Chainfire ?

46 replies to this topic

#41 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:37 AM

A good pilot uses every tool available and Chainfire is just another tool. Saying it's bad is just denying yourself of situations where it's useful. Same as those who says arm lock is bad until a laser vomit mech alphas through their face with a well placed arm locked laser burn with both arm and torso lasers.

#42 SomeWeirdAssGuy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:21 AM

I use chainfire for heat and damage management. My Archer has 6 ERMedLsrs in chainfire, but I don't wait for the chain to trigger, I tap as many times as my heat allows me and for the damage that I need at that moment. Actual chainfire is very bad and slow.

#43 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

View Postcopacetic66, on 09 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

heya pilots, i tried looking this up in search, but nothing ( i mean nothing) i search for shows up same msg. no results.
i would like to chainfire only 1 weapon group on only 1 mech, how do i put it on left mouse for just 1 group on 1 mech?
thx,smokey66.
all weapon groups including chainfire are mech specific so put the selection over group 1 and press i think the button is backspace by default. I chain fire multiple ERPPCs to keep the heat down.

View PostHorseman, on 17 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

You realize, of course, that chain fire does not double-tap UACs?
actually you can double tap them if you press the button fast enough.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 March 2019 - 04:31 AM.

#44 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

I'm sure someone's already answered this, but use the sideways arrow keys to the weapon group column you want ("1" for the left mouse button) then hit backspace.

A lot of people have probably also said don't chainfire.

At times when I'm dead and spectating, I see lots of pilots fighting with chainfire for no obvious reason. I think noobs think it looks cool, maybe. But you're just exposing yourself to return fire for longer, and you're needlessly spreading out damage when it's more efficient to fire all at once and wait out the cooldown. That also goes for ballistics. When I bought my first dakka mech (earned a KDK-3(c) over the Christmas loot bag event), I set it up with triple LB10-X on chainfire, which felt awesome, like a semiautomatic shotgun. Eventually, I took chainfire off and found my results far improved firing all three shots at once and just learning how to time it.

Now, all that said, if I have more than one laser on a build, I always have a weapon group set to chainfire. When I'm hot, I'll use chainfire my lasers if I can't wait until cooling down and need to keep fighting. Sometimes, too, when you have a big energy attack and someone's almost dead, it might be more efficient and save you some heat to just hit them with one or two shots on chainfire instead of everything at once.

Edited by renzor51, 23 April 2019 - 09:36 PM.

#45 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 March 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

actually you can double tap them if you press the button fast enough.

Good luck doing it on one of those builds:

8x UAC/2 Dire Wolf
6x UAC/5 Dire Wolf
6x UAC/2 King Crab
3x UAC/2 Vindy 1X

#46 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 January 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Actually it does, if you have the same weapon in two weapon groups.

Say you have 6 UAC/5, you pull the trigger once in group one, meaning now group 2 is one trigger pull behind, now you press down both trigger buttons. As group two trigger moves down to the UAC/5 that group one put into cool down, it then double taps.

It works on FireControl also.

#47 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 26 January 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

I've gotta say, since I said this last, I've been running my KDK-3 with all three LB10-X firing together instead of in chainfire (though I still keep the option bound to '3'), and my scores have gone up. I've been aiming more carefully and hitting with 30 damage instead of 3x10 with awesome results.

I can shoot all 4 of them at once or I use Fire Control when I'm close and the Flamers come out.

OK, so are you saying that all Chainfire is bad or for mainly ACs?

I use it on my 4 ER LL Hellbringers. And I do not miss, I slowly hit my target with all four of them if he sits there long enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users