Mist Lynx G

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tronking

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

https://steamuserima...A1AE2779A639C9/ (image of mech lab )
I want to use the mist lynx g machine gun design but the problem is it maxed out on tonnage and I need more ammo. I also could place more armor on the mech but the ammo is a bigger problem please give suggestions and advice on what to do.

Edited by Tronking, 03 January 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

Use http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ to design your builds. It's an excellent MWO resource.

Here's the stock Mist Lynx G loadout: MLX-G Not a terribly effective build in my mind; too little armour and not enough ammo for the HMGs.

A simple change would be this: MLX-G. It replaced the right arm with the MLX-A right arm. The MLX-A right arm has a big armour quirk and a machinegun ROF quirk, but two less ballistic hardpoints. It's still light on ammo but it'll last longer. You can swap out the ERSLs for ER micro lasers to get more ammo, like this: MLX-G. The micro lasers really don't have much punch though.

If you really want to go with 8 ballistics though you're probably going to have to downgrade to MGs or LMGs:
MLX-G (MGs and HSLs; fire from 120m or closer)
MLX-G (LMGs and ERSLs; fire from 220m or closer)

Here's the build I use for my Mist Lynx: MLX-G. I find the extra range of the HMLs is useful early in the match where you're just trying to survive.

#3 4lex

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

I am a bit lost as to where put my skill point on mist lynx MG boat

#4 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Radar deprivation & targeting time (for finding weak points), mobility, range, and I guess survivability for leftover points.

#5 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sorry to necro, just seeing this. I run my -G with 8xMGs, 2xER Mediums in the torso and a Micro Laser in each arm. Maximum armor, the rest of the tonnage to ammo (you can shave some armor off the side torsos if you like round numbers). Focused on the Mobility Tree and Firepower that gets you the extra ammo. Take your time and really practice with those jump jets and torso twisting. Good luck! ;)

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

And spend some SP on getting dual artillery strikes. Gives you another thing to contribute.

#7 Tommy Atkins

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:46 AM

So... 2021 here. Weird question, but why does the Mist Lynx G have a +15 armor bonus to the left torso, but not the right?

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:34 AM

because it has 2 E hardpoints there. Other RT omnipods that don't come with hardpoints also give the +15 armour quirk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users