Update On 14.12.2107

11 replies to this topic

#1 Yavis

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

My question will be wrong here most probably but I have no idea where to put it else:

I run MWO through Steam and had an update on 14.12.17 with about 27mb. Since then my game is unbearable slow. The loading screens in the main menu are way longer, the animation when changing modules or skills not smooth but bit by bit and I lost more than 30fps during matches.

Other games are not effected. Battlefield1 e.g. runs utterly smooth.

Anyone with the same issues or an idea on how to fix this?

#2 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hm, might it be your graphic settings were set on ultra high? i had this twice before on cryengine games like MWO and Crysis

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Nope, just a multitude of crashes this week. Abnormal for me.

#4 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

My loading screen doesn't show the video for the Cryengine lady but I hear her voice and my ping is about twice what it used to be but I'm blaming Net Neutrality and the economy. ;)

#5 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

I have also seen a huge jump in crashes. Am seeing two or three over a five/six hour gaming period (I know way too long to be playing a video game but it takes my mind off the medical treatments I am dealing with right now).

Am also seeing a huge number of stuttering and beaming all over the place. Currently am continually running game with the frame rate/pos/ping always running.

Even with an average ping of 24, I am all of a sudden beaming around the map where I never had this before unless I accidently forgot to close bittorrent....

Also this last patch forced me to update my graphics driver which sucked as well because the latest driver has some problems with audio over hdmi that has effected my set up.

This patch has probably been the most miserable one I have had to endure during my two years of playing.

Hope this gets better and not worse.

Oh and last note, send PGI all the info you can. Let's face it they are a b or c title company at best with what appears to be little talent outside of the art department. Screenshots, and capturing error messages and reports will help a good deal with a company that on it's own likely wouldn't be able find a dispensary in Vancouver without a guide, map, and gps....(those familiar with BC and its culture will get this)

#6 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Man, will MWO even be updating in 2107? (Topic title typo)

#7 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 17 December 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Man, will MWO even be updating in 2107? (Topic title typo)

By then it'd be Battletech/Mechwarrior IRL.

2107:
  • August 28: The Deimos Project's experimental JumpShip is towed to its launch position and starts receiving a jump-charge.
  • September 3: The Deimos Project's experimental JumpShip successfully jumps between Sol's zenith and nadir points.

#8 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostN0ni, on 17 December 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

By then it'd be Battletech/Mechwarrior IRL.

2107:
  • August 28: The Deimos Project's experimental JumpShip is towed to its launch position and starts receiving a jump-charge.
  • September 3: The Deimos Project's experimental JumpShip successfully jumps between Sol's zenith and nadir points.

The mech pilots could play MWO while waiting for reactors to warm up :P

#9 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

I noticed some speed issues and then got a video card error of sort. I restarted my PC and the game now seems to be running as fast as before although I'm crashing more often atm. If you're like me and never shut down your PC you may give that a go.

#10 Yavis

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

I don´t run my pc 24/7, my graphic settings are not on ultra high (know that bug) and I´ve updated graphics software. MWO is still slow as ****. I´m just glad I´m not the only one suffering from those monkeys at PGI. Seems like I just have to wait for the next patch.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Windows 10, update to Creator also?

Turn off Windows ability to update drivers. Completely uninstall GPU driver and reinstall.

Power Options, High Performance.

Gaming, uncheck all the Xbox stuff, especialy DVR

#12 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

After the recent patch. My game is starting to crash everytime, after like playing for an hour, it ctd. Meh...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users