#41 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

View Postanonymous223, on 21 December 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

This guy is right.
I am a "first jaguar guard" and tomorrow i sign an IS contract with auto renew.
This says it all

Den, hellbr vomit is even better than ebon, but the point is that there are 12 man is thay on quickplay maps in fp send 6 annihilators in the front and 6 assassins in the *** at same time, and clans just lack of dps to get through all that armor. In fp maps they just zerg the gens and since we lost uacs....gg

Sounds like a problem the tonnage slider can fix.

#42 pheeere

• PipPipPip
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a non-euclidean corner of the map

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

View Postanonymous223, on 21 December 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

This guy is right.
I am a "first jaguar guard" and tomorrow i sign an IS contract with auto renew.
This says it all

Den, hellbr vomit is even better than ebon, but the point is that there are 12 man is thay on quickplay maps in fp send 6 annihilators in the front and 6 assassins in the *** at same time, and clans just lack of dps to get through all that armor. In fp maps they just zerg the gens and since we lost uacs....gg

Hm, so there's a way through massive coordination and ideal Lance composition to play out some of the few strengths of IS mechs and actually win a match (not a planet, haha, you silly guys)? Yeah we can't have that, this is a Clanners game, right? I give you 4-6 weeks and you will change back to Clans.

#43 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 21 December 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Sounds like a problem the tonnage slider can fix.

No, it's a failure to set up correctly.

Be it people getting the gens zerged or spawn camped people play too far back. You play up front and you cover the entrances. If the Assassins take another gate and try to zerg... you all go back and slaughter them because it's 12 v 6 and the Annis are not getting to you before it's done, then it's 12 v 6 again. Besides if you're so terrible at the game that you can't kill the Annis before they get 6 through the gate and in a firing line I don't know what to tell you. Huge, fat, slow mechs you'll be shooting them 2 by 2.

Same thing with getting farmed in your DZ. The people who drop in slow mechs or just don't hustle out of a drop and then their team is like 800m away from their DZ when you find them? I'm within firing range of their DZ by the time the wave ends. WTF were they thinking. Take slow mechs on defense siege maps, nowhere else.

Anyone who can't win in Clans is literally saying that they can't win when the odds are stacked in their favor. There's nothing polite you can really say about that.

#44 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

Lets see. Played a scouting match. Lasted two minutes. All four IS mechs were taken out in about 10-15 seconds. I got off one shot. Boom. Dead. Not wanting to play FW. It would help if IS could also field Clan Mechs.

#45 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...

#46 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Clan is fine, sofar all of the mini nerfs like the latest ERLL heat increase have done very little in terms of changing the meta, since clan still has better alfa strike and better sustained DPS vs IS mechs when using laser weapons. Unless you want to make IS DHS better then cDHS, i think the current system is in a good spot, IS has more heat efficiency, but they pay for it with their weapon weight and low alfa strike coupled with the inability to bring as many DHS.

Im not of the opinion that balance is too bad right now, but unless PGI decides to give EVERY single mid range clan laser weapon a good 25+% increase to heat generated, i highly doubt that clan lasers will ever be replaced by other weapon types, at least not entirely.

Also worth mentioning is the "heat" issue on clan side is purely psychological. Best example of this is the 78 alfa strike hellbringer with ~23-24 DHS. It FEELS really hot since its puking out close to 80 dmg at a time, but its sustained DPS is comparable to most IS laser boats with 20 or so DHS, and if you compare it to another popular build that has 27 DHS and 60 alfa strike (1 less HLL), it onlu looses ~15% of its DPS, something that you are unlikely to care about in anything but long term sustained combat (no clan laser mech should be sitting in the open shooting for 2+ minutes anyways so its irrelevant).

Edited by panzer1b, 22 December 2017 - 04:03 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users