#61 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 December 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Its on a shirt so its a PGI/Alex original design.

You can't put BT designs on a shirt if you don't have the license to do MW/BT merchandise.

Not a lawyer, not legal advice, etc. etc. . . .

That statement is not necessarily true. If it's artwork of unique PGI design and placed on a shirt specifically for the convention then that could basically circumvent the "no battletech physical merchandise" because it's merchandise for a convention, not Battletech. PGI is making merchandise to promote their convention with artwork from their products that will be featured at the convention . . . they're not making merchandise to promote battletech and it's not battletech merchandise.

Therefore, it could very well be a Crusader. Just like the other shirt could very well be a Wasp/Stinger or Spider.

#62 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Everyone happy with the Crusader and here am I, still waiting for the Fafnir...
Or the Stone Rhino/ Behemoth. That one would be nice too

#63 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

From the posted images, it could be the Anubis or Crusader, both have some similarities with the visible head and shoulders. The right arm guns (ballistic or energy is unclear) though ...

#64 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

That head is nearly a direct match to a Hellion

#65 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

View PostCathy, on 07 December 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

What would have been wrong with around the wrists as arm mounts, half the later models art has them there, and the box launchers been transferred to the shoulder loc.

If this is the Crusader, it sucks so bad..

Well, I'm not too thrilled either, since it's basically the same thing as the Catapult (even the same tonnage/engine size) and Archer only with MG ROF quirks... But people voted hard for it. I would've loved to see the Argus.

View PostMrKvola, on 07 December 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Leg hardpoints move to torsos. the 'mech on the image seems to have arm missile hardpoints (similar to a say Phoenix Hawk Roc I think).

I would be fine with moving them to the torsos as that at least would leave it with some firepower if the arms go boom.

The arm mounted missiles look excactly the same as the second missile hardpoint on the Awesome Pretty Baby btw. Just cram 2 MRM10 in the left arm, the first is in the fist, the second up in the shield.

#66 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 December 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Their 1st point is valid. I would like those badges, but since the tickets are all sold out, I can't get them. If I had known they were available before the tickets sold out, I could have made a more informed choice. You can not get them direct now, unless you already bought a ticket to Mech Con, so they are not available to 100% of the players because not 100% of the players have a Mech Con ticket.

View PostQuestar, on 07 December 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

If you have ACTUALLY been paying attention, all of the merchandise posted by Matt is ONLY available at MechCon. So my first point is actually giving them props. I don't think 5% of their customer base is going to attend. So for all 100% of their customers that can see and want the shirts or the pins, only those attending the event have access to them. ALSO, they are in limited quantities so even IF you attend, there is a chance you will not be able to get them.

If you understand the issue, you'd have a better reply.

sry guys, i understand now what you mean. i thought you were talking about internet access (which made no sense at all, thus my reply), not the tickets per se, i misunderstood that.

#67 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

MechMerch would be a cool thing to have (and make some easy bucks).

I'd totally buy a plush-urbie and a cyclops-alarm-clock (hit the head to snooze) in a heartbeat or 2 at the right price.. ;)

#68 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 08 December 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

MechMerch would be a cool thing to have (and make some easy bucks).

I'd totally buy a plush-urbie and a cyclops-alarm-clock (hit the head to snooze) in a heartbeat or 2 at the right price.. ;)

Or a rocking poster of any mech.

#69 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostQuestar, on 07 December 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm sorry, this exact post is what is wrong with PGI.

1. They post on the forums something 95% of their audience doesn't have access too.

2. They post this information AFTER they no longer have tickets to the event available.

3. They don't realize that #1 and #2 are an issue.

Come on PGI, at some point the big boy company pants need to be put on and you really need to think about what you are doing.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 December 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Their 1st point is valid. I would like those badges, but since the tickets are all sold out, I can't get them. If I had known they were available before the tickets sold out, I could have made a more informed choice. You can not get them direct now, unless you already bought a ticket to Mech Con, so they are not available to 100% of the players because not 100% of the players have a Mech Con ticket.

