So Are All The Bads On Holidays Now Or What?

31 replies to this topic

#1 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:59 PM

In the last two nights I've spectated some of the worst players and most lopsided matches in years.

Trying to get the snowman bobble head on multiple accounts has been an abominable experience.

#2 Harambe McHarambeface Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

Well, are you on holiday?

#3 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostHarambe McHarambeface Kerensky, on 06 December 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Well, are you on holiday?

I'm glad some of the bads are already participating in my thread.

Anyway, I'm not even talking about basic FPS skills, but more the complete and utter tactical incompetence and lack of map awareness that's on display in the game right now.

#4 Bilbo999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

You want this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...he-daily-whine/

#5 Whitey On The Moon

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouth East US

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:50 AM

Went up against a Zeus in my Death's Knell last night. He had too many team mates around him, so we traded at 300ish meters with me dancing around and him flat footed & full silhouette .
For 8 vollys and an arty strike, he remained motionless.
I thought, surely this guy will move when I popped smoke at his feet, but no, like a stone, a big stoopid stone he stood, till his CT was gone.

And that was just the one encounter that stood out..

Yes, they're here..

#6 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:21 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 06 December 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

In the last two nights I've spectated some of the worst players and most lopsided matches in years.

Trying to get the snowman bobble head on multiple accounts has been an abominable experience.

You know, posting on an alt account with zero matches this season and not showing your tier either doesn't make you look tough but rather... ah well.

#7 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 06 December 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Agreed. My last game was exactly that. A 12-0 stomp that rarely happens. At least you kill a few. But not here. It seems lots of noobs playing now that go out there and suicide.

#8 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

Well all my games tonight are all wins. Oh sry, there was one loos but did enough damage and kills to get a = rating.

Edited by Anjian, 07 December 2017 - 05:42 AM.

#9 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Who cares if bad players such as me are out in full force. They are distributed to both sides, never forget. So crying about them influencing your chance of winning is laughable at best.

Edited by Muujig612, 07 December 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#10 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

I enjoy spectating someone looking at their mechs feet or birds while a war is going on 1000 meters away.

#11 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

Oh, good grief..... Let me think here.......semi-final match for this years MECON championship......hmmm, three SNV meta lrg laser boats sitting on top of a hill in Cayon, in the open, not moving and sniping at extreme range? For minutes and minutes and minutes and add the pop-tarting Gyr's that elevated in the same place all match long..... Really, we're going to say that "standing in one place" is only a noob issue??? They are so lucky PGI has nerf'd LRM's into obsecurity......because they'd have been severely damaged in just a few minutes of that silliness......

Good grief......the best and the worst do the same thing and everybody in the middle complains. Such irony.

#12 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

I tried one drop a few nights ago after three months' hiatus.

I...

Almost ended up on Polar Highlands

and

My team got steamrolled 12 - 0

because

Six players held back while the six ahead of them moved up to engage, thus costing them the game. Had the cowards done something beyond be cowards... nobody knows? Because...

Posted Image

Cowards gonna coward.

This contest isn't worth the stress and anxiety some of the player base and wretched matchmaker causes.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 07 December 2017 - 07:26 AM.

#13 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

I just love Lurmbait potatoe's.

#14 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 07 December 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

Cowards gonna coward.

He weren't a coward, he finished that 96'.

#15 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostAsym, on 07 December 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Oh, good grief..... Let me think here.......semi-final match for this years MECON championship......hmmm, three SNV meta lrg laser boats sitting on top of a hill in Cayon, in the open, not moving and sniping at extreme range? For minutes and minutes and minutes and add the pop-tarting Gyr's that elevated in the same place all match long..... Really, we're going to say that "standing in one place" is only a noob issue??? They are so lucky PGI has nerf'd LRM's into obsecurity......because they'd have been severely damaged in just a few minutes of that silliness......

Good grief......the best and the worst do the same thing and everybody in the middle complains. Such irony.

There's a difference between standing in the open and getting killed and standing in the open and killing the enemy team (while not taking significant return damage). If you can outrange the enemy team it's absolutely a good idea to stand in the open. LRMs don't magically solve this issue.

The difference between the noob and the comp player is that the noob stands in one place because they don't know better, the comp player stands in the open because it's a tactically advantageous position to hold. It's not like comp players don't know how to use cover.

Sometimes standing in the open is smart. Always standing in the open is bad.

#16 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

I don't want to make any generalized statements about players or anything, but... yah, quickplay has gotten rough recently. Really rough.

Pretty much every match devolves into a 'Who can throw harder; contest. It seems like every HPG match ends up with basement pushes (One exception today); Every Oasis match is a 'Who can find the worst camping spot' rally. No one will shut up in VOIP.

None of thats new of course, but anecdotally, it does feel like it's infinitely more common.

#17 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

I had a match last night where I was in my Archer and killed a Battlemaster with my LRMs, a Mad Cat MKII with my SRMs + RLs, and severely damaged a Dire Wolf before going down. That match ended 12-2. Me and my less-than-meta Archer got the only kills on my team. I pointed this out and was told that I stole my kills. Despite the fact that they were solo kills and I ended the match with 444 damage which turned out to be second place on my team.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,857 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

i think its because the current series of events are so stupidly easy that potatoes aren't gimping each other to qualify.

#19 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

Since starting the game back up I have about an 80% win ratio. I don't know what happened in my absence, but bring on the bads I say!

#20 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Just accept that not everyone will meet your exacting standards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users