15 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

I want to take a moment here to say a very large Thank you guys and gals at PGI!

2017 has to be the most productive year for MWO and PGI ever!

A list of just the major additions I can think of off the top of my head?
-15 new mech chassis added!
-All Heros caught up from all Clans and Resistance packs
-Civil War technology update
-Incursion gamemode
-Multiple updates to FW
-New factions with all their cockpit items
-New skill tree
-New original Map
-New varriants and retrofits of new tech
-Multiple events with awesome and new rewards!

That is a rather massive list by itself, much less all the bugs and tweeks to all sorts of things in game. Like the changes or not, they are very active in Vancouver!

So once again, Thank you Russ and the whole PGI crew for an amazing 2017! I wish you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Edited by CK16, 12 December 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#2 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

frosted butts

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

I'm surprised at the lack of salt.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

I’m enjoying all the replies over on Reddit to his exact same post. Go take a look.

LOL

#5 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 12 December 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I’m enjoying all the replies over on Reddit to his exact same post. Go take a look.

LOL

Funny alot seem to atleast agree with that PGI has done alot this year. But it is reddit and salt just flows from there more then a salt mine(along with lose of brain cells from some posts..) I just was posting to shed a more positive light rather then the usual angry rants (That I figured would show up regardless). But go ahead go about your usually self and say how bad PGI is while you still play their game and hang out in their forums/reddit *shrug*

Edited by CK16, 12 December 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#6 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 12 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

I'm surprised at the lack of salt.

The salty players all left

#7 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

It's been a good year in MWO.

Personally the two highlights have been the new tech and the skill tree.

#8 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

sign

#9 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

It's still amazing to me how many bittervets can't seem to complete the following thought process:

"Am I having fun? If yes, then keep playing. If no, then go play something else."

I have never understood people who continue to play this game and post on the forums when they are very clearly getting nothing but frustration out of it. Why? Why would you do that to yourself?

#10 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

Thanks PGI!!!! Great year.

I love the skill tree. I love the new tech. I love the new map. I love the event system. I love the effort put into balance and to cap it off you guys realeased a Ghost Bear EXE hero.

Bought a Sun Spider ultimate pack just to say thank you.

Looking forward to 2018.

#11 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

There were a lot of good things added this year for sure.

Some other things I think were nice to have added or fixed:

Kill counter for all modes.
Fixed the issue with the throttle going to zero when checking the scoreboard.
Special Event tab in mechlab with instant update and redemption.
Speaker icon for whoever is currently speaking over comms.
Free cam in testing grounds.

#12 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostCK16, on 12 December 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

But go ahead go about your usually self and say how bad PGI is while you still play their game and hang out in their forums/reddit *shrug*

Thanks! I Will! See you on the battlefield!

Oh, wait...I probably won't. I counted how many games from S15 to tonight and you are at 222 games. Me, 178. For someone with so much praise for the game, seems like you are not playing it much more than me, someone critical of a number of things that got implemented. Also consider that I completely skipped October.

So, how's your alt doing?

Besides, I've already stated why I stick around in another thread. In case you missed it:

View PostKodiakGW, on 09 December 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

The members of my team that left after the Skill Maze implemtation all are playing Planetside 2. I spend most of my gaming time there. I only sign on here for the free MC, when it seems easy enough for me to get. Hedging my bets that their may be something worth while implemented correctly before the game dies, or things fixed that will bring my team back.

Seems there might be one thing increasing my play time and may bring back my friends. If implemented correctly. Looks good so far, and not that far out. My earned MC will be useful for the cosmetic items for that.

But, you know what really amazes me? When people make statements asking why do people still play this game, when they were directly told why in a response, to which they responded. For instance:

View PostKodiakGW, on 27 November 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I stick around to see if they finally want to make changes to turn around the bleed of players from this game. So I’m interested in what they have to say, and proof that it will get done. So, I make the statement to challenge them to prove me wrong..for once.

Guess some people just want to see what they want to see. I'm being critical not to get my jollies. But because I'd like to see this game get back on track so we don't see things like a prize pool for the MWO tourney that is less than half of what it was the prior year. I have given praise, or added my like, when things are done that add nice features to the game, like those mentioned in the post just above

But, you know, if you are happy being complacent about the state of the game, that is fine. Seems like they are listening to you all.

#13 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:58 AM

OP you forgot the comp mode, and the new events tools. :) (didn't they also do a minor CW update in the spring too?)

I think the game has made some really nice strides this year, and really looking forward to next year with Solaris, and hopefully new maps.

As mainly an IS guy, i have found so many of my mechs that just were not good at all, can now compete and do fairly well in them. (don't mind my bad streak the last few weeks lol) Still i am enjoying this game as much as i was when i started,, it's come a long way since the 12 mechs that it had when i actually started playing. It's pretty cool too that some of those original 12 are still a lotta fun too. the engine desync which was probably my favorite change this year, along with new tech has breathed new life into a lot of mechs that were basically never played for the last few years.

#14 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

theres thinsg that could have done better, but the game is still actively developed and thats wort a lot compared to what money milking, p2w craplaod of games that exist out there.

#15 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 12 December 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

The salty players all left

I'm still here. I just don't care enough to pull the op's list apart anymore Posted Image

#16 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostCK16, on 12 December 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

I want to take a moment here to say a very large Thank you guys and gals at PGI!

2017 has to be the most productive year for MWO and PGI ever!

A list of just the major additions I can think of off the top of my head?
-15 new mech chassis added!
-All Heros caught up from all Clans and Resistance packs
-Civil War technology update
-Incursion gamemode
-Multiple updates to FW
-New factions with all their cockpit items
-New skill tree
-New original Map
-New varriants and retrofits of new tech
-Multiple events with awesome and new rewards!

That is a rather massive list by itself, much less all the bugs and tweeks to all sorts of things in game. Like the changes or not, they are very active in Vancouver!

So once again, Thank you Russ and the whole PGI crew for an amazing 2017! I wish you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users