• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 December 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Locust IIC?

That would be awesome. I'm looking at the reseen artwork and it's hard to tell. If it is indeed the Locust IIC, then it must be some really weird hybrid of the unseen and the reseen artwork. The other thing that makes me doubtful is the artwork would have to be it's prime config, and the Locust IIC would have at least 4 energy hard points on each side. I'm counting alot more hard points and it looks like missile hard points.

View PostArmored Yokai, on 06 December 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

If they are giving Clans a IIC it better be 4 of them
I.e Locust IIC, HellHound(Wolverine IIC), Rifleman IIC, Warhammer IIC.
then that means I.S finally gets 4 omnis.

All of my yes to this idea.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 06 December 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#22 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I don't think its going to be another Clan mech. We just got two of them.

#23 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TqKXAdw.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/QpXQ7Jw.jpg[/img]Posted Image
Posted Image

Tried to clean it up even more. There clearly are two gun barrels on that right arm...

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 06 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TqKXAdw.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/QpXQ7Jw.jpg[/img]Posted Image
Posted Image

Tried to clean it up even more. There clearly are two gun barrels on that right arm...

Oooooh, nice find.

This makes me further doubt the Crusader since the mech has humanoid battle fists, not twin arm barrels.

Edited by FupDup, 06 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#25 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 06 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TqKXAdw.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/QpXQ7Jw.jpg[/img]
Posted Image

The only thing that comes to mind that matches that silhouette is the Templar. Even so, I'm still doubtful that it's it because I don't think the Templar had that many missile hard points near it's shielded arm joints, and I don't think it had double gun cannons on it's right arm. I'm lost with this one.

Edit: I figured it out. It's the Russleman IIC. The hero variant of the artwork called "Top Priority".

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 06 December 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#26 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 06 December 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

The only thing that comes to mind that matches that silhouette is the Templar. Even so, I'm still doubtful that it's it because I don't think the Templar had that many missile hard points near it's shielded arm joints, and I don't think it had double gun cannons on it's right arm. I'm lost with this one.

The Templar does have double guns in some right arms, but every other aspect is completely off.

#27 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostKanil, on 06 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

I'd be surprised if PGI jumped into the homemade 'mechs again.

I mean, I can understand PGI's logic about it. For better or for worse, they want to make a mark on the franchise. The Roughneck's the first, and I'm starting to assume-especially if this is a homebrew-that they plan on making a PGI-canonized design every year. And I love that idea, honestly.

#28 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 06 December 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I mean, I can understand PGI's logic about it. For better or for worse, they want to make a mark on the franchise. The Roughneck's the first, and I'm starting to assume-especially if this is a homebrew-that they plan on making a PGI-canonized design every year. And I love that idea, honestly.

I wouldn't mind so long as they try to insert custom mechs into niches that aren't already filled by other things. The Roughneck was iffy because we have 65-tonners up the yin-yang, several missile/ballistic brawler setups, the idea of industrial mechs being used in real mech combat (already done many times over in the Dark Ages), etc.

#29 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

I don't mind if PGI adds new mechs to the Battletech Universe, just as long as they make sense and have builds meant for their roles in the Universe and as long as they add the 3025 Mechs that would be considered useless or already have a mech in the game that does what they do much better.

Edited by Armored Yokai, 06 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#30 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 December 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind so long as they try to insert custom mechs into niches that aren't already filled by other things. The Roughneck was iffy because we have 65-tonners up the yin-yang, several missile/ballistic brawler setups, the idea of industrial mechs being used in real mech combat (already done many times over in the Dark Ages), etc.

I have to say, I love your response. One minor quibble, which is the industrial mech thing, is reminding you (Hopefully unnecessarily) that the Roughneck's not actually an Workmech or a conversion of one. It's a complete ground-up battlemech with design inspirations from an industrial mech.

As for the role, I'm partial to the theory that it was PGI's way of testing the waters. For what it is, however, the Roughneck's better than people give it credit for. Great mounts, good armor quirks (Not great but noticeably tankier), it's one of the better choices for the IS sub-70-ton lineup.

#31 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

Best be my beloved Crusader with the leg weapons moved up to the arms.
Yup it better be.
Posted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 06 December 2017 - 08:44 PM.

#32 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

View PostFupDup, on 06 December 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yeah, here is the thing. The DA Agromechs were literally just normal Agromechs(with Agromech-grade parts) with guns strapped on them. The Roughneck, while it bears a similar chassis design to a loadermech, is built with Battlemech-grade components.

#33 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

If it is a new PGI design could this be a clue that Catalyst has written lore to cannonize it into BattleTech>

This tweet from Catalyst appeared a couple days ago:

CatalystGameLab Dec 5

New MWO Lore approved by PGI; DF marketing articles off to WotC review; new DF blog post off to editing; back to wrap up the BT Beginner Box QSR to send out for final review today. rnb

Edited by Rampage, 06 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#34 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostRampage, on 06 December 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

If it is a new PGI design could this be a clue that Catalyst has written lore to cannonize it into BattleTech>

This tweet from Catalyst appeared a couple days ago:

CatalystGameLab‏ [color=#657786]@catalystgamelab[/color] Dec 5

New MWO Lore approved by PGI; DF marketing articles off to WotC review; new DF blog post off to editing; back to wrap up the BT Beginner Box QSR to send out for final review today. rnb[/color]

The timing certainly fits.

#35 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Raptor-B has 3x SRM-6.

#36 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 06 December 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Raptor-B has 3x SRM-6.

PGI doesn't post concept art of secondary variants. They post art of the primary variant and then recolor it for special/hero variants.

Also, this mystery mech appears to have quad SRM6, not just triple.

The Raptor-B's missiles are distributed between the LT, RT, and CT anyways. Definitely not this little robot.

Edited by FupDup, 06 December 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#37 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

Speaking of everyone's favourite militiamech, for some reason Sarna lists the Roughneck as Apocryphal content. Anyone know why?

#38 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

PGI original. No mech in lore (other than Catapult) has hardpoints like that. That's 4x SRM6 (or Streak6, or ATM6), two in each arm, mounted above the elbow.

#39 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostTarogato, on 06 December 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

PGI original. No mech in lore (other than Catapult) has hardpoints like that. That's 4x SRM6 (or Streak6, or ATM6), two in each arm, mounted above the elbow.

MDD-IV if those are torsos. But I hope not.

I was also considering the Legacy if it was a hero SRM version. But again I really hope it isn't because it looks way off.
Posted Image

going to have to guess original too

#40 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

it has to be an original, as nothing i see on Sarna has the cockpit offset to the right, outside of the Hellspawn and Thunderbolt IIC. The latter does not have missile arms, for the record.

View PostRequiemking, on 06 December 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Speaking of everyone's favourite militiamech, for some reason Sarna lists the Roughneck as Apocryphal content. Anyone know why?

Sarna lists everything PGI has fabricated as Apocryphal, regardless of whether it's been branded as canon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users