Clan Heat

45 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

the clan heat issue is getting out of hand. by that every time is people get crushed they whine clan weapons such and such is op and rus and his group obligingly add heat and ghost heat to that clan weapon and the clan as a player is getting to where its not feasible to play any clans during faction play. All is has to do is play multiple battlemasters and or wave after wave of annis and assassin. There is no clan comparable selection since the clans lost tonnage in faction and in scouting.

Soulution add 56 tons to scouting so clans have a even chance to compete with is mechs and add 10 tons to clan faction linits so clans can compete with is annis/assassin waves. Also either reduce clan weapon heat and ghost heat per weapon system or give clans heat quirks like they give to is mechs willy nilly or just remove all is heat quirks if pgi is actually concerned about leveling the playing field.

#2 iliketurtles87

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

good Joke Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

Are you sure all the IS pilots aren't just cheating?

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

scouting should be changed to either 2/2 or 150 ton team dropweight limit

and allow 55 tonners back in

that would help get lights back in the game in scout mode

and also they need to change scoutmode so the dropship cant leave with the intel if theres enemy mechs in the square. so you cant just hide all game then dive into the square last second to win.

As for invasion... they probably do need to raise clan tonnage a little. 240 is too low. 245-250 would be better to compete with all the IS assaults.

Edited by Khobai, 20 December 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#5 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostKhobai, on 20 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

and also they need to change scoutmode so the dropship cant leave with the intel if theres enemy mechs in the square.

Pretty sure that's already a thing. I seem to remember drop blocking an Pirates Bane.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

(MS) has been dropping as Clanner for a month now, and so far the heat changes have not noticeably affected my Clan mechs' performance. I do not see the big deal here. Sure the Cyclops/Assassin cheese is hard to beat, but there are Clan mechs such as Orion-IIC and Linebackers, to deal with those.

View PostKhobai, on 20 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

As for invasion... they probably do need to raise clan tonnage a little. 240 is too low. 245-250 would be better to compete with all the IS assaults.

Or PGI can just make the tonnage even and start actually balancing the tech, instead.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 December 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Live by the laser boat, die by the overheat. A face full of heavy lasers is a great way to burn someone down, but you have to plan on a small break and carrying 2 cool shots if that's your build.

And we use lights a lot in scouting. If the goal is gather and you're not trying for match score, locusts and commandos are the way to run. Scatter, suck down Intel, and all rush the drop zone at the end so they can't kill everyone in time.

#8 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Or PGI can just make the tonnage even and start actually balancing the tech, instead.

lol like that will ever happen

do you know why mechs are being divided into 7 tiers in solaris?

PGI is telling us in a not so subtle way that they have no intention of ever balancing mechs

if they were going to balance mechs they would only need 1 tier

Edited by Khobai, 20 December 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Huh. Please build a 70+ alpha laservomit IS mech and tell me how hit it is.

Clans are incredibly cool running - just that with smaller weapons a huge hardpoint inflation you can easily build mechs that run too hot because they do truly stupid amounts of damage.

If your build is too hot scale the firepower back and add more DHS. You'll still be stronger than comparable IS builds.

#10 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

Clans are incredibly cool running

Actually clan mechs do run hotter. Its not because theyre heat inefficient thought, its because they have a higher peak output.

Clan weapons do higher dps. And that means they generate heat faster.

For example: a CERML is 1.2 dps and 1.1 heat per second, while an ISERML is 1dps and 0.9 heat per second

Being able to do damage faster is only ever a good thing for Clans. Clans can always choose to slow down their dps to generate heat slower. But IS can never choose to speed their DPS up at the cost of generating heat faster.

To help fix the heat disparity, IS-DHS should all be true double heatsinks.

Edited by Khobai, 20 December 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#11 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostKhobai, on 20 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Actually clan mechs do run hotter. Its not because theyre heat inefficient thought, its because they have a higher peak output.

Clan weapons do higher dps. And that means they generate heat faster.

But being able to do damage faster is only ever a good thing. Clans can always choose to slow their dps down to generate heat slower. But IS can never choose to speed their DPS up at the cost of generating heat faster.

The ability to run 33% more DHS gives you far faster cooling. Having 1/2 size Endo and CXL only 2 slots means you can cram it full of xooling.

