Anybody Elese Getting Tired Of Uac Jam Bugs?

95 replies to this topic

#21 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

Bug is live since the the IS UAC5 is in the game. Was called out god knows how many time in the last four years.
PGI doesn't care, quality control and all. I highly doubt it will get fixed within the next four years either.
Deal with it, overcome and adapt.

#22 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostAsym, on 06 January 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

We've all been there, done that and have the UAC merit badge. I don't use UAC's anymore. Problem solved.

Indeed, the UAC shouldn't jam on single fire, only double. I've also stopped using UACs, even if the mech has UAC jam chance bonus like the Deathstrike.

#23 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

Honestly I never notice this problem. I only jam when hammering away at the fire button, which is (at least as far as I can tell) absolutely how it's supposed to work.

#24 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

2 words towards mitigating this : Fire Control ...
You guys go and figure out the rest, eh ;)

#25 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

The worst part is if you are mashing the fire button to fire the next round as fast as possible while focusing on the enemy and your aim, it jams more than if you just slowly press and release the button, both of which i am speaking about DOUBLE TAPPING.

W T F.

The chances should be identical but they are not..Ive been saying this forever and people told me no its not true, but it is just like that time everyone said laser damage was wrong but pgi said it wasnt but then found a problem.a d fixed it, same with machine guns.

Edited by l33tworks, 06 January 2018 - 08:41 AM.

#26 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:44 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 06 January 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

Deal with it, overcome and adapt.

View PostB0oN, on 06 January 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

You guys go and figure out the rest, eh Posted Image

I did. Laser Vomit.

#27 Alkabides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

In my limited experience for the most part I've found holding the button down then double tapping before getting behind cover or they get behind cover works for me. If I jam at that point because of the double tap I'll have a second for it to fix before I'm back in the fight. I find I rarely jam when holding down the button. I have no statistical proof of this but the dakka keeps flowing.

#28 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

View Postl33tworks, on 06 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

The worst part is if you are mashing the fire button to fire the next round as fast as possible while focusing on the enemy and your aim, it jams more than if you just slowly press and release the button, both of which i am speaking about DOUBLE TAPPING.

W T F.

The chances should be identical but they are not..Ive been saying this forever and people told me no its not true, but it is just like that time everyone said laser damage was wrong but pgi said it wasnt but then found a problem.a d fixed it, same with machine guns.

Well, chance to jam is on every single triggerpull. We could get arround it with enough fire control (as in actual control not the macro "gid gud" programm).
The real problem is that uacs can jam on the very first trigger pull (as in first pull not first double tap).

#29 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 06 January 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Well, chance to jam is on every single triggerpull. We could get arround it with enough fire control (as in actual control not the macro "gid gud" programm).
The real problem is that uacs can jam on the very first trigger pull (as in first pull not first double tap).

Err no. You cant seriously be saying every mouse click as a trigger pull regardless of what stage the weapon is at?
The jam chance should only apply once per attempt to double tap. If it does not jam and successfully double taps, no more mouse clicks should be counted toward a jam until the weapon cools of, returns to normal fire mode, fires in normal mode, and then the next click has another 17% chance to jam when clicked in double tap mode. Thats it.

You could click 400 times in that period but the total chance to jam in firing 4 times should be 34% whether you clicked 4 times or 400.

Edited by l33tworks, 06 January 2018 - 05:16 PM.

#30 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 06 January 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Err no. You cant seriously be saying every mouse click as a trigger pull regardless of what stage the weapon is at?
The jam chance should only apply once per attempt to double tap. If it does not jam and successfully double taps, no more mouse clicks should be counted toward a jam until the weapon cools of, returns to normal fire mode, fires in normal mode, and then the next click has another 17% chance to jam when clicked in double tap mode. Thats it.

You could click 400 times in that period but the total chance to jam in firing 4 times should be 34% whether you clicked 4 times or 400.

I am seriously saying that every single click comes with a jam chance, even the very first triggerpull. Likewise, if you "overclicking" it your jam chance also increases. Like we've been trying to tell for years now.

