Mwo Holiday Events

360 replies to this topic

#61 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

There where times when IGP was still in the boat, I was thinking, please give me an event. And for 4 or 5 month there was no event.

No I am begging, please don't do so many events at the same time. Hellspawn, Daily Advent, Stockin Stuffer QuickPlay and Faction Play, 27th December. To much for me.

#62 Mechwarrior8675309

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

View Posttee5, on 15 December 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

No I am begging, please don't do so many events at the same time. Hellspawn, Daily Advent, Stockin Stuffer QuickPlay and Faction Play, 27th December. To much for me.

Most of them can be done at the same time. Run your Hellspawn and do FP or QP and also get the advent done at the same time. Problem solved.

#63 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

I personally kinda like the loot bag based events, but do think some tiered bonuses would create a bit less 'completionist jitters' amongst players?

I don't bother with FP, so big whatever on my end, but for a lot of people this set-up seems to reduce the fun factor a bit.

Why not have pick a prize or some bonus prize thing at 50, 100 and 150 loot bags won as well? Nothing major needs to be handed out (the 27th covers that one, oh my), but just to give people that (fun) sense of achievement at the lower levels as well.

Quite happy with the pull down menus on the Event page on the website btw, makes navigating so much easier. The in-game version remains dead on my end, so this was a welcome improvement.

Happy holidays!

#64 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

Maybe one day these events will be based on total accumulated MS than a minimum MS per match.

#65 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

The prizes we get for grinding 150 matches.

• Active Premium Time
  • MC (various values)
  • C-Bills (various values)
  • GXP (various values)
  • MC Consumables
    • Cool Shot
    • Artillery Strike
    • UAV
    • Air Strike
  • Cockpit Items
    • Cockpit Mounted - Xmas Lights
    • Cockpit Standing - Gift Boxes
    • Cockpit Standing - Holiday Snowman
    • Cockpit Standing - Holiday Centerpiece
    • Cockpit Hanging - Holiday Mistletoe
    • Cockpit Standing - Snow Globe
    • Cockpit Standing - MWO Mug
  • 'Coal' Items
    • Cockpit Standing - Lump of Coal
  • 1 Grand Prize!
    • Krampus - Hanging Cockpit Item

There, I highlighted the one thing I actually have consistent use for.

Cockpit items and consumables are the least interesting items offered imho. I don't even use MC consumables, for fear I'll forget when I run out of the free ones as they auto reload, and will start using real MC, which has happened before... I wish either such things could be resold for MC at a fraction of what they're bought for, or simply weren't given away, and we could get credit towards something else for the grinding.

Surprised there's no warhorns in the loot bags? Supply cache keys? One shots? Decals? Offer the letters that spell 'holidays' or something?

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 16 December 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#66 Zacharias McLeod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

So the advertisement says: Play one match and get 2 new hero Mechs and other stuff.

But the event page says you need a match score of 50 to get the prices. https://mwomercs.com/events/73

OK, 50 is not much but it is not play only one match and get the giveaways.

#67 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostZacharias McLeod, on 16 December 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

So the advertisement says: Play one match and get 2 new hero Mechs and other stuff.

But the event page says you need a match score of 50 to get the prices. https://mwomercs.com/events/73

OK, 50 is not much but it is not play only one match and get the giveaways.

Ohh.. Thanks man!... I've missed that part... (and probably 70% of the players too)... Damn small letters!

#68 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

WOW ! SO MANY OVERENTITLED OBSSESSED COMPLETIONISTS ! enjoy the lootbags, play the game, if you do spend enough time / have the ability to get 136 games done with the req match scores, congratulations, but it's not going to effect your life overall, its not even hero or (C)(S)(L) mechs its just normal mechs !
3.7mil (meh mech)
9.7 mil (just got nerf batted)
8.8 mil (Already have one)
13mil (Already have)
14mil (Can build)
14mil (Already have)

You can earn 14 mil in less than 20 FP Games if your decent, that takes less time than the loot bag event ! So stop whining and play 4 FUN !

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 15 December 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Do event developers know how the matchscore works in FP? 250? Do they know that the match can be 30min long, the player can participate all the time and get less than 250 score if his team lost the match? That part is disgusting for me. Ok, seems they don't want people getting these loot bags easy-peasy through scouting. Then exclude scouting and set 100 match score requirement for a loot bag. I thought you want to make people play FP, maybe introduce new players in it and introducing will be rough if these new players not in an organized team. The FP mode as usual gets total misunderstanding if not the utter hate from the event developers.

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I am just saying different rules for scouting vs invasion is all.

View Postutopian201, on 15 December 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

They could make it so that you get 1 loot back for 150 match score in fp, and another if you get 250
That way if you fail to make 250, but still got 150 like in a qp match, you still get something.

View PostBombast, on 15 December 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Question for PGI: Why are the MSR requirements set like they are? 150 in QP is trivial, but 250 FP is a colossal pain in the butt unless you're in a big team in Invasion, or abusing either weapons or teams in Scouting

PGI 'S NEW IN GAME EVENT SYSTEM/BROWSER CANNOT (YET) SEPERATE FP SCOUTING (4V4) FROM FP INVASION (12V12) THE MATCH SCORE REQUIREMENT HAS TO BE 250 TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO PLAY INVASION INSTEAD OF DOING IT MORE QUICKLY AND EASILY IN SCOUTING (I still get it done in scouting easily enough)

View PostMyndflayer, on 15 December 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Please... just... stop... with the Solo Kill events, even a single day for 1 of them is pointless.

I managed to get ~20 KMDD's but was kill-stolen by teammates before I finally got my one Solo Kill, which by game standards is fine because I have no problem with teammates securing a kill since it typically also secures a drop win as well.

