Reasons To Play Faction Warfare

11 replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

Absolutely aesthetic matching camo for your decks.

Posted Image

Post those decks boys.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

Have they made it so you didn't need to buy patterns 300 times so you could test them on all your mechs? That's the chief reason I never bought much into the camos and painting part and just did a few mechs here and there when it was on sale.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

View Postsycocys, on 08 January 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Have they made it so you didn't need to buy patterns 300 times so you could test them on all your mechs? That's the chief reason I never bought much into the camos and painting part and just did a few mechs here and there when it was on sale.

You can always look at the pattern without buying it first, its rather cheap to just do a oneshot pattern on whatever mech you want.

#4 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, you don't even need to buy the pattern to test what it looks like. Same with decals. You can fully pretty your mech up without spending a single MC, you just won't get to save it (and therefore use it) unless you pony up the $.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

So basically they still want to sell you the patterns per mech and one shot then. I'm totally behind selling the visual customization, but that never sat well with me - then combined with the fact they stopped producing new patterns didn't help much either.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

il skin a mech i like, or if it really needs it, or if i get it on sale. for fp i tend to drop hero decks for teh cbills so camo is not required.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

The hard part wasn't getting the Tartan on anything it looked decent on... the hard part was getting all the matching Bagpipe War Horns. I'm a fool for war horns. Posted Image

Spoiler

View Postsycocys, on 08 January 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

So basically they still want to sell you the patterns per mech and one shot then. I'm totally behind selling the visual customization, but that never sat well with me - then combined with the fact they stopped producing new patterns didn't help much either.

They're still doing work on those patterns, though. Every time they make a new mech, they have to make a new skin of EVERY pattern to put on it. Patterns are a lot of work, and they're more work with every new mech they release.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,930 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

I rarely ever play CW anymore. But I swear I still get a lot of fun out of doing what the OP is on about here, than I have actually playing the mode in the past two years. Hell, even though I rarely play invasion anymore I even bought an extra deck (what else am I going to blow all the MC they give us on?) to play my own particular brand of “mech deck themes”. Alas, my “meta” at this particular game is not building for common camo pattern or look, but rather building for maximum cbill potential (all Hero brawler deck of BH2, Illya, 2 IV-4s as one example) or for common weapons (e.g. all ERLL deck: Battlemaster, 2 QD 5Ks and a Dragon; etc), or for common mobility (e.g. Jester, 2 Grasshoppers and a Quickdraw 5K), etc. So far my only common camo theme is a hold over from my FRR loyalist days and running most mechs with the FRR camo. With all the MC of late, perhaps I will give the OP’s idea a shot and build color common themes as well for these drop decks that I play three of four times a year. Such immersive play! CW rocks!

#9 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

One of the benefits to being in a unit with a camo scheme:
Posted Image

#10 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

None...

#11 KevinZhang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

How did you get the look of that first drop deck?! That is super awesome looking!!

#12 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostKevinZhang, on 08 January 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

How did you get the look of that first drop deck?! That is super awesome looking!!

First Hellbringer uses the loyalty camo, second uses Phranken, next up is Hotrod, then lastly Buccaneer. There's a lot of decal work put into them to get the right looks.

Full pictures:
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users