• 90 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

They seem such a petty type.

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

Once I was part of a unit in MW:LL, called CJW ... our motto was pretty simple, yet pretty fun and effective ...

LEG EVERYONE !
EVER !

kekeke

#3 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostFriedIV, on 05 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

They seem such a petty type.

You say "petty," others may say "pragmatic."

Zellbrigen's for private matches, and the last man standing in an Invasion mode stomp.

Otherwise, no honor among mercs (whether your clanner or spheroid). Get the job done, collect your cash/abtakha, move on.

If you're frustrated by getting legged repeatedly, I'm sorry for the bad feels bro.

Edited by Virlutris, 05 January 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

I'm kind of a torso guy myself, but legs work also. But nothing beats a headshot.....Posted Image

#5 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Let me guess.. You regularly skip leg day and you store all your ammunition in the stripped down legs to make space for other things in the torso such as FF and ES?

#6 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

As a guy who gets his 4xSRM2 locust for a jogging session, I always go for legs against lights/certain mediums, especially the one of pokey-peeky types.
Why? Because it removes the threat fast while exposing me the least.
You see, both lights and mediums got insane turn rate. While it's not enough against "in your face" SRMs to shield with arms, it disallows you to isolate CT, and with all the clanners/LFE IS mechs around, it makes no sense to go for ST unless armaments are suspiciously heavy for a light.
Aside from that, you should consider amount of NASCAR-fitted mechs, who put all Weapons in their right side while left side merely holds supplements like extra heat sinks, beagles and stuff. And many guys have enough twist skills to make it ultra-hard to isolate RT without receiving first volley in YOUR face, which in Locust case may prove to be your last.
But hey, let's add some angling breakdown, shall we?

Let's pretend that I encountered 2ER PPC Raven that humps the hill. He is isolated. Looks like a chewy cookie, huh? Well, not for me. This cookie got raisins to it, it moves slow enough, that instantly makes me jump to simple conclusion: He is LFE-fitted. Killing his LT will slow him down a bit, but other than that he will remain operational. At least I can handle one of his volleys if he will actually hit me, right? Well, calculations say that I will!
Oh, snap, Mag Lock returned data. This guy got himself ER small laser as a backup! I won't die instantly to oneshot still, but I won't last long even if he will never land another PPC volley on me.
This is how he looks like to me If I'll try to go for anything but legs.
https://imgur.com/a/FvrxX
Red area is the one where I have to be to reliably hit the CT. In case of Raven, it's also the area where I realistically CAN'T hit that one ST that matters.
Orange is area where I have enough ST damage with some damage leaked to CT. Yellow is where arms produce high interference. IN the duration of average engagement window, all shots to the arm are effectively LOST.
My "alpha strike" is 17.2, with good fire rate. However, this fire rate still will take a potato to allow more than one shot in one area before enemy will invalidate access to his backdoor. Typical Raven will mount about 4 points of armor in the rear. Add 16 points of structure and 4 points of bonus structure plus 4 more with skills. 28. The perfect shot I land on his RT back throws him in orange and this is the moment he turns and says "Good day, mofo!" to me and instantly calls out me as target and shouts for help.
I want to lure him in "merry go round", but he is smart enough to no-sell said attempt. Instead, he shoots a volley (It's a miss) and swipes me with small laser while backing up into closest rock.
Sure, I can play peek-a-boo with him (Since his nose can be spotted before he see me), but the guy got seismic sensor and angles himself just right in the way that at best I can hit his LT/LA from one side and get rekt if I'll try to go around and engage him from the other side. However, it's only half of my problems, since LRM 60 supernova with some ERLLs to boot responds to his help call. Raven pilot realizes it and launches UAV.
"Warning, incoming missiles!" shouts Bitching Betty. That means that I have to either be on the move or hiding. I can no longer peek-a-boo because the moment I'll try that is the moment when all these LRMs will bake me in my casket.
Luckily, SNV got no direct sight at me still, but this may soon change. I decide to try my chances in merry-go-round (even if it's only I doing so)
I start running, get my ER PPC volley (I'm lucky, one hits the hand leaving it almost unarmored, one goes to ST, I still have some armor on it, woo!) and try to hit the raven in his RT. First shot is relatively good (5 missiles hit RT, 3 missiles hit RA) but raven decides to play it safe and from now on waits for me to shoot before he retaliates. Next shot hits the LT/CT and returned fire cores me. I clench my teeth, since I have to disengage, but I just don't WANT to do it. I shove artystrike before hiding behind the cliff (I am cliff racer after all!) and raven gets orange/red armor all around with RT being red, but still unreachable from the front.
I still decide to have a go one last time. I am about to die anyway even to occasional laser swipe, why not? I shoot one more, hit CT/RA and die because SNV finally got LOS and 4 ERLL sliced me like it's a game of fruit ninja. My locust collapses, desperately trying to smell his own testicles. Raven deals another 300 damage in the match before it's dual-gaussed.
What If I'd go for legs?
https://imgur.com/a/PngUW
Orange is the area where Left Leg shield Right Leg. Yellow is where Right Leg shield Left Leg. Green is where I can isolate the leg with flying colours.
Your typical pug raven Runs 22-28 armor on the leg with 16+4+4 structure. It's LFE, it stripped some armor from head and legs to squeeze everything in. So I work against 46 HP legs
I get my first shot in the left Leg and second shot with 6 missiles hitting the target as well. Raven panics but acts like he should, turning legs in the way RL shield LL, calling for help, putting UAV up. Trouble is, now he can't engage me on solid angle without risking to lose his leg and even then, 1-4 missiles may fly past his RL to hit LL. I take my round, put UAV up, call out raven as target before engaging him again. Shot hits both legs, LL is in deep red, I get my alpha in ST, but it holds in deep orange (mind you, this deep orange is like 3 HP). I call out arty strike (In the way he can't see it since the flare is behind him) and it cripples the birdie. In about 18 seconds our gauss Mad Cat (Sitting in the back and being useless piece of sh*t in general since it can't aim) notices UAV, notices legged raven and puts him out of his misery.

#7 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

I normally dont leg, and i dont take kindly to being legged, but the only way to win in scouting and in light 1v1s is to leg

#8 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

No offense OP but a legged enemy light is a good light, because it because it can not snipe my back. Good enemy lights=dead enemy lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users