Inner Sphere Faction Play Dropdeck List/guide (By Mpg)

93 replies to this topic

#1 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

INNER SPHERE FACTION PLAY DROPDECK LIST

Over the previous few months many players have asked me what builds I tend to bring in my FP dropdeck . So I've decided to help them out and made this list.

This list is meant for both experienced and inexperienced players who are looking for effective Faction Play builds.

Feel free to send me a message if some of the builds on the list are not properly linked or invalid in smurfy.

Image Preview (Just in case the link above stops working)

Posted Image

Edited by Magic Pain Glove, 29 June 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#2 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the list.

#3 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

I've seen your question in the other topic.

I am torn between buying another Warhammer and a 55 tonner (Shadow Hawk or Bushwacker) OR buying either the Battlemaster 1G or 2C and buying an Assassin for that deck.

You could build a decent dropdeck with those Warhammers + Battlemaster 1G + Assassin 21 . It would prob suit you for most maps.

BLR-1G (5xERLL) 85t
WHM-6R (2xGauss + 4xERmed) 70t
WHM-6D (3xLL+4xERMED) 70t
ASN-21(4xSRM4) 40t

Total = 265t (all tonnage used)
With those you would prob have a decent deck for most occasions.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Also in addition have a read of the Reddit Thread.

Bit of discussion going on there and some alternative points of view. Not saying this guide is bad (before the usual suspects jump down my throat) - I just have a different view on where the META is right now after some of the more recent 'balance' passes, if you can call them that.

#5 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

It's all good A S H .I am open to criticism as META is in a constant state of flux , this list contains builds that I've tested myself and found them to be suitable for FP .That said I dont consider it as some "be all end all" thing , merely as something to help the IS pugs stand on their feet and have a chance in a fight against clans . And I know it cant be much worse than what I've seen some folks bring to the field lately Posted Image .

I have plenty of FP matches under my belt and rarely score under 2k (unless its conquest / incursion or on teams with extremely good players where we are all killing stuff faster than their dropships can spawn them).

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

Oh I know you ain't worried by what I said mate.

Others would be. Probs already clicking the report post button saying I'm trying to incite arguments lol.

#7 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Pfft I don't see the Gaussapult, this is heresy!

#8 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:30 AM

Not enough medium lasers Alexandra ^^ Gauss whamy with 4 mediums does it better . But if you like it and do well with it , well , who am I to say otherwise.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

Totally agree.

The 65T IS mechs just feel lacklustre compared to the 70-75T mechs. For not much more tonnage you get a whole lot more.

#10 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:51 AM

Interesting topic, found some nice ideas for myself. Still, I cannot keep but wonder ,why you chose 40+10 on WVR-7D over,say, 20+30?
And a Heavy gauss? Personally I fount it hard to recommend it to anyone. Sure, it works on defense but sucks hard on offense. Especially on those 90-100t mechs, since you won't be able to chase your enemies.

#11 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Heavy Gauss builds are meant for Siege defense maps mostly , as you dont need the speed.Hgauss has the ability to make insane trades at close range with both MAL-2P and ANX-1X having 80+ dmg alpha strike which can easily delete many clan heavies and mediums (many times in just one shot) if they decide to face tank. I've had matches where I alone could hold a corner with that thing as loong as they were poking / pushing out 1 by 1 . They also cant be overheated on hot maps which is a big plus as well.

When it comes to WVR-7D , 40+10 combo provides you with decent tonnage savings over 20+30 (15t vs 17t)for a somewhat higher spread and , slight weapon desync (which I didnt find to be all that bad) and negligible ghost heat . To be honest , I was unsure if to put that thing on the list , however the secret weapon of this build is in the masc itself. You can easily move in and out of cover and dish out 50 DMG alpha strikes while using masc , making their return fire miss most of their shots on you. I've had better matches in this than I did in my QKD-IV4 which is also a monster when it comes to MRM boating. It is a lil bit hot , but the speed itself allows you to disengage easily after dishing out 6-7 alphas (if not more). It just works very well. There is a Trebuchet build which is also amazing for mrms , but I find it more squishier than IV-4 and this WVR.

