239 replies to this topic

#101 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 21 December 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Contact support. Not onyl can they help, they often do so. Sure, depends on how long it has been, but always worth to try.

Thanks. Sent them an email asking if that's reasonable.

#102 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

I really wish you had started all these at the same time. Wasted all my money on mechs I really didn't want pluss not home to grind more to get mechs I wsnted. Bah humbug.

#103 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Damn... are the ANH and MCII heroes strong OOTB? Would love to buy them but I lack the cbills to kit them out.

#104 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

View Postarcana75, on 21 December 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Damn... are the ANH and MCII heroes strong OOTB? Would love to buy them but I lack the cbills to kit them out.

The ANH hero is pretty much garbage, but the Deathstrike is quite literally the best mech in the game if you can pilot an assault properly. It'll still die like any assault will if you drive it badly, but nothing deals out destruction as well or with as much average speed as a Deathstrike.

#105 Alternate Aubergine

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

WELP I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED A DEATHSTRIKE UNTIL TODAY
edit: I just wish they didn't model it looking like it's busting to pee

Edited by Alternate Aubergine, 21 December 2017 - 10:04 PM.

#106 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 21 December 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

The ANH hero is pretty much garbage, but the Deathstrike is quite literally the best mech in the game if you can pilot an assault properly. It'll still die like any assault will if you drive it badly, but nothing deals out destruction as well or with as much average speed as a Deathstrike.

How does the Deathstrike compare with the Scorch (which I have)? It's currently my top performing mech damage-wise.

#107 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

View Postarcana75, on 21 December 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

How does the Deathstrike compare with the Scorch (which I have)? It's currently my top performing mech damage-wise.

I have both, and they are both brawlers (obviously). The Deathstrike has higher mounts and sits a bit higher, which can let you poke over small and medium height cover better, but it also means you need slightly higher cover.

The Deathstrike moves at a similar speed and has a similar alpha, but is less ammo-dependent and can hit things beyond SRM range much better.

Edit: Deathstrike also has more armor :)

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 22 December 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#108 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 22 December 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I have both, and they are both brawlers (obviously). The Deathstrike has higher mounts and sits a bit higher, which can let you poke over small and medium height cover better, but it also means you need slightly higher cover.

The Deathstrike moves at a similar speed and has a similar alpha, but is less ammo-dependent and can hit things beyond SRM range much better.

Edit: Deathstrike also has more armor Posted Image

Thanks for the mini-review. I googled abit, seems like a strong assault, but I'm short of cbills (3.6m right now) and with 20+ unskilled mechs (splurged abit on mech packs) even if I bought the DS I'd not have cbills to kit it out anyway and have to shelve it for awhile.

#109 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

I'm still unsure wether to buy an Annihilator or not. The energy only one could be nice with double AMS. Any recommendations there?

#110 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 22 December 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

I'm still unsure wether to buy an Annihilator or not. The energy only one could be nice with double AMS. Any recommendations there?

The 2A can do most ballistic build you can imagine and the 1P is the best 5LPL mech I can imagine at the moment.
The 1E I run with std hs, 2LPL/6erml. It surely can do more.

#111 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

If you are doing Invasion mode Faction Play, several of the ANH variants are attractive for DEFENSIVE situations. I'm not fond of them in any other scenario, TBH...

#112 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Probably the worst of the bunch. If you want to do energy get the 1P. Other than that the Anni is better at boating ballistics as low engine cap does not go well with energy boats.

#113 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:56 AM

View Postarcana75, on 21 December 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

You can do Scorch-like things with the DS just fine. My impression, however, is that you will have a tendency to run hot and won't have quite the same type of punch. It will do a ton of damage, but MPLs don't work quite the same as SRMs. If you want SRMs, you'll want a different MC2, and then you have the issue of having ears. Small ears, but ears all the same, so the Scorch still has a niche carved out that it's superior at. I want to say the Scorch may have better maneuverability, too, but I don't own one so I can't say.

#114 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 22 December 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

You can do Scorch-like things with the DS just fine. My impression, however, is that you will have a tendency to run hot and won't have quite the same type of punch. It will do a ton of damage, but MPLs don't work quite the same as SRMs. If you want SRMs, you'll want a different MC2, and then you have the issue of having ears. Small ears, but ears all the same, so the Scorch still has a niche carved out that it's superior at. I want to say the Scorch may have better maneuverability, too, but I don't own one so I can't say.

For the Deathstrike, I find dual LBX20 and 4 HMLs work great. I've not tried it with MPLs. The Scorch is better if you're going to use missiles, IMO. I don't like the ears (small or otherwise) on the other MCII.

Edit: and my DS seems to run cooler than my Scorch? I'm not at my computer and I never did a side-by-side comparison, so maybe that's a bias effect influencing my judgement.

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 22 December 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#115 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

Nice PGI! ANHs that I did not have! 20 More mechbays! Yeah baby!

#116 S_T_R_A_N_G_E

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

According to the post the Darkdeath should still be on sale, but in the game store it isn't on sale it's the full price.

#117 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

One shot camos??

#118 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Anyone seeing the Huntsman's on sale for 35% off? Mine is showing full price still.

#119 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

It's the 22nd and the huntsman isn't on sale... I have been waiting to buy one on sale for months...

#120 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 22 December 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 22 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

For the Deathstrike, I find dual LBX20 and 4 HMLs work great. I've not tried it with MPLs. The Scorch is better if you're going to use missiles, IMO. I don't like the ears (small or otherwise) on the other MCII.

Edit: and my DS seems to run cooler than my Scorch? I'm not at my computer and I never did a side-by-side comparison, so maybe that's a bias effect influencing my judgement.

Looking at the profile ingame, the Deathstrike does seem to be more of a energy based mech than a missile one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users