In Need Of Advice. Please.

29 replies to this topic

#21 Thadd

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Also, don't wait to jump into Faction Warfare until all your mechs are fully skilled out through quick play. You'll level your mechs faster in faction play if you're in a good group because you'll get experience on 4 mechs at a time vs 1 in quick play. Yeah you wont contribute as much starting out, but your mechs will get better over time, plus you make more cbills in a faction play match, which helps pay for those skill upgrades.

#22 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

assassin is getting nerfed soon

i would take a banshee 5 erll ( slow xl, no endo, 40 standard heat sinks and 2 flamers to put high mounts), it has more cooldown than BLR and way more heat eff

and than a javelin 6 medium lasers

for mid range maps you could take a grasshopper 5h and than close with a bushwaker srms

Edited by anonymous223, 30 December 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#23 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

Thank you all once again for the advice. I am waiting until I have all four mech ready before I jump into FP.

#24 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

Don't use flamers to raise the ERLLs, use Small/ER Small lasers and save yourself a ton.

And if you don't want to risk XL, a 300 LFE will still allow you to pack 36 SHS into that Banshee and still net you way more heat efficiency than DHS.

That said, if you want to boat ERLL then you should probably take a targeting computer to maximize your range. No less than a TC II, I would say.

#25 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostThadd, on 28 December 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Also, don't wait to jump into Faction Warfare until all your mechs are fully skilled out through quick play. You'll level your mechs faster in faction play if you're in a good group because you'll get experience on 4 mechs at a time vs 1 in quick play. Yeah you wont contribute as much starting out, but your mechs will get better over time, plus you make more cbills in a faction play match, which helps pay for those skill upgrades.

You will find it faster to level individual mechs in QP, where you will face players closer to your skill level and you can really familiarize yourself with each mech as you will typically focus on skilling one at a time. FP is a bit of a crapshoot, you could very well sit waiting for a match for 10-30min only to have a premade on one side or another do an objective rush and you get jack squat. IF you get into a premade, and they nor going strictly objectives, thats a different story...

Edited by UrbanTarget, 30 December 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#26 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

Good advice and I appreciate it greatly.

I have been leveling them up in QP. So far only my WHR-7S is mastered. My BSW-P2 is about halfway there. I LOVE MY BUSHWACKER!

I have also enjoyed a couple of days where Camerons Highlander let me group with them for drops. Theyve helped me appreciate the benefits of being part of a well coordinated group. Orbit Rain and his unit are good.

Edited by Khazad Boom, 31 December 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#27 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

Oh yeah, dropping fp solo is an exercise in reducing expectations...

#28 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Turns out that Scouting mode is kind of addictive.

#29 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

Scouting can be fun... its nice to only be focused by 4 enemy instead of 12... >.<

#30 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

You seem to be off to a good start and there is plenty of good advice, even some that's a little odd too.

There is a thread in this very forum with some extremely good builds, even broken down into effective range brackets and playstyles:
https://mwomercs.com...tguide-by-mpg/. Two of my "standardised" Drop Decks are the the 3x WHM-6D plus 55t Medium and BLR-2C (5x LL for personal taste), 2x WHM-6D plus ASN-21 (SRM Bomber). Both are more focussed on trading at medium range (3-400m) with the ASN as the Joker/Wild Card.

With either of those setups you will be in a fairly strong position for defensive Siege maps and the cooler Skirmish / Domination QP maps. On offensive Siege and hotter QP maps they may be a touch on the hot side if you are still learning to control heat loads. The WHM is capable of some ballistic loadouts, so you have the possibility of flexibility once you have them.built but for now you are on the right track.

I would recommend looking out for as many IS/Clan FP players as possible, this will make it easier to find groups to play with regardless of what times and Faction you play in. You can never have too long a friends list ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users