16 replies to this topic

#1 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

After a long two days at work, seeing both the second Q&A and announcement of faction icons was more than enough reward. More than happy to show my allegiance to Davion after so long out of the battlefield. (Playing MW4Mercs campaign over and over doesn't count as experience any more).

I think it'd be cool to have player icons of famous canon MechWarriors or political leaders, or even a generic 'Mech chassis (of our choice) in a skin related to our chosen House.

Anyways I'm posting this more out of excitement than trying to make a point. Though recent developments have definitely reinforced my faith in PGI.

#2 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Today's announcements have been subtly explosive, to be honest.

Announcement of physical combat, and major clarifications of both the game's structure and faction mechanics.

What's not to be excited about?

#3 Oppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hooray, finally we can all declare our loyalty to the first prince !

Now I need some snakes to blow holes into ! ^^

#4 Terror Of Death

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canada

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

This all just keeps getting better and better would you all not agree?

#5 Naughtyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

hehe..i agree 100% , this was an early x-mas gift for sure..cant wait for more goodies to be thrown at us :D

#6 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostFranklen Avignon, on 21 December 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Announcement of physical combat

Waitwaitwait. Where was this part? I may have derped and missed it, but I don't recall reading anything about physical combat...

#7 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

View PostBrother Grim, on 21 December 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

Waitwaitwait. Where was this part? I may have derped and missed it, but I don't recall reading anything about physical combat...

Umm neither do I. Going back to skim the Q&A again...

#8 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

It was in the Massively article.

Players will sometimes jockey for the best positions, have to deal with an unfriendly environment, and even close to melee range. Unfortunately, melee has not been featured much in older, digital incarnations of the game, but Piranha plans on changing that. While details were sparse, the developers let us know that there would be a specific planet in MechWarrior that demands melee combat as a primary means for destruction. We're wondering whether this means that the planet has an atmosphere which does not allow for the use of ranged weapons or that the match simply has rules that forbid them. For now, the developers' lips are sealed about this post-launch feature.

Lots of speculation, but my guess is Solaris VII is the planet. Maybe as a testbed for melee combat.

Edited by Dihm, 22 December 2011 - 06:22 AM.

#9 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Excellent, then... *gets crew to dust off Axman* ;)

#10 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostBelial, on 21 December 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

After a long two days at work, seeing both the second Q&A and announcement of faction icons was more than enough reward. More than happy to show my allegiance to Davion after so long out of the battlefield. (Playing MW4Mercs campaign over and over doesn't count as experience any more).

I think it'd be cool to have player icons of famous canon MechWarriors or political leaders, or even a generic 'Mech chassis (of our choice) in a skin related to our chosen House.

Anyways I'm posting this more out of excitement than trying to make a point. Though recent developments have definitely reinforced my faith in PGI.

so the original "declaring for davion" post not good enough eh, had to have your own one then fella..... <_<

j/k

;)

welcome to the Davion ranks

#11 Voro

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed - Clasified

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostBelial, on 21 December 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

This is the first time I pledge loyalty to a House. For many years I have been a High Ranking individual in a group of raider/pirates. I have been a mercenary pretty much all my time. However, seeing as my brother here has always been a House Davion pup. I will follow and pledge as so.

#12 Trooper2400

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, Tennessee

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Looking forward to playing the game and defending the honor of House Davion.

Edited by Trooper2400, 08 July 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#13 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostTrooper2400, on 08 July 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Looking forward to playing the game and defending the honor of House Davion.

What "Honor" do you speaketh of? Your as dirty as the rest of us, get off your high throne.

#14 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostSerevn, on 10 July 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

What "Honor" do you speaketh of? Your as dirty as the rest of us, get off your high throne.

#15 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Let me know when you are ready to invade these vermin, I will gladly support your cause even well before 3057. It is time the davions learn the true meaning of our alliance.

Edited by Noaceik, 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#16 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

YAWN.....

View PostNoaceik, on 13 July 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Let me know when you are ready to invade these vermin, I will gladly support your cause even well before 3057. It is time the davions learn the true meaning of our alliance.

YAWN...

#17 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Noord Brabant

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostNoaceik, on 13 July 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Indeed yawn... and how do you want to learn us about your alliance... You better watch you don't get stabbed in the back by your own buddies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users