Took Time Off - Came Back. Big Mistake.

185 replies to this topic

#181 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Thats ingame entertainment. If this happens very very gently encourage them cause liek you said at that age they should know better :)

#182 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

View Postkuma8877, on 13 January 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

I have no problem with either recent or current players venting their frustrations, the crowd I don't get are the one's that try to poison the well 2 or 3 years out from the last time they even played.... that's gotta be some kind of mental disorder on display.

Sorry, but that person is just as justified as anyone else. Might have a mental disorder are the ones who fought tooth and nail to get the Skill Web implemented, but have only a handful games on the leaderboards for the past four seasons. None during last season with all the Advent quick play goodies, including Tina’s decals. But, are signing in to like every post defending it. Not calling out you..but check the likes with their leaderboard activity.

Think they are supporting the game? Couldn’t even sign in with their account for a few easy games even to support Tina’s efforts? Even I did that, and you all know how critical of them I have been recently.

Maybe they should rethink who has the best interest of the game at heart.

#183 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 January 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

Still better experience for any newcomers. And no bloody modules. Hated those things, and swapping those things were even more tedious than doing current skill tree.

But once you did the grind to get that module it was yours. No more grinding. Now every mech you get you have to basically grind to get the equivalent number of nodes to replace the module you used to own and could just move to a new mech. Under the module system, I was able to buy a new mech, give it just the modules needed for that build (no wasteful gated nodes to deal with), give it a paint job Posted Image and I was done! Because I already had the modules, even if I needed to get the other 2 mechs, I could move the modules to that mech (you only play one mech at a time anyway) and it was less of a grind over basically grinding for 91 skill maze nodes for every mech, or more if you want to change your mech build.

Plus, once you applied the modules they made a real difference where it counts, on the battlefield, not just on paper. 10% to 12% boost vs Skill Maze 3% to 5%. Now you can still get close to a 10% boost with all the Skill Maze nodes of one type, but now you have a slow glass cannon with no armor, or a fast pee shooter that's not effective on the battlefield.

Looking for modules sometimes did take time, and that seems to have been the main thing people hated about them. But, PGI could have fixed that a long time ago by giving us something like a module location tab to make finding them a lot easier. The game's database is already keeping up with which mech has what. So couldn't PGI give us that info too? Or made it so you could select the module from the list, give you a list of mech that had it, and let you move it in one step. There were many ways to have made finding modules better. PGI just chose not to do them.

Edited by Dollar Bill, 17 January 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#184 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostMystere, on 10 January 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I still maintain that it would be better if we did not have any.

People are still concerned about the NPE, right?

I think you're right about no skill tree at all. The Skill Maze has been the most divisive and damaging think PGI has ever done to MWO. People are ether in the "salty bile I hate it" camp, or the "euphoria & orgasms I love it" camp. Or somewhere close to each end in between with very few in the middle.

Edited by Dollar Bill, 17 January 2018 - 12:56 PM.

#185 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

View PostDollar Bill, on 17 January 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Plus, once you applied the modules they made a real difference where it counts, on the battlefield, not just on paper. 10% to 12% boost vs Skill Maze 3% to 5%. Now you can still get close to a 10% boost with all the Skill Maze nodes of one type, but now you have a slow glass cannon with no armor, or a fast pee shooter that's not effective on the battlefield.

Which is why I prefer current skill tree, as its fewer amount of bonus helps newbies against full skilled mechs.

#186 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Without reading the whole thread (sorry guys) and as a returner myself (think after 2 years absence), I can definitely say that MWO improved quite a bit.
Less grind (still overall way too much grind) and more maps and gamemodes.

I'm having fun, but at the same time, due to the lack of time available to me I can't spend enough time to get the full experience out of this game.
Unlike many of the newer multiplayer games out there, you really will get the most out of MWO if you join a group of people to play regularly with and take your time to learn the game properly with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users