But having to play that many matches for just 1 Solo Kill to get, what, 50MC?

As Homer would say, that is just.... st-oo-pid.

PGI - stop it, please. Just... no, stop it. KMDD is sufficient.

End of line.

i am not sure if it is fixed yet, but pgi's new in game event browser could not record kmdd's / was bugged at one point, thats why thye have/had to use solo kills.

View PostAlbertoT16, on 15 December 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

I currently do not own any of the mechs of the grand prize. So, when picking the mech, should I base my decision on performance or the regular price of the mech? Recommendations/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS: Thank you PGI AGAIN!!

If you want Inner Sphere mech, get the Stalker.
If your not Fussed get the hellbringer omi is OP coz you can rebuild however you want without having to get another mech / mechbay.
If you want to poptart get the summoner.

#69 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 16 December 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

i am not sure if it is fixed yet, but pgi's new in game event browser could not record kmdd's / was bugged at one point, thats why thye have/had to use solo kills.

It's fixed. There was a KMDD Advent Challenge a few days ago. That single Solo Kill Advent Challenge is clearly intentional, as it represents the highest echelon of kill-based achievements, since it requires both a KMDD and a Killing Blow.

Edited by arcana75, 16 December 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#70 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:47 AM

STOCKING STUFFER: why MC Consumables again? Please change to CBills version. You did it once and it was perfect and I thought you would always do it that way from then.

I had hope GP would not be tied to force playing both QP/FP again and let players enjoy their favorite mode instead. Sigh.

#71 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Disappointing but not surprising. Look, I don't even care how hard it is to get 250 MS in FP (although when I drop with a good group in Scouting which is all I ever play in FP due not wanting the time sink that is invasion, its rare for more than 1-2 of us to get 250+ unless we all get a kill).

But someone inside PGI seems to think that, "if we can just get players to spend more time in FP they'll realize its a great mode". So they keep trying to bribe/force people in FP in the hopes it will turn around participation, only to see it tank as soon as the bribe/prize is gone.

Newsflash - FP sucks. It has sucked for a long time and PGI have really done nothing to improve it. With a big enough bribe, I can get people to do anything - even eat garbage. But that still doesn't change the fact that they're eating garbage.

PGI, fix FP. Stop band-aiding the poor participation levels with bribes or mandatory FP events for prizes. You're not helping FP and you're pissing off the remainder of the community that has tried it and wants none of it.

On the upside, since I need or want nothing from the lootbag event besides more mechs/mechbays, I can now avoid it all together. So this FP requirement is reducing my QP time as well. And since I can't even buy a little extra to get the prize instead of playing FP (even with the bonuses from the SunSpider, you still have to play FP matches), I won't be spending money either. I really don't think PGI thought this through.....

#72 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Free stuff, mess with FP only if you want a "meh" mech. Works for me.

Scouting match score is based on damage dealt. Streakboats are the way to go.

#73 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

"Newsflash-FP sucks"

Newsflash-the above, while perfectly valid as an opinion, should not be taken as fact.

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 December 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#74 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostAlbertoT16, on 15 December 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

I currently do not own any of the mechs of the grand prize. So, when picking the mech, should I base my decision on performance or the regular price of the mech? Recommendations/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS: Thank you PGI AGAIN!!

Pick the mech you're going to want to play. Or, if you're going to sell it, get the most expensive. Done.

#75 Broganos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 128 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Awesome, thank you and Merry Christmas!

#76 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 December 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

"Newsflash-FP sucks"

Newsflash-the above, while perfectly valid as an opinion, should not be taken as fact.

That it sucks should be self-evident. No one plays it unless bribed or cajoled. Some people like stuff that sucks, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

#77 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

opinions are like donkey holes i guess. it could be better but it certainly doesn't suck if you enjoy team play and dont care about just your own stats.

#78 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostSFC174, on 16 December 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

That it sucks should be self-evident. No one plays it unless bribed or cajoled. Some people like stuff that sucks, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Lots of things suck, maybe even things you think are awesome suck. Unless you are referring to the physical capacity to draw matter within oneself (the definition of the verb to suck) you simply opining in application of an adjective.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Newsflash-People who cry fp sucks and insult those that like the mode do indeed suck.

Actually its not just opinion, its hyperbole.

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 December 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#79 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostApexSun, on 16 December 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

opinions are like donkey holes i guess. it could be better but it certainly doesn't suck if you enjoy team play and dont care about just your own stats.

Oooh, yes, let's start with the "it doesn't suck if you're not a bad/selfish player" insults. Please. Look, FP is dead. Its dead for a reason. And it isn't because its a great mode that people want to play.

PGI's job is to create game content that players want to participate in and pay money to enjoy. That's their business. FP can't draw a sufficient player base on any given day to avoid massive wait times and group vs. pug stomps (or ghost drops). The only time FP participation spikes is if PGI offers massive special bonuses (mechs, mechbays, etc.). What other conclusion is there but that its a crappy game mode - if not in concept then certainly in execution? And don't even try and blame the players. They are the people that PGI has to please, not the other way around. And FP fails to do so - opinions be damned, the lack of participation is all the evidence you need.

#80 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

I wasn't insulting you but it doesn't appeal to exactly the player that I described. I play FP every day for hours on end. Its all that I play outside of QP for events. We usually get instant drops unless too many of the active units are weighted to one side or the other. Then we just switch sides and move on. Maybe you should try it out with an active unit and that might change your mind. The fact that it doesn't appeal to the ftp folks is of no consequence to me or anyone that I play with. That said, it could be better and get more support from PGI. Throwing events that encourage players to drop into solo FP isn't going to make many new converts. We try to give PUG groups a chance when we drop against them but without coordination and comms they have no chance and it must be frustrating.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users