Marauder Iic Builds? Prime/a/b

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cervani

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

Just bought the standard pack, and was trying to find a few builds for them on the forums but can't find shite. Any builds are from before the skill tree change.\

Anyone have some good builds for either of these three?

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

There is no "PRIME" model, but i assume you mean the basic regular IIC with no letter.

Anyways, as for good builds, your number one "meta" and generally strong build will be 6ERML, 2ERLL/HLL (depending on whether you want max damage or utility of range). You then use a XL375 engine for good mobility, and cram, it with 29-30 heat sinks depending on whether you want a TC or not and strip a teeny bit of armor from arms/legs but not too much. This is the sort of build that you walk around a corner, and fire everything at once into the best target of opportunity (preferably at someone thats not noticed you so they dont shield), then pull back into cover and cool down for a second attack. Repeat as needed until the enemy has all died, or you have died. Ofc there are also times where you want to expose yourself and take a few hits for the team (its a assault, dont be scared of fire unless its a lance or so all hitting you), and there are times where you need to be agressive, even brawl if necessary, but the best part is that it does so much damage (all of it focused where you aim too) that anyone who isnt fresh is going to either die or get neutered in a single solid hit.

Another popular option is 9MPLs, which is absolutely brutal at killing anyone, but has the major issue of forcing you to engage at ~400m for optimal damage (shooting past 500m is a complete waste). Its harder to play since you need to get up close and your good hitboxes become easy to focus at that range, but it does work if you enjoy a more brawly playstyle where you rush in and murder someone within a few seconds.

As for the A model, the defining feature is the triple ballistic. The 3 most popular builds on that thing that ive seen and or used myself is 3UAC5, 2UAC10, or 1UAC10+2UAC5 combined with either 4 ERML/MPL, or 1-2 ERPPCs depending on preference. Essentially, you are going to find a good firing line, and just spam the cannons at the biggest target you can see (assaults are best since they cant evade easily), and occasionally using backup lasers or ERPPCs as heat allows.

Alternatively you can do 1GR, 2HLL, 2ERML if you are not a fan of clan autocannons and their (arguably) terrible and annoying burst damage mechanics. It offers decent focused alfa strike of 65, and it plays sorta like a laser vomit mech but you have incredible sustained damage capability which lets you nail targets more often before having to cool down due to heat. This is what i run on the C model (more optimized since i can get 72 alfa vs 65), but its worked for me on the A as well but with 1 less laser. Likewise, you can also run dual gauss with a STD engine and 4 ERML, but thats a very niche build and id stay away from it unless you are a huge fan of gauss rifles (much better idea to put that on the MCII).

As for the B model, i have never owned it so i wont comment much, but ive seen a few players do good with 2ATM-12s in the LT and some combination of medium range lasers (MPLs, ERML, HLL, LPL, ect). Basically play it like a ATM boat, but with some actual weapons behind it instead of purely relying on a situational weapon. Also, while you CAN do it, do yourself a favor and dont use LRMs on that mech, its a terrible build, its really inconsitent, and itll make you rage quit all the time (i tried that with the dual LRM20s on the IS 5D and its bad, like really bad). Thing is, if it had 1 more missile hardpoint you could do something like SRMs or streaks, but with just 2 hardpoints, its wimpy and not worth it (myself i nbeed to have 3-4 hardpoints to use SRMs or streaks at all).

If you arent a fan of missiles, you can always do something like pure heavy energy, quad ERPPC, 5ERLL, 4LPL, ect. None of these are really optimal (if you want pure energy use the base IIC model with just energy hardpoints), but its an option if you have the mech, dont enjoy missiles, and cant figure out what to do with it.

thats about it for the general stuff. The IIC and the A model are both very solid (A is niche and its no kodiak but its still a good amount of cannons), and both of those if you build correctly can carry games often (my IIC is prolly one of my best carry mechs i have, raw damage and good range). The B is something you can have fun in, but the options are limited since you can only really use ATMs effectively (too few hardpoints) or use a small number of very heavy energy weapons (not enough hardpoints to boat ERMLs).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users