Anybody Elese Getting Tired Of Uac Jam Bugs?

95 replies to this topic

#1 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

I mean, seriously...

Thought I saw that the chain fire was fixed. Guess not.

If you all can't figure it out, how about you make all the other ballistics of the same damage all the same crit spaces? They are same weight and tonnage. In a number of cases I's rather take standard ACs than UACs because I'm tired of the RNG jam crap. In fact, I'd rather take LBXs than continue to deal with buggy UAC jamming.

That's saying something...

Edited by KodiakGW, 04 January 2018 - 08:27 PM.

#2 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Personally, I hate them unless you have 4 or more of them.

#3 Shinichi Yamamoto

• PipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

This is no bug. It works as intended, in that every trigger has a certain probability of causing a jam, even if it is the first one.
Lazy programming, yes. Lon-lore-conform jamming mechanism, yes. Bug, no.

#4 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

There was a thread about this a little back.
I'm pretty sure thats by design.

By "that" I mean first trigger pull can, in fact, cause a jam after the first projectile has left the barrel.

Though I hear 5 shots, and that cycle rate is faster than .5 a second, the rate at which chainfire operates between transitioning weapons. So I'm thinking you're double tapping at least two of those uacs, the 3rd just insta-jammed on first shot.

Thats some bad luck there regardless lol

Could be wrong though.

#5 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Take PPCs.

#ezlife

#6 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

PGI coded ramp for flamers and RACs. They should use it for UACs, where each double tap fills the ramp / increases chance of jam. Jam should occure only on double tap, unless your ramp is nearly full, so if you don't overpush your luck, you will be able to do constant shooting, with periods of increased fire rate.
For example (o=shot): oo-oo-oo-o-o-o-o-o-oo-oo-oo-o-o-o.... Or: oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-jam.

This random jam chance we have now is an obsolete design.

P.S. Besides, since PGI is so focused on "e-sport" and fears RNG, wouldn't this proposed system make more sense?

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 05 January 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Yep. They love to jam right when you just turn the corner and come out in front of a few enemy mech. Best way to stop them is to go back to acs then you never have to worry about them jamming. Even with the uac/rac nodes they still jam way too much.

Insert space balls jam gif.

#8 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 04 January 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

P.S. Besides, since PGI is so focused on "e-sport" and fears RNG, wouldn't this proposed system make more sense?

What focus?? I think you mean MW5 for solo yolos.

#9 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostShinichi Yamamoto, on 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

This is no bug. It works as intended, in that every trigger has a certain probability of causing a jam, even if it is the first one.

This is actually not working as intended.

#10 Shinichi Yamamoto

• PipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 January 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

This is actually not working as intended.

What had PGI in mind? Didn't they intend it to work that way since RNG determines the jam? So it is quite possible that the jam can occur at the first trigger?

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostShinichi Yamamoto, on 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

It is absolutely a bug.

UACs should not jam on single press. The ONLY time the UAC jam should occur, or be a factor is on a double tap. Not single firing.

Jay Z also did this testing some 6+ months ago now and PGI we're made aware back then... Bug still isn't fixed and really, it's a pretty big issue. I've had 3UACs jam same time on a single tap before... It's ridiculous and literally kills you as you step out to do DMG and you are instantly gimped.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 04 January 2018 - 10:15 PM.

#12 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostShinichi Yamamoto, on 04 January 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

What had PGI in mind? Didn't they intend it to work that way since RNG determines the jam? So it is quite possible that the jam can occur at the first trigger?

Any trigger pull when the weapon is not on cool-down is supposed to be guaranteed, every time. That includes just holding the button down so it fires at the standard AC rate. Any double-tap, that is any attempt to fire a shot while the weapon is on cool-down, has a chance to jam.

That's how it is supposed to work.

So it should never, ever jam on the first trigger-pull when the weapon is fresh or when you keep the trigger depressed. But it does, because the UAC code is wonky. I don't even think it's truly RNG, multiple weapons jam simultaneously too frequently for that. Same thing for crits; multiple like-weapons in a component go boom simultaneously to seem truly random.

