boat .

#12 Muriel Steiner

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

I like ATM's and I'm trying to get ideas for using them on light/medium 'mechs, but they don't make the best "up close" weapon due to their minimum range.

#13 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:57 AM

Manage to cram quite abit into this thing but not a stock omni build.
Did abit of trial and error on the ballancing and even though the HML have better synergy with the LMGs they're simply too hot. This gives you plenty of support options while not completely gelding your damage output, is my personal favorite build.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...b3e6875afd1312d
The other thing i like about it is if you find you're in LRM hell you can drop .5 ton of ammo and put on a LAMS so your ammo consumption goes down 1/3 without sacrificing the effectiveness of AMS bubble and doesn't really get all that hot. The jumpjets in my personal opinion are what make this mech usable but i'm a huge fan of JJ's to begin with. Another play tactic i use with this one is if you end up in a brawl *which isn't desired but it happens* you can tank abit with the AMS side *sense at that range lrms are the least of your problems* and can sacrifice that whole side without losing too much firepower. Usually i'll nail the JJ's to help spread damage too.

Edited by The Schwartz, 06 April 2018 - 05:04 AM.

#14 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

The LA allows you to grab e.g. 3x (L)AMS (using KFX-C RA) and put the ECM into the other arm.

Anyone know when the KFX-G pods will be available for C-Bills?

#15 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostExilyth, on 07 April 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

The LA allows you to grab e.g. 3x (L)AMS (using KFX-C RA) and put the ECM into the other arm.

Anyone know when the KFX-G pods will be available for C-Bills?

Good question, recently PGI has not been in a hurry to make Omnipods available. I would suggest 3xAMS, 1 ERLL,ECM, and whatever defensive weapons+DHS & AMS ammo you can fit.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

G is available for MC now... Once the G is available for cbills, the pods will be available to all.
So between 1 to 2 months from now, give or take. It lingers on the MC availability for a bit for the impatient and then becomes available for cbills, as with most new variants.

Edited by Koniving, 07 April 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#17 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 April 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

G is available for MC now... Once the G is available for cbills, the pods will be available to all.

Great to know. If the would just make the D Omnipods for the Sun Spider available for C-Bills I would be a happy man.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 07 April 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 07 April 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Great to know. If the would just make the D Omnipods for the Sun Spider available for C-Bills I would be a happy man.

Once the Sunspider's available for cbills, you'll be able to get them.

That will be a while from now, though.

#19 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

I found out that either the S right or left leg gives you two jump jets. I used one of these on my new laser vomit Purifier Hero Omnimech. If I can get a knack for back stabbing like a politician then I will be in the catbird seat with this little killer.

#20 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Running 2xSRM-6 and 2xHML on my loyalty fox. Not the best thing ever, but it will do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users