#1 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

Dear PGI-

I would like to be able to glance at a mech in the mechlab and see the "default quirks". Currently, once a mech has all the different skill nodes attached the default quirks are buried away among those skill bonuses (same font, some color).

A simple solution would be to put the original quirks in a different font color (yellow?). Easy peasy.

I think it would be nice to see the default strengths of a mech.

Thank you.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Given that the font PGI uses in the client is almost illegible when the color is changed to red? Nope, no thanks.

However, having chassis quirks separated from skill bonuses (instead of all jumbled together) would be nice.

Edited by Escef, 07 December 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#3 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

Yes please. Also, the quirk page doesn't need to list the bonuses for every single ammo type. Just a generic 'Ammo Capacity +1/2' will do.

#4 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

I agree about seeing 'default' quirks and skill tree quirks in other colours.

currently, my fix for this is go to the store and select my mech to see the pre-modified quirks (as from the factory).
takes a little longer, but it works.

#5 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Agree. I don't care what color it changes to. Hell just putting them on a different window would be acceptable.

#6 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostBigBenn, on 07 December 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Dear PGI-

I would like to be able to glance at a mech in the mechlab and see the "default quirks". Currently, once a mech has all the different skill nodes attached the default quirks are buried away among those skill bonuses (same font, some color).

A simple solution would be to put the original quirks in a different font color (yellow?). Easy peasy.

I think it would be nice to see the default strengths of a mech.

Thank you.

yes, this should be done, but IMO a much easier, better option would be just add a hover point in the bar above the skill quirk list, that a pop-up box would display the stock quirks. this way you can easily find them, and it would be far easier to code.

#7 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Holy crap......so much easier your way...........(sigh)

Makes way too much sense: especially if some patch, balancing pass, update, or some "hot patch" changes the baseline.....under your concept we'd easily see those changes and adjust. Makes way too much sense....never happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users