Thinking About Coming Back... Whats New?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostFinn McShae, on 23 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

I see the boards aren't any friendlier than years back.

I only started this game in closed beta, so I've played a game or two, and I noted above my hiatus was life and internet related, not gameplay.

The suicidal frustration comment was tounge in cheek and mostly referencing the issues thr game used to have wherein solo puggers ran against 12 (or 8 moons ago) premades and stood no chance, similar to lurmocaplyse references (cause those were real, briefly).

I can already see the community seems to have taken a step down, pity that.

Were you here for the 3rd person debacle? Or the Gold mechs? Oooo weeee. The forums turned into a real barn burner back then. Things are fairly civil by comparison. I think it's just that we get people who left the game because they didn't like the core game. Yet come back expecting it to be a completely different game. So Revis probably assumed by your comment that you were one of those people.

I only play a few matches a day. But I haven't experienced people sync dropping as much. At least not to where it was obvious. Though sometimes it makes you wonder. I'm sure some sad sack people still do it to inflate their epeens.

If anything. You're gonna be frustrated by one sided stomps that occur without the aid of premade groups. Sometimes it really is just people not working together or two people getting caught out of place.

#22 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

Poor guy got burned lol... but seriously OP should check the newbie guide forums, too much content to read through or write it here.

#23 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 23 December 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Were you here for the 3rd person debacle? Or the Gold mechs? Oooo weeee. The forums turned into a real barn burner back then. Things are fairly civil by comparison. I think it's just that we get people who left the game because they didn't like the core game. Yet come back expecting it to be a completely different game. So Revis probably assumed by your comment that you were one of those people.

I only play a few matches a day. But I haven't experienced people sync dropping as much. At least not to where it was obvious. Though sometimes it makes you wonder. I'm sure some sad sack people still do it to inflate their epeens.

If anything. You're gonna be frustrated by one sided stomps that occur without the aid of premade groups. Sometimes it really is just people not working together or two people getting caught out of place.

Haha, forgot about that. Especially when they announced it in the midst of the great poptarting panic, if I'm recalling correctly. Sad how hard it is to remember things as we age.

#24 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostFinn McShae, on 23 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Haha, forgot about that. Especially when they announced it in the midst of the great poptarting panic, if I'm recalling correctly. Sad how hard it is to remember things as we age.

Well some of us are dug in like ticks on these forums. They'll have to shut it down to get us to leave. xD

#25 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

You probably won't be around for long TBH, especially with the ways the queues are right now during these "events"

#26 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostFinn McShae, on 23 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

I see the boards aren't any friendlier than years back.

I only started this game in closed beta, so I've played a game or two, and I noted above my hiatus was life and internet related, not gameplay.

The suicidal frustration comment was tounge in cheek and mostly referencing the issues thr game used to have wherein solo puggers ran against 12 (or 8 moons ago) premades and stood no chance, similar to lurmocaplyse references (cause those were real, briefly).

I can already see the community seems to have taken a step down, pity that.

How is it unfriendly?

If you mean my comments, im sorry i didnt greet your with a kiss and a pat on your bottom.

Life can take us away, no one knocking ya for that but lots of the issues of single spawn games still remain here because it is in fact a single spawn game. I was simply pointing that out if you didnt understand the symptoms of the illness.

And yes people who dont understand how game work and use passive aggressive comments as insults are pretty lame. The brown sea is nothing but a place to fling ones waste and let the green jeans throw their chest out and close your threads. Much better place exists on reddit.

But welcome back i guess, i cant wait to find ya in game and show ya the ropes again! Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 24 December 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#27 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

My advice: don't base your opinion of the game or the community of people who play it on anything you read on the forums.

#28 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Managed a few drops today and, as many of you noted, it is indeed much the same. Just with some new shinies and very different looking maps, that will take some getting used to.

Laser vomit is still in, no big deal some of my favorite mechs like to vomit.

For to play with new stuffs I dropped a few in a bushwacker with MRMs and a MAD with HPPCs and even managed to figure out the skill system. Didn't get a chance to try out the RAC before my son woke up from his nap, so maybe tonight I'll try it.

Had fun, will drop again. Thanks all.

PS, my potato manages to still run it with an acceptable frame rate, yay!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users