#12 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

The BH2 with Gauss, 2x Large, and 5x ER Medium on a 295 LFE will get you a 58 poke out to 460+ meters and, with 16 DHS, isn't actually that bad on the heat. Excellent trading machine and, IMHO, superior to the dual Gauss WHM on neutral maps.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 26 December 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#13 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

I'm sold on the WHM-BW with UAC10/2×UAC5, ROF is perhaps a little low but it does chew through 'Mechs in good order.

Personally I run my CP-10Q's with 7x ASRM4 and an LFE380 (71.4 with Speed Tweak fully unlocked), I prefer the higher ROF and tighter spread but either setup is a monster at short-range. 2x CP-10Q and 2x Assassin SRM4 bomber on most defence maps are big damage potentials, IF the pilot is willing to get up close and personal.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 26 December 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Don't speed tweak! Such a waste man...

#15 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 24 December 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

When it comes to WVR-7D , 40+10 combo provides you with decent tonnage savings over 20+30 (15t vs 17t)for a somewhat higher spread and , slight weapon desync (which I didnt find to be all that bad) and negligible ghost heat .

Spread is the same. 10 = 20, and 30 = 40. Recycle rates and launch duration are also identical between all four.

You're getting 2 tons for doing the 10+40 instead of 20+30, but if you're just using that two tons to put into heatsinks to counter the ghost heat, then basically you're getting zero tons and just paying a crit slot tax for nothing.

*does maths*

Okay,
10+40 + 12DHS = 9.52 burst DPS, 6.71 sustained
20+30 + 10DHS =10.42 burst DPS, 6.67 sustained

Feсk, I was wrong. The recycle rates are not the same between all four. The MRM40 takes 9% longer because it's an MRM40. Which means...

While you get 0.6% better sustained DPS in the long run, you lose out on 9.4% burst DPS. And mind you, both these builds only begin overheating after about 40 seconds, so your pre-heatcap burst DPS has a lot more influence on your performance than the post-heatcap sustained DPS.

If you fire the MRM10 and MRM40 separately to avoid ghost heat, then you get a 7.6% better sustained DPS than the MRM20+30, but you also increase your "burn duration" and exposure time by upwards of 100%, which is just garbo.

If you get cheeky and run 11DHS to enjoy the free ton of ammo or engine or jumpjets, then you lose out on 5% sustained DPS in the end.

I would just run the MRM20 + MRM30.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 December 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Don't speed tweak! Such a waste man...

I make exceptions for splat brawlers from time to time. Depends on the chassis, the build, and the situations you put yourself in, but I think repositioning or closing distance 7% faster can be worth it. You're only sacrificing part of the firepower tree that don't tremendously benefit the splatclops, I reckon.

Edited by Tarogato, 26 December 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#16 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Much disapoint the Orion 1Va isnt on here, or the King Crab 0000, or the Highlander 733C....3 of the best IS mechs..

#17 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 December 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I would just run the MRM20 + MRM30.

You are prob right , I used to run MRM20/30 when I started playing that build but found myself constantly running out of ammo . And I felt like I needed tonnage for other stuff as well.I will include that MRM20/30 build as well.

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 26 December 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Much disapoint the Orion 1Va isnt on here, or the King Crab 0000, or the Highlander 733C....3 of the best IS mechs..

Can you show me the build of that Orion 1VA ?

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 26 December 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Personally I run my CP-10Q's with 7x ASRM4 and an LFE380 (71.4 with Speed Tweak fully unlocked), I prefer the higher ROF and tighter spread but either setup is a monster at short-range. 2x CP-10Q and 2x Assassin SRM4 bomber on most defence maps are big damage potentials, IF the pilot is willing to get up close and personal.

I used to run that combo on some brawly maps and even saw some teams running that deck , 2x CP / 2 x ASN . Its pretty scary , and if all of your team mates have them you can splat clams like flies with it . I also used to run 7xASRM4 with a slightly lower LFE tho . I will prob include it on the list as well for folks who want to run slightly faster.

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 December 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I make exceptions for splat brawlers from time to time. Depends on the chassis, the build, and the situations you put yourself in, but I think repositioning or closing distance 7% faster can be worth it. You're only sacrificing part of the firepower tree that don't tremendously benefit the splatclops, I reckon.

Indeed you can...

But that assumes your team has as well. There ain't much point going 3-6km/h faster if your entire team isn't.

#19 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

#20 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

I was trying to fit ASRM6's on that thing but always ended up being either too slow or had to remove some heatsinks to get the tonnage needed.I like this , will prob include it on the list as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users