Inner Sphere Faction Play Dropdeck List/guide (By Mpg)

93 replies to this topic

#61 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

I agree , prob somewhat better choice now . Updated the list with some of the new mechs . Stealth build sheet also added for people who want to try it out . Funnily enough I've found stealth mechs usefull in FP on few occasions , but I dont recommend people running them unless they know what they are doing (Stealth mechs are ignored by turrets , radar sweeps etc ) , hence why I removed them from the first page.

#62 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

I've made some changes to the list . Added a VERY SUBJECTIVE viability color scheme for those who are not sure what to pick first plus some new builds as well .

I had my doubts about 4xLBX10 + Snub Anni in FP , but after testing it on some (cqc defense) maps I think that its a good option for people who prefer LBX over auto cannons . Big alpha , short cooldown in a relatively heat neutral build . If things get too hot just stop firing the snub ppc and you are golden .

UPDATE : (22/3/2018)

Added a scouting list specifically for the upcoming Lucky Charms event . Posted Image Should have been done way earlier but I guess I was lazy .Lost of decent brawlers are still missing will populate it more later on (feel free to leave suggestions).

Seems like there will be some IS vs IS warfare as well , could be interesting .

Edited by Magic Pain Glove, 22 March 2018 - 12:15 PM.

#63 WAR_HAWK

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet: Kesai

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 27 December 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Interesting build...although if someone quick enough gets behind ya and blasts your LT or CT from the rear your a gonner...only 6 points of armor doesn't last very long with one quick AS...

#64 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostSachiko Ravenwater, on 05 April 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Interesting build...although if someone quick enough gets behind ya and blasts your LT or CT from the rear your a gonner...only 6 points of armor doesn't last very long with one quick AS...

Well, to shoot his back you would have to get behind him. Guess who would expose his own back to the group of Brawl Mechs following C H E E K I E Z? Posted Image

#65 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

Are you serious mate, 6 rear armor on a heavy is the standard for armor distribution. If you need more armor than that you would also need more situational awareness.

#66 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

Then might I further point your eyes to the whopping 60 points of structure you have to chew through first, always assuming Cheekiez hasn´t murdered you by then, ooohhhh, hold on ... you´re dead .

:)

#67 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

6 armor is fine for heavies. I run heavier back armor than many players I know, and I usually run 6 on heavies, 8 on more agile assaults (like victor or cyclops) and 11 on Annihilators.

#68 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:12 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 06 April 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Are you serious mate, 6 rear armor on a heavy is the standard for armor distribution. If you need more armor than that you would also need more situational awareness.

I always just go with 3 rear armor on everything.

#69 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Updated the list with few new mechs / builds . Looking for some good nightstar builds tho.

#70 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 28 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Looking for some good nightstar builds tho.

Let me know when you find one... god knows I've tried looking at that thing every which way and I can't see it as anything but inferior to other options. Even in the 95 ton class, the BNC has several better builds IMO.

#71 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:47 AM

Looking for some good nightstar builds tho.

9S with 2AC10, 2(snub) PPCS, 2 (er) med lazors. Could be XL or light. Not great but works most of the time.Also played some matches in S7 - was quite powerful, having high chance of killing those KGC(before the patch)
Other stuff I tried performed much much worser.
But honestly, better just pick KGC or Banshee.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 29 May 2018 - 06:56 AM.

#72 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 06 April 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

I always just go with 3 rear armor on everything.

Do you just... how very interesting...

#73 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Interesting how? It's what all half decent players run for the most part. 3-5... Maybe 6 max.

Updated the list with few new mechs / builds . Looking for some good nightstar builds tho.

There aren't many...

I have one, Vitric Defence only (Dakka), ANN does it better of course but you save tonnage using one... Otherwise the mech is a total pile of junk.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 June 2018 - 06:50 PM.

#74 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Interesting how? It's what all half decent players run for the most part. 3-5... Maybe 6 max.

Because next time I see him "securing" a kill with his horrible little light gauss K2 I will shoot him in said back...

#75 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Added some new mechs across multiple lists , mostly scouting . Stealth list has been updated as well Posted Image ... It seems like the Flea will be a good addition once it gets released for cbills , MG boat variants that is .

#76 Havelock Vetinari

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

Interesting list, but why is the GHR-5J with 5 ERLL missing? Imo it is just better than the GHR-5P because of better quirks. And it is also (far) better than the WHM-6D, which got no heat reduction, no armor quirks and no cooldown reduction.

And why is there no Jagermech while the RHJ-R with 2 UAC10 is on the list (which I agree with)? Sure, the RHJ-R got better quirks, but the Firebrand got good quirks as well, and it got the higher mounted weapons. I like my Firebrand with 2X UAC10, 4X ERSML and LE250, and it performs well in FP.
Also I understand why most people don't like AC2-builts (much face time), but the JM-6S with 4XAC2 plus 2 ML and LE265 is a monster.
For scouting I recommend Kintaro Golden Boy with 3XMPL and 1XMRM40. ;-)

#77 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:53 PM

I will prob take another look at each and every Jagermech variant and see how well enough they perform in FP .I've been using them a lot in solaris and QP lately . They might be alright for mid range and long range stuff I have no doubt . They will definitely be included on the alternative / experimental list tab , that's for sure.

#78 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:37 AM

The JM6-DD with 3x UAC5 is pretty nice, the anti-jam quirk on it makes it a good dakka mech. Bit fragile though, but it's still got great damage output.

#79 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:57 AM

List updated with more scouting builds.

#80 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

CQC JM6-A and another long range Stalker added to the list Posted Image . Also since Thanatos is a VERY good mech atm , I might include it in more places . MRM80 / MRM60 Thanny will prob make it on the list along with some other builds .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users