Omnipods

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vilent Son

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

So, are there ever going to be any more clan mechs with omnipods? Since that is what most clan mechs where based on. If not let me know because IIC mechs are basically IS mechs modified. However, this game seems to think that they are future clan mechs. Obviously, the makes of this game are biased towards clan since everything now is based off IS. If the answer is no, there with never be any more Omnipods please say so and get it over with so I can quite the game. If I wanted to play all IS mechs I would have join a game called MWO all IS.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostVilent Son, on 25 December 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

So, are there ever going to be any more clan mechs with omnipods? Since that is what most clan mechs where based on.

yes, the new Sun-Spider is the Clan OmniMech,

If not let me know because IIC mechs are basically IS mechs modified.

yes IICs are old InnerShere Designs retrofitted with Clan Tech,
but not all Clan BattleMechs are based on IS Designs(see KDK)

However, this game seems to think that they are future clan mechs.

well they are and they arnt, Clan Continue to Build New OmniMechs as well as BattleMechs,
but the IICs are most defiantly Older InnerShere Designs retrofitted with Clan Tech,

Obviously, the makes of this game are biased towards clan since everything now is based off IS.

well both sides have BattleMechs and OmniMechs, its just IS hasnt gotten their OmniMechs yet,
so its not so much IS is only BattleMechs, and Clan only OmniMechs, both have both,

If the answer is no, there with never be any more Omnipods please say so and get it over with so I can quite the game.
If I wanted to play all IS mechs I would have join a game called MWO all IS.

well its yes, as the New Sun Spider is an OmniMech,
well both sides have both BattleMechs and OmniMechs,
Check out the history of BattleMechs and OmniMechs, on Sarna,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 25 December 2017 - 08:32 AM.

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

I feel the need to clarify some things.

So, are there ever going to be any more clan mechs with omnipods?

The Sun Spider will be an omnimech.

If not let me know because IIC mechs are basically IS mechs modified. However, this game seems to think that they are future clan mechs.

IIC mechs are Star League era designs that have been reworked using Clan tech. The extent of those redesigns varies - For mechs like the Hunchback, it was obviously pretty simple, merely switching technology bases and adding another hunch. Some other mechs weren't so simple - The non-MWO Phoenix Hawk IIC perhaps being the most extreme example.

IIC mechs are no older than many omnimech designs, and they continue to be produced by the Clans. They are also not retrofits - Clan IICs mechs are built from the ground up as they are. Retrofit designs are called 'C Variants.' Examples include the Annihilator C, and the Marauder II C (Not to be confused with the Maruader IIC).

Obviously, the makes of this game are biased towards clan since everything now is based off IS.

Strictly speaking, all Clan technology, including Omnipods and many of the Omnimechs, are based off of IS tech.

If the answer is no, there with never be any more Omnipods please say so and get it over with so I can quite the game. If I wanted to play all IS mechs I would have join a game called MWO all IS.

For someone who seems so hung up on a lore issue, you seem poorly informed.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and enjoy the Sun Spider! Don't forget to play on the 27th so you can get a free hero variant of the mech!

EDIT: Also, not all Clan Battlemechs are IIC mechs. See the Kodiak.

Edited by Bombast, 25 December 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#4 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Don't see what's the issue with clans having battle mechs now n then. The option to build according to preference of speed and weaponry makes them fun and optimised to some peoples play styles. I've had more fun with niche clan battle mecha like the onion iic and the marauder iic than almost any other clan mech
but ya, the sun spider will be an omni

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostBohxim, on 25 December 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Don't see what's the issue with clans having battle mechs now n then. The option to build according to preference of speed and weaponry makes them fun and optimised to some peoples play styles. I've had more fun with niche clan battle mecha like the onion iic and the marauder iic than almost any other clan mech
but ya, the sun spider will be an omni

The issue is, Clam tech is outright superior, and PGI has done nothing to fix that.

As a result, Clam Battlemechs are generally the best mechs in the game
Better tech, plus better construction, plus hardpoint inflation

#6 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

What makes you think they wouldn't release new Omnimechs? The 2 newest announced mechs are, and 1.5 out of 2 of the newest released clan mechs are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users