Returning Player, Mechlab Slot Weirdness

5 replies to this topic

#1 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Been away from MWO for a long time and figured i'd fire it up for few matches, since there's the winter event and all that.

Of course, the first thing i need to do is to go over every damn 'Mech i have in Mechlab.

My Raven has 4 slots left total, after endo-steel, stealth armor, weapons and necessary equipment and XLFE. I need to place one double heat sink. The weird part is: I can't fit it in the right torso despite that having enough slots left! For some reason one dynamic armor slot is not moving. Is this a bug or design nowadays? Can't figure things out.

With some weird fiddling, such as removing endo-steel and engine, i can actually fit the equipment where i want, and adding engine and ES back on afterwards works.

Not sure where to ask this, since this kinda feels like a bug report...

#2 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

I've experienced the same problem. It's some weirdness with how slots are prioritized. I think I've been able to make it work in every case.

#3 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Can you build it on smurfy?

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

You have Stealth Armor.

Stealth armor MUST take 2 slots in each side torso, each arm and 2 slots in each leg.
No exceptions. No moving.

You may have 4 slots free. But with however many dynamic slots are there, clearly there isn't enough room for dynamic structure slots to move into another space due to the presence of Stealth Armor.

#5 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostKoniving, on 16 December 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

You have Stealth Armor.

Stealth armor MUST take 2 slots in each side torso, each arm and 2 slots in each leg.
No exceptions. No moving.

You may have 4 slots free. But with however many dynamic slots are there, clearly there isn't enough room for dynamic structure slots to move into another space due to the presence of Stealth Armor.

4 slots free total, with 2 slots dynamic in right torso and 1 free slot there. This was after stealth, engine, Streak 6 and its ammo. As i said, it worked out once i removed engine and ES first, so it was not about not having enough slots in the location.

Smurfy: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c06876f29b94224

So, yeah, it seems like a bug?

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yes, it's a bug. And you've already found a way to go around it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users