New Portal Bug - Could Not Create Ssl/tls Secure Channel

Portal Patcher Bug

No replies to this topic

#1 The Egg

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

Coming back to MWO after 3-4 years away and now have a ton of patches to get through.

The old patcher portal work fine, using it at the moment patching the game but the newer portal I am having issues with. When I start the newer portal is first says "Process has been aborted could not create ssl/tls secure channel" or something along those lines, so i click ok and carry on to patch the game. The patching process starts fine but then I notice the patching process bar freezes, so i left it all night to see if maybe it just needs to take longer. Next morning its still stuck on 1/60 patching, the same patch I started it on the night before.

I also notice maybe the portal restarted my internet connection because I had my Network and Sharing Center open, as well as my Wireless Network Connection status open and the latter window had closed itself but my connection was still active.

I then tried the exact same process with the old portal and left it all night. The next morning the portal completed multiple patches over night.

On a side not my computer is about 7 years old and i am still using Vista 64bit (i stopped playing games for many years) but when mechwarrior online was first released Vista was supported and my comp specs ran it just fine. Maybe the portal isn't compatible with any windows older than version 7?

Any help appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users