15 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

4-player CO-OP was announced for MW5! This is an awesome development! If it is local-network, or Steam CO-OP, then MW5 will be the best Mechwarrior game ever (and I have played most of them)!

#2 Der BierVampiR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

Indeed this is truly awesome! :-)
As far as i understood it MW5 will allow us to play the entire campagne together with friends - i am hyped! :D

#3 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:17 AM

Chill your jets ... it´s PGI you guys are talking bout ^^

#4 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostB0oN, on 10 December 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

True, but MW5 is the game that PGI originally wanted to make, but did not have the funding for. Also, this will not be a PVP game, so they will not have to waste time on buffs and nerfs and all that. Also, they said that there will be a mission editor and full Steam Workshop integration, so this means that people will be able to make (and possibly) sell scenarios and DLCs on Steam. I just hope that that Co-OP mode uses Steam or direct connect, so the game would continue on, even long after PGI has moved on from MECHWARRIOR.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

On my list: Revamp weapons to actual lore based ones.. SHK's cannon bugs the **** out of me.
Add in Mech Rifles, Mech Mortars.
Quads.
And maybe a versus mode. (I won't be able to do this, but would love to see it.)

#6 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 December 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to it.

On my list: Revamp weapons to actual lore based ones.. SHK's cannon bugs the **** out of me.
Add in Mech Rifles, Mech Mortars.
Quads.
And maybe a versus mode. (I won't be able to do this, but would love to see it.)

They said that the game initially will be from 3039 - 3050, so there won't be Mech Rifles or Mortars, unless you mod the game. I am certain that they will put out DLCs for the game in the future if it is successful though.

#7 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

True, but MW5 is the game that PGI originally wanted to make, but did not have the funding for. Also, this will not be a PVP game, so they will not have to waste time on buffs and nerfs and all that. Also, they said that there will be a mission editor and full Steam Workshop integration, so this means that people will be able to make (and possibly) sell scenarios and DLCs on Steam. I just hope that that Co-OP mode uses Steam or direct connect, so the game would continue on, even long after PGI has moved on from MECHWARRIOR.

Oh, so then it´s all okay ...

#sarcasm off
I don´t trust anything PGI says, as long as they dont bring "DA EVIDENCE", which they failed to do in MW:O .
And honestly ... funding would NOT have been a problem, there´s enough of us idiots out there that want stompy robots and are more than ABLE to cough up some for that, and we did already for this online game .

Balancing ?
PGI didn´t do all that much of balancing that couldn´t have been done much, much faster, way more efficient and without losing paying customers, that´s a fact .

Other people than PGI making a dime off MW5 ?
I don´t believe that is going to happen, Russ showed us over 6 years long that he likes his dollars in his pockets ...

What´s left ?
Some marketing, some hype generation, less than half a dozen of show-off videos and not much else, besides fan-boys feverished imagination of what it COULD be .

We shall see how it unfolds .

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

They said that the game initially will be from 3039 - 3050, so there won't be Mech Rifles or Mortars, unless you mod the game. I am certain that they will put out DLCs for the game in the future if it is successful though.

Thought it was 3015 to 3049? Guess they changed that..

Mech Rifles never went extinct and are available from 2200 to 3150+.
Thing is they fell out of military favor since they have difficulty penetrating Barrier Armor Ratings above 7 and such shots suffer a 3 damage reduction.
Unlike autocannons, which never deliver FULL rated damage in a single shot, Rifles do. The Mech Rifle used by the 35 ton arbiter is 190mm, 8 tons, has range superior to an AC/5, and delivers 6 damage against mech armor or 9 damage against any structure.
AC/2 caps at 90mm. AC/5 (and 10)s cap at 120mm, and they don't deliver 2 damage per shot until 150mm (AC/20 Crusher super heavy). So basically no single shot ACs what-so-ever (Chemjet Gun supposedly needs 4 shots at 185mm so that is 5 damage per shell there).

Mech Rifles, unlike autocannons, are based on 22nd century tank cannons. ACs are based on weapons mounted on aircraft.

Overall Mech Rifles most practically found in civilian and low-income mercenary use and are extremely common in the periphery. They are known for being very cheap and easy to run, with a hard punch given the right targets and a horrifically slow firing rate compared to autocannons (approximately once every 4 seconds, where a 120mm AC/5 can churn out 3-4 shots in a second). (And finally the SHK's Armstrong J11 is [depending on the page] either 80mm or 90mm... and since 90mm AC/2s don't do 2 damage per shell, they sure as hell aren't doing 5 damage per shell).

Edited by Koniving, 10 December 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#9 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 December 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Thought it was 3015 to 3049? Guess they changed that..

My recollection could be wrong, but I remember them saying that the time would advance up to the Clan invasion (I am sure the Clans will be a DLC).

Mech rifles would be fine, it is nice to have a variety of weapons to use and it would be cool if some weapons were rare and had to be found / earned.

***UPDATE***

Ok, I Googled it and you start out in 3015 and progress for 35 years, if you live that long.

Edited by Ed Steele, 10 December 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#10 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

WOW ! If it's that coop thing work, it will be glorious !

#11 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

Ahh i remember the good old local lan parties i use to attend with my friends. We would all bring our own PCs and play local lan connected to a router with CAT cables and ate pizza all day. This was way before we had steam or any online services that offer online multiplayer because 56k dial-up was too much of a hassle to use since the phone line would be in use and prevent any phone calls from coming through.

#12 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

This pleases me.

#13 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 10 December 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Ahh i remember the good old local lan parties i use to attend with my friends. We would all bring our own PCs and play local lan connected to a router with CAT cables and ate pizza all day. This was way before we had steam or any online services that offer online multiplayer because 56k dial-up was too much of a hassle to use since the phone line would be in use and prevent any phone calls from coming through.

Yeah, I had some great Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament parties back in the 90s.

#14 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostB0oN, on 10 December 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

Dang! You beat me to it! Posted Image

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

PGI did not pay attention to many details -- big and small -- in MWO. What makes you think they will now do so in MW5?

View PostDamnedtroll, on 10 December 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

WOW ! If it's that coop thing work, it will be glorious !

If! This is PGI we are talking about.

Edited by Mystere, 14 December 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#15 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostMystere, on 14 December 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

PGI did not pay attention to many details -- big and small -- in MWO. What makes you think they will now do so in MW5?

I like to assume that they have learned from their mistakes.

#16 Odin84

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Hi,
has somebody problems to connect with friends for coop gaming?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users