#13 Shinichi Yamamoto

• PipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 January 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

Any trigger pull when the weapon is not on cool-down is supposed to be guaranteed, every time. That includes just holding the button down so it fires at the standard AC rate. Any double-tap, that is any attempt to fire a shot while the weapon is on cool-down, has a chance to jam.

That's how it is supposed to work.

So it should never, ever jam on the first trigger-pull when the weapon is fresh or when you keep the trigger depressed. But it does, because the UAC code is wonky. I don't even think it's truly RNG, multiple weapons jam simultaneously too frequently for that. Same thing for crits; multiple like-weapons in a component go boom simultaneously to seem truly random.

Well, then they had the correct thing in mind at least. C+ for trying, I guess?

#14 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 04 January 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

I mean, seriously...

Thought I saw that the chain fire was fixed. Guess not.

If you all can't figure it out, how about you make all the other ballistics of the same damage all the same crit spaces? They are same weight and tonnage. In a number of cases I's rather take standard ACs than UACs because I'm tired of the RNG jam crap. In fact, I'd rather take LBXs than continue to deal with buggy UAC jamming.

That's saying something...

You can do what I do. Leave it pressed (in case of UAC 5 or 2s) for continuous fire without jamming, or wait for the reload (in case of 10s and 20s) to complete to shoot again.

The doble tapping is useful when you are peeking, throw a burst of bullets, then come back to coverage. If you have jams, just wait, like an overheated mech, for it to cool down and unjam.

#15 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:44 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Take PPCs.

#ezlife

Love to...but can’t do three shoulder mount energy on that MAD IIC variant (or any really). This one happens to be the one I am leveling. Don’t want to waste too many of my last GSP on something that may be mothballed as soon as I get the MC MK2-B on Monday.

Besides, I’m sure I can find a number a videos in my collection where invisible terrain or leaves on a tree clipped my PPC shots. I mean, in another thread I already have a video posted of invisible terrain soaking up my laser shot.

Edit: And to those suggesting take regular ACs, I specifically mentioned about UACs being one crit slot less than the other two ballistic types of same damage. Please add your +1 to that instead of telling me to just take them. Time to reduce those others if they can’t fix UAC.

Edited by KodiakGW, 05 January 2018 - 06:47 AM.

#16 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

I have only ever replicated this in live matches, so the most likely candidate is ping/lag/HSR turning a single click into a double tap then rolling for a jam. I have never been able to make any UAC jam in the Testing Grounds, nor have I seen anyone else do it.

#17 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Yes you cannot replicate it in TESTING Grounds

It must be in private lobby or live match - nothing done in testing grounds can be trusted, this has been proven many times.

Anyway found Jay's vid on it...

#18 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Agreed. The UACs jam much more often than a 17% jam chance should cause. That and the longer jam duration and the cooldown not starting until the jam has cleared has killed my builds that use one or two UACs to the point that I have barely used any of them since November of 2016. When I do bring one out I always stop using it after a couple games out of pure frustration. Those mixed builds used to be my favorite Mechs but now if you do not boat UACs then they are far too unreliable to use IMO.

#19 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostRampage, on 05 January 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Agreed. The UACs jam much more often than a 17% jam chance should cause. That and the longer jam duration and the cooldown not starting until the jam has cleared has killed my builds that use one or two UACs to the point that I have barely used any of them since November of 2016. When I do bring one out I always stop using it after a couple games out of pure frustration. Those mixed builds used to be my favorite Mechs but now if you do not boat UACs then they are far too unreliable to use IMO.

So UAC jam chance is 17%? So if a mech has a UAC Jam Chance Reduction of 20%, the jam chance becomes 13.6%?

#20 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 January 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

It is absolutely a bug.

UACs should not jam on single press. The ONLY time the UAC jam should occur, or be a factor is on a double tap. Not single firing.

Jay Z also did this testing some 6+ months ago now and PGI we're made aware back then... Bug still isn't fixed and really, it's a pretty big issue. I've had 3UACs jam same time on a single tap before... It's ridiculous and literally kills you as you step out to do DMG and you are instantly gimped.

We've all been there, done that and have the UAC merit badge. I don't use UAC's anymore. Problem solved.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users