Holiday Event Impossible For Pug Players

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ijzel

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

How are PUG players supposed to get 200 stockings when they keep getting steamrolled by 12mans?

PGI, this is so poorly thought out.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Scouting is the way to go. Your odds of getting 250 match score are pretty low, but you can do so many matches, so fast, that it doesn't matter.

Your best bet on Clan side is to either run a SSRM boating Huntsman (SRMs should work as well), or a Dual LB-20X Hunchback IIC. If not using self-guided weapons (SSRMs, ATMs), your goal is first to take a leg (Just one), then a ST, and if the mech survives, the other ST. No CT kills.

EDIT: Oh, and no Lone Gunmaning it. If your team sticks together, and all 4 of you engage together, its almost garunteed one of you will get your Match Score, if not 2. The better you stick together, the better you'll spread damage. The better you spread damage, the longer you stay alive. The longer you stay alive, the more damage you do.

Also, pro-tip - Skip the strikes, bring a Cool Shot. Strikes only do damage if the enemy isn't paying attention, Cool Shots always work if you can aim straight. Obviously disregard if you're in a mech that can fire for over a minute straight without overheating.

Edited by Bombast, 25 December 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#3 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Just enjoy the stocking suffers from qp. Mech bays come in time anyways.

#4 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostIjzel, on 25 December 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

How are PUG players supposed to get 200 stockings when they keep getting steamrolled by 12mans?

PGI, this is so poorly thought out.

What did the warning tell you that you did not do?

#5 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Meh, being a pug I'll just happily avoid FP, or I'll bring a dual lbx-20 hunchie and just happily pug away till I can't see straight.

Dis pug be puggin.

o7

#6 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Pack your mech with lrms, throw a strike on your team, qq on forums. EzPz, event in bag.

#7 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

4 day old account? And after prize that is hard to get even if you are more experienced? Real seal or fake troll..or something.

#8 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 25 December 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

4 day old account? And after prize that is hard to get even if you are more experienced? Real seal or fake troll..or something.

It's an alt. Same thing was posted on Reddit, on a different user name. Granted, that name has a fairly low game count as well, but they played most of the Seasons.

#9 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

And, after actually winning the last several Scouting matches, none of the 8 players reached the 250.... That's 40 players that did their best, fought some cool battles and yet, NO ONE made the 250... What do you think they are thinking?

I still only have four 250 match scores and now have played 50+ Scouting matches... Let's see, that's less than one a day....and, I played most of Christmas day: 1 MS win.....

#10 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostAsym, on 25 December 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

I still only have four 250 match scores and now have played 50+ Scouting matches... Let's see, that's less than one a day....and, I played most of Christmas day: 1 MS win.....

I'm like 0/6 on scouting but 5/7 on invasion. Scouting just wasn't working for me, and invasion still takes some work. Still need 20 more to get the mech, but that's an awful lot of playtime even if I can keep that ratio up.

#11 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostAsym, on 25 December 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

And, after actually winning the last several Scouting matches, none of the 8 players reached the 250.... That's 40 players that did their best, fought some cool battles and yet, NO ONE made the 250... What do you think they are thinking?

They are probably thinking, 'why is this guy trying to get it scouting'?

#12 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Bring a high dps mech to scouting so you can lay the damage out fast. Assuming 0-5 team dmg only, 450 dmg on a win should get u the match score. 500+ on a loss to do so

#13 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

View Posttker 669, on 25 December 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

They are probably thinking, 'why is this guy trying to get it scouting'?

Oh, that's really a simple thing: Faction play itself is an unmitigated nightmare....a long, protracted, severly mutated gameplay nightmare that is just non-value added....30 to 40 minutes a match and you walk away with nothing other than an ulcer....
We don't drop as a team in FP anymore (56 players)..... You do understand that? I will not drop in FP unless I absolutly must for some event reason and then, I only do what is necessary and get the heck away from it.... Yuk, a bad taste....

#14 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Before you get too upset, add up the probable value, in real money, of what you will collect.

Then..........relax.

#15 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

View PostAsym, on 25 December 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Oh, that's really a simple thing: Faction play itself is an unmitigated nightmare....a long, protracted, severly mutated gameplay nightmare that is just non-value added....30 to 40 minutes a match and you walk away with nothing other than an ulcer....
We don't drop as a team in FP anymore (56 players)..... You do understand that? I will not drop in FP unless I absolutly must for some event reason and then, I only do what is necessary and get the heck away from it.... Yuk, a bad taste....

Sorry you feel that way.

It looks as though you will have to be happy with what you can get from quick play.

Think it is a ton of time really for anyone to do both regardless.

#16 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

I think they're going to need to see dozens of threads like this before they deflate the requirement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users