Revisting The Cplt-K2 With Dual Ac 20S Aka Boomcat

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

So I just returned after another break of about a year and was greeted by a few new toys to play with. RAC's, light engines ...

Anyhow I thought I'd see what is possible with the light engines and fit one into a cplt-k2 leaving enough Slots and Tonnage for 2 AC 20s and 4 tons of ammo.

Dual AC 20 catapults were a do or die build back in beta that had to be wielded carefully due to it's slow Speed (58 kph) and necessary cut backs in armor for lack of endo steel and FF back then.

But now? Hell is this a beast. Almost full armor, 75 KPH (full Speed Tweak skill unlocks). You flank them and gank them. Will edit this post with a detailed build later.

#2 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:50 AM

But its only 4t of ammo dont U get out of ammo often?
I am also returning player and found out that dual Uac10s are performing better on those mechs that strugle with tonnage to fit those weapons.
While Uac10s are not that pinpoint,at close range u can still put most shoots in one component on decent number of mediums and all heavier mechs and U also have ability to deal great dmg at medium range and enough ammo for both situations.

#3 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

With the ammo skills it is 36 shots. So yeah there is no room for wasting the ammo in senseless stand offs and hip shots.

It is pretty much a build you want to maneuver behind the enemy or choose softened Targets, so no front line mech. You are the that rides in to finish the Job quick.

Edited by Jason Parker, 05 January 2018 - 02:55 AM.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:44 AM

Strip the arms, use a LFE 280 and you'll have space for 5.5 tons of ammo.

#5 Culler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

I swapped my old boomcat to AC/20 and 2 snub-nose PPCs. Similar enough projectile behavior, same cooldown, same optimal range, and same damage output with the bonus that the snub-nose PPCs don't run out of ammo.

#6 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

I hear 2 HvyPPCs,2 LMGs,and 2 MLs works good.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 29 January 2018 - 05:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users