Game Client Problems Last Night?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:23 AM

Played a few QP matches last night. Each match I had serious, near terminal problems with rubber banding in match. Each drop out of the drop ship, my mech would clip out of the back of the drop ship as it came in over the drop zone (I could see the side and back of the drop ship from the outside), and I would fall to surface (taking no damage). Then, for the entirety of the match, I would constantly rubber band unless I stood completely still. Even turning in place was erratic.

I had no such issues in Testing Grounds. In each QP match, while I was rubber banding like crazy, my frame rates stayed around 30 fps (normal for my PC, which is a potato), and my ping was always less than 100, usually around 70-80 (again, normal for my PC and internet connection).

I played normally over the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday I got in a few drops that everything acted correctly. But last night, total chaos.

Anyone else having the same issues yesterday (or today)?

#2 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

I had this as well, last night. My dropmates and I had the same issues at the same time.

Occasional rubberbanding, but WAY more than anytime in recent memory, and ....

One major FULL STOP of the game for about 12 seconds. Thought I crashed.... then boom back to play, and I was evidently still walking, as I was a good bit past where I was prior to the STOP.

Time to feed the squirrels again?

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

I had issues too, but not FPS, Mine were ping. Normally i have a ping of around 30, last night it was 300! I restarted my comp, but same issue. It also took me 6 mins to get back into the match. I'm gonna try today and see if it clears up. I hope it was just something wonkey, and not a persistent issue

#4 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

We had severe ping issues. Several players simply "stalled" and were there, but couldn't do anything.

We also found on rubble a "trap" where a mech jumpss off of a ledge to get below that mech just gets stuck jumping down and then up, over and over again. I have that on video and submitted it. He could fire going up or down but couldn't get out.

???

#5 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

There were issues last night. We had a couple crazy disconnects form both teams.
I think one game ended up with 10 vs 10 with simultaneous disconnects at the same time.

#6 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

Probably just the pre-no-net-neutrality shakedown warnings courtesy of Clan Trump and his friends, AT&HPG. Posted Image

#7 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info guys, at least it's not just me. Not going to be too worried about it then. Must be some server thing going on yesterday.

#8 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Tonight seems to be back to normal again, at least for me anyway.

#9 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

I normally get around 20fps (super potato pc) but yesterday it dropped to about 5-10 fps and was completely unplayable.

Edit: Still borked today. Oh well, plenty of other games that do work.

Edit2: Seems to be working again...mostly.

Edited by Wolfways, 06 December 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#10 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

I also experienced connection issues, got booted from the server, unable to reconnect to the client for some 10-ish minutes, then back to normal..

Blamed my ISP, but now I'm reconsidering?

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Copied this from the long thread about scouting and getting rid of groups Posted Image

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

I was refering to this thread: https://mwomercs.com...93#entry5965693

I never asked for help because I've tried everything over the past few years and come to the conclusion that nothing will help my extremely old pc run MWO. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford a new one in my lifetime so I'll just have to make do with other games. Fortunately I've never found another game that doesn't run well on it

Edit: I don't even know what you mean by system specs (I'm an old fart and technology tends to break when I touch it).
Is it this?
Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

What i5 CPU is that and motherboard? Or is it a mfg system like a Dell, HP or such? Okay so you are already running 32bit OS so no need for the workaround shortcut..

And there are lots of old farts here, as I am simply more than a half century myself

Edit and Narc Bait, primarily in the workaround as replied back with command lines that can be entered into a player created user.cfg that is then placed into the MWO folder to help some FPS for low end systems.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 December 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#12 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 December 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Copied this from the long thread about scouting and getting rid of groups Posted Image

What i5 CPU is that

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @2.67GHz (4 CPU's), ~2.7GHz
Is that it?

and motherboard? Or is it a mfg system like a Dell, HP or such? Okay so you are already running 32bit OS so no need for the workaround shortcut..

No idea what that means. I'm getting the info from a dxdiag. Is it on there?

And there are lots of old farts here, as I am simply more than a half century myself

Edit and Narc Bait, primarily in the workaround as replied back with command lines that can be entered into a player created user.cfg that is then placed into the MWO folder to help some FPS for low end systems.

Erm...what?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users