#31 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 07 January 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

I am seriously saying that every single click comes with a jam chance, even the very first triggerpull. Likewise, if you "overclicking" it your jam chance also increases. Like we've been trying to tell for years now.

Only in a live game, only because it gets calculated as a double tap thanks to ping/lag/HSR/what-have-you.

Otherwise it would be replicable in the Testing Grounds due to it being a coding issue with the jam mechanic. It isn't, so it isn't.

#32 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 06 January 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Never had it happen in my matches, so unless there is a video, I am gonna deny it.

#33 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

View PostRampage, on 06 January 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

I did. Laser Vomit.

Sad, but true comment. Thinking of just going with one Gauss on the shoulder, with lots of laser vomit until I level it. Dropped triple UAC5 to lean more toward laser vomit because of jams like this. Can’t fit triple AC5 or LBX5 without going standard engine thanks to crit space. Video proof that UAC2 won’t work for suppression at beginning of thread. Thought the reduced jam time might work out. It didn’t. Triple AC2 is 3 crit slots more, and under performing (have video of that up too).

And FYI, video is me holding down fire button, not mashing. Fire, jam, jam. Video proof right there for disbelievers. Also have a video up on my channel of Dragon jamming like a mofo with UAC jam reduction quirk and full nodes back when Skill Web nodes were also UAC jam reduction.

Thread created because I don’t expect them to fix it. Seems obvious they can’t figure it out. Just want an alternative then to just go laser vomit. Reducing crit space to be on par with the UACs would be a good compromise.

#34 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 January 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

Never had it happen in my matches, so unless there is a video, I am gonna deny it.

Look at the page 1? Jay Z video confirms jam without double tapping.

This can happen on first or 5th shot, it's irrelevant which pull it is... The issue is it happens.

#35 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 January 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

This can happen on first or 5th shot, it's irrelevant which pull it is... The issue is it happens.

No, it confirms jam without intentional double tapping. That is the issue, it's an unpredictable ping/lag/HSR issue, which registers a single button press (or continuous depression) as a double tap, thus causing a jam. That's why it never happens without consuming ammo, because the "first shot" is fired, then it jams.

Proof using the video you referenced.

Around the 0:25s mark, the ammo count drops from 741 to 736 - 5 shots are fired. There are 5 AC"s, which use 1 ammo per shot. Yet 2 are jammed?

Conclusion - unintentional double tap, as ammo was consumed and, as best as I can tell, all 5 rounds are visible exiting the AC2s.

#36 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

It's not a double tap if you are not, double tapping.

This is the issue. I've absolutely had mine jam on the first or second press using cooldown only. If the game thinks you are double-tapping (which does seem to be the problem) then the way it's coded needed to be looked at.

I cannot say I noticed it prior to about 6-8 months ago either. People say they had but there was limited evidence of it. It's come about more around the time Jay did the video because it was being notice by a few people more regularly.

It's as annoying as being rear-cored (and weapon critted) from a frontal ERPPC hit, that stuff also drives me insane.

#37 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 January 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

It's not a double tap if you are not, double tapping.

This is the issue. I've absolutely had mine jam on the first or second press using cooldown only. If the game thinks you are double-tapping (which does seem to be the problem) then the way it's coded needed to be looked at.

Yes, but as mentioned, it doesn't happen in the Testing Grounds, only live matches, so it's more likely a coding issue related to matches, rather than the UAC jam mechanic itself.

#38 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 January 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

You didn't understand my comment. I said nothing about jamming without double-tapping. I said it is impossible to jam on the first click. Jay Z managed to shoot all his UAC2s before jamming, which means his UAC2s did not jam at the first click. Probably due to latency the server interpreted his clicks as double tap.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 January 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#39 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

He isn't clicking - that's the point.

Simply running off cooldown, it will and does jam. Now if the server is somehow interpreting cooldown firing (not clicking) as double-tapping... That be some fked up shiit.

#40 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

I'm over uac jams bugged or rng. Would laser vomit much less if uac's jammed less

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users