#12 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

The ability to run 33% more DHS gives you far faster cooling.

Like I said, clan mechs have a higher dps output, therefore they run hotter, so they dont really cool at a faster rate if theyre pumping out damage as quickly as possible.

The advantage is that clans can choose to slow down their dps to the same rate as IS... only then is their cooling actually faster.

Say you have two mechs: Clan Mech and IS Mech.

Clan Mech has 6 CERML and generates 6.6 heat per second and cools 4.3 heat per second (25 DHS)

IS Mech has 6 ERML generates 5.4 heat per second and cools 3.4 heat per second (18-19 DHS)

Does Clan Mech really cool faster? Nope. Because it generates heat faster at peak rate of fire.

Its only when Clan Mech chooses to slow its heat generation to the same rate as IS Mech that it gets an advantage.

But yes having the option to do higher DPS for more heat or the same DPS with better cooling, is only ever an advantage for Clans.

Thats why I said IS-DHS should all be true double heatsinks. It would help balance things out a little better.

Edited by Khobai, 20 December 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#13 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 20 December 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

And we use lights a lot in scouting. If the goal is gather and you're not trying for match score, locusts and commandos are the way to run. Scatter, suck down Intel, and all rush the drop zone at the end so they can't kill everyone in time.

Or just brawl it out. Both are valid options :D

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 20 December 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

the clan heat issue is getting out of hand. by that every time is people get crushed they whine clan weapons such and such is op and rus and his group obligingly add heat and ghost heat to that clan weapon and the clan as a player is getting to where its not feasible to play any clans during faction play. All is has to do is play multiple battlemasters and or wave after wave of annis and assassin. There is no clan comparable selection since the clans lost tonnage in faction and in scouting.

Soulution add 56 tons to scouting so clans have a even chance to compete with is mechs and add 10 tons to clan faction linits so clans can compete with is annis/assassin waves. Also either reduce clan weapon heat and ghost heat per weapon system or give clans heat quirks like they give to is mechs willy nilly or just remove all is heat quirks if pgi is actually concerned about leveling the playing field.

My 12 spl nova does not understand your crying...

I would like clans to be at 55 tonnes but the nova is a solid brawler counter to EVERY is 55 tonner... just go for the legs ;)

#15 pheeere

• PipPipPip
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a non-euclidean corner of the map

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Yo Douglas grizzly, I was in a PUG FP match against you recently and we won pretty decisively. At the end of the match you cried about "OP IS mechs" and "3 players with suspicious accuracy, I have reported all of them". Fact of the matter is that you need to improve your game and stop accusing people of cheating when they beat you fair and square with better tactics and accuracy. That's all.

Oh and btw, crying about Clan mechs not being good enough is not even worth a real comment, wow. The Stormcrow will not solve your issues, a Huntsman can pack a bigger or at least equally good punch. Just accept that there are some IS pilots who actually know how to play this game well enough to beat Clanners in Scouting consistently.

Edited by pheeere, 20 December 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#16 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

well the assassin is definitely OP lol

people crying about that arnt wrong

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

There is nobody who doesn't suck at this game who doesn't believe Clan tech is superior and balance on the whole favors Clans by more than a little bit.

#18 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 December 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

There is nobody who doesn't suck at this game who doesn't believe Clan tech is superior and balance on the whole favors Clans by more than a little bit.

I do. I mean, I don't.....wait, what?!

#19 pheeere

• PipPipPip
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 20 December 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

I do. I mean, I don't.....wait, what?!

I think he says that every player decent or better at this game is of the same opinion and knows about the balance in favor of the Clans, and not by a small margin. Is that right, MischiefSC? Correct me if I am wrong, I had to read it 4 times as well Posted Image

#20 pheeere

• PipPipPip
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostKhobai, on 20 December 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

well the assassin is definitely OP lol

people crying about that arnt wrong

Yeah, everybody knows how utterly dominant the Assassin rules over almost any match nowadays. Oh wait... Posted Image

That Mist Lynx with 800 MGs is pretty devastating as well, and the Piranha has not even been released yet. Let's wait a few weeks, I don't think the Assassin will be a major topic anymore come February.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users