- - - - -

Patcher Caught An Exception - Can't Install

3 replies to this topic

#1 MennoKnight

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

I've been away from MWO for probably a couple of years now, and wanted to come back to see what sort of things had changed and play with a friend. That said, i can't seem to install the game because after the initial install download, that installs fine, but then it tries to install a patch and fails. The only message i get is:

The patcher caught an exception!

Caught exception in finishPatchProcess().

I've googled around and haven't found any solutions for this issue. I'm not installing the game in the default directory, because my main SSD doesn't have ~50GB to spare for the install process.

Any ideas? I'm really glad i don't have a data cap because i've already downloaded the entire game 3 times only to have it all vanish into the aether.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Try using the Steam version instead.

#3 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

View PostMennoKnight, on 20 December 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

I've been away from MWO for probably a couple of years now, and wanted to come back to see what sort of things had changed and play with a friend. That said, i can't seem to install the game because after the initial install download, that installs fine, but then it tries to install a patch and fails. The only message i get is:

The patcher caught an exception!

Caught exception in finishPatchProcess().

I've googled around and haven't found any solutions for this issue. I'm not installing the game in the default directory, because my main SSD doesn't have ~50GB to spare for the install process.

Any ideas? I'm really glad i don't have a data cap because i've already downloaded the entire game 3 times only to have it all vanish into the aether.

The Steam version is solid enough but if you don't like Steam on in the background...
Are you using the most recent updater/patcher? They've updated the patcher a few times now so if you're trying to use one that is 2 or 3 years old, you may want to redownload it from the main site and try again.

#4 MennoKnight

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

got it working, not sure how though. will likely swap over to the steam version at some point, thanks for the advice all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users