It was pretty much guaranteed that there was going to be a bunch of mech merchandise that was going to be sold at mech con. If your trip was predicated on whether PGI was going to sell some cheap $5 buttons, you were probably not going to go to mech con anyways. These posts sound like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Like seriously, you people are basically saying that you would spend hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket + several hundred dollars on hotel and the $50 admission to mech con simply based on a $30 t shirt and some $5 pins Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 08 December 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#70 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostVxheous, on 08 December 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

It was pretty much guaranteed that there was going to be a bunch of mech merchandise that was going to be sold at mech con. If your trip was predicated on whether PGI was going to sell some cheap $5 buttons, you were probably not going to go to mech con anyways. These posts sound like complaining for the sake of complaining.

What can I say? I'm fickle. The only reason I back games on Kickstarter is swag. I'll gladly shell out a few hundred £ to fly to Canada for some pins, especially since the company I worked for got bought out and I got a decent redundancy package. Spare time & spare cash!

#71 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 08 December 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

What can I say? I'm fickle. The only reason I back games on Kickstarter is swag. I'll gladly shell out a few hundred £ to fly to Canada for some pins, especially since the company I worked for got bought out and I got a decent redundancy package. Spare time & spare cash!

Should've just booked the trip then, since we all knew from last year's mech con that there was going to be swag to buy, and mechs/mc/other stuff given away for free for mech con attendees.

#72 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostVxheous, on 08 December 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Should've just booked the trip then, since we all knew from last year's mech con that there was going to be swag to buy, and mechs/mc/other stuff given away for free for mech con attendees.

Except it's not just any swag that would have enticed. Like I said, it would have been nice if this info was available before the tickets sold out. It couldn't be, because the merch wasn't ready yet. Oh well, money saved. It's still annoying.

#73 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

It does look like a Hellion, but:
1) Hellions are not well-known
2) We already have a lot of 30-ton mechs
3) The only thing the Hellion does that the Arctic Cheetah doesn't do is have MASC.

Not a strong buying case.

#74 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 08 December 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

It does look like a Hellion, but:
1) Hellions are not well-known
2) We already have a lot of 30-ton mechs
3) The only thing the Hellion does that the Arctic Cheetah doesn't do is have MASC.

Not a strong buying case.

Looks like an IS mech to me.

Besides, the Hellion doesn't have as many missiles in the arms in any variant.

#75 YukonJack

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen Hell

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

I'd be willing to bet it's a Crockett based on looking through Sarna and my collection of TRO's. The SRMs in the torso match as does the basic shape of the shoulders (allowing for a little PGI artistic license of course).

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 85-ton IS assault. Would fit in my deck nicely.

#76 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostYukonJack, on 08 December 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I'd be willing to bet it's a Crockett based on looking through Sarna and my collection of TRO's. The SRMs in the torso match as does the basic shape of the shoulders (allowing for a little PGI artistic license of course).

Hell, and I thought the Executioner was ugly...

#77 YukonJack

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen Hell

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 08 December 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hell, and I thought the Executioner was ugly...

Yeah and they CT is huge on it... hope i'm wrong though cause there's other's I'd much rather see from later in the timeline like a Grand Crusader or Helios or Jinggau

#78 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostYukonJack, on 08 December 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I am very sure that the rocket mounts are arm mounts. Looks like those on the Locust, Phoenix Hawk and Awesome.

#79 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

looking at it, I do admit, that could be a Crocket, 85t jump capable mech for the IS. would be something new for IS 85t, but damn I want the crusader. That would be an ultimate bought instantly, whereas the crockett would just be a standard...

#80 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

A mostly full picture has been spotted:

Posted Image

Definitely a PGI original again. Doesn't match anything I've seen in BT to date (IMO it looks to be inspired by Hawken's artstyle).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users