The Community Is Mwo And1 Question Regarding Armor

New Player Feedback Help Me

11 replies to this topic

#1 xXxThUnd3rD1kZxXx

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hi, I just wanted to make 2 points since its my first forum post.
Firstly, the community is very good in my honest opinion. So far no one is nasty/trollish besides the LMS memery (which is fine/funny) and everyone in chat seems very helpful. Im honestly shocked lol. My first match I had no clue what to do and i kinda screwed up, but everyone was very nice and patient.

Secondly I have a question regarding armor.
If im running a rifleman 3c with four AC-2s and 1 AMS, what type of armor should I put it? Should I run standard for now and switch to ferro fibrous (or ligght FF) once I put enough skill points in reinforced casing (less crit chance), or should I switch Immediately?

Also should I go ferro fibrous or the light version of it?

Thank you!

#2 xXxThUnd3rD1kZxXx

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

another question. I skipped training since I know the controls, should I still do it for bonuses/forum posts? Or is it too late since I skipped it

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Never too late, plus you get paid in Cbills. Just click on the Academy button.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Sorry I didn't get to explain during the match I saw you ask from; I got a call asking me to move my car. (Sigh. All the parking spots in front of my building were taken except the ones they sell, the open spots between buildings were taken, and the ones in front of the next building were taken. So I took one of the ones they 'sell'. They told me to go across the street to park but last time I had done that for about two weeks before I was told I couldn't do that anymore. Then I had to put the toddler to bed.)

So here we go. The difference in game:
Click the Spoiler.
Spoiler

Some game tips: Endo-Steel structure is the structure equivalent of Ferro armor. Except it is superior in weight savings. 14 slots for IS, 7 for Clan. Use ferro as a last resort.

The difference in lore. Click the spoiler.
Spoiler

None of the lore applies to MWO. Just provided to give you a "why" it is the way it is.

Edited by Koniving, 06 January 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

just to elaberate on what Koniving said,

Stealth Armor has to be activated, and when active your Mech cannot be detected by sensors but you do not sink any heat.
as Koniving said it has 2 fixed slots in each arm leg and side torso, and weighs the same as standard armor

Endo Steel makes the Mech 5% lighter compaired to standard structure (to me Kon's explanation sugested it was 5% lighter than standard structure so I thaught clarifying was a good idea), it weighs half what standard structure does

#6 xXxThUnd3rD1kZxXx

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

thank you guys!

#7 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 January 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Never too late, plus you get paid in Cbills. Just click on the Academy button.

yep this^ there is also a combat zone in the Academy, just walk to the Container Ship and the huge Gas tanks, where you can traine how to get cover from LRMs and test your builds there you can also repair and rearm there at spawn point in academy,

. Also there is a shooting range where you can traine with direcht fire qeapons like AC´s orPPC on different ranges how far to aim in front of a moving target. There are different Training modes and yeah you get Cbills for doing it.
As Koniving said, Endo steel should be the first choice..
So good luck and o7 greets from Munich

Edited by Mighty Spike, 07 January 2018 - 06:45 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 07 January 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

Endo Steel makes the Mech 5% lighter compaired to standard structure (to me Kon's explanation sugested it was 5% lighter than standard structure so I thaught clarifying was a good idea), it weighs half what standard structure does

Good point.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostInfernalPotato, on 06 January 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

If im running a rifleman 3c with four AC-2s and 1 AMS, what type of armor should I put it? Should I run standard for now and switch to ferro fibrous (or ligght FF) once I put enough skill points in reinforced casing (less crit chance), or should I switch Immediately?

Thank you!

So in reading the actual question..

Neither. Run Endo Steel structure instead. This said since you ARE running a 3C Rifleman specifically, under the Skill Tree, a good place to focus some of your nodes is under "Survival." This will enhance the already tanky (due to quirks) nature of the Rifleman 3C to make it even more capable of taking abuse.

The nodes under Survival consist of the following:
Shock Absorbance -- reduces fall damage.
AMS Overload -- enhances the damage of AMS (and Laser AMS) from 3.5 damage per second by the number stated in the skill tree (some skill tree values change between mechs or at least between weights).
Spoiler

Armor Hardening -- gives a percentage better amount of armor per body section. At no extra weight cost.
Structure -- gives a percentage better amount of structure per body section. By default the structure is 1/2 of unquirked, unskilled "max" armor + 12 points on the head. Don't read too much into it, just look at this instead. This doesn't reflect quirks or skill tree. This is done at no extra weight cost.
Reinforced Casing -- reduces the chance of enemy weapons achieving critical hits against your equipment. This in turn reduces their ability to destroy your weapons, ammo and heatsinks as well as reduces their ability to do 15% of that damage as additional bonus damage to your structure. Against certain weapons like machine guns and LBX weaponry, this helps to mitigate the immense amount of extra damage they can accumulate against your structure as they shred your equipment.

Speaking of, if you like AC/2, consider LB-2X. Sure each projectile is doing 1 damage and they spread 2 projectiles per firing (in my rifleman's case without LBX skill nodes I can barely tell), but against equipment they do 2, 4 or 6 damage per projectile instead of 1, 2 or 3 damage. 15% of 6 damage per projectile is an extra 0.9 damage to the structure (almost double damage!) Sure there's some RNG involved, but any advantage is better than none. LB-2X takes 4 slots, however, instead of 1, and as such they are easier to destroy as well. So like any advantage should, it comes with risks.

Good luck out there.
(Edit: bolded titles.)

Edited by Koniving, 07 January 2018 - 07:24 AM.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Also: You're a bit late to this party, but check this page every now and then to redeem some stocking stuffers.
https://mwomercs.com...=201712stocking
You can keep earning them until some point tomorrow.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

The new player helpers are probably sick of seeing it, but here's a 3C video with only a couple of sensor tree unlocks (just the bare minimum to get advanced zoom) with 4 Light Machine Guns and two ER PPCs.

(Note the tip on free look and holding shift to prevent arm tracking is only if you have arms unlocked, otherwise holding shift will unlock the arms instead of lock them, thus enabling arm tracking). On the second time I write "miss", the game's actually showing a hit. Beyond that no other notes beyond what the video itself has.
Wait, one more note: The caution about the Uziel is it was a new mech that I knew nothing about, as such I was weary about confronting a superior-Jagermech + a Uziel at the same time and chose to wait until the Uziel was backing away before confronting the weakened Jagermech directly.

Edited by Koniving, 07 January 2018 - 07:37 AM.

#12 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostInfernalPotato, on 06 January 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hi, I just wanted to make 2 points since its my first forum post.
Firstly, the community is very good in my honest opinion. So far no one is nasty/trollish besides the LMS memery (which is fine/funny) and everyone in chat seems very helpful. Im honestly shocked lol. My first match I had no clue what to do and i kinda screwed up, but everyone was very nice and patient.

Thank you!
Ferro-Fibrous Armor (either version) only reduces the weight of your armor per point (which is traded off by taking up crit space on your mech). It does not affect your durability.
Do keep in mind that if you have slots for full Ferro-Fibrous, you could use them better by using Endo-Steel structure (more substantial tonnage savings for same space).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users