Need A Solution For T.a.r.g.e.t. Not Overriding Outputs

6 replies to this topic

#1 chrysantas

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

I am using the TWCS throttle and the T.16000M joystick and have mapped the throttle's main throttle from the default z axis to the throttle axis. Over the past couple of days I have been playing around with the S-curve values for the x/y axis on the joystick (should not be an issue its just the only config change I have made before the config stopped working). Everything was working great until today. Normally I start the config running before I start up MWO and everything acts like a single controller when I play. however it seems like MWO is not seeing the virtual controller any more and is receiving the events from the individual controllers separately as if the T.A.R.G.E.T software is not running the config. Has anyone else run into a similar problem and if so how did you rectify the issue?

I know that mouse and keyboard are more optimal, I just get more satisfaction using the joystick and throttle.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

Since you haven't given enough info about your computer setup, I'm stuck throwing these Questions at you...

Are you running Windows 10?

Did you try to disable Windows updating your Peripheral Drivers for you?

...and I ask these because it is very possible if the First Question has an Answer of "Yes", then MicroSoft may have screwed up your computer with a Major Windows System Update. At that point, you would have to reinstall your Device Drivers with versions from the Manufacturers themselves. I've heard that they ignore your Windows Update Settings & Preferences during those Major Updates. The end result is that your Controller Profiling Software doesn't work anymore because it can't find your Controllers hooked up with the Manufacturer's Driver Files. :mellow:

~D. V. "Checking for the most likely cause..." Devnull

#3 chrysantas

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Thank you for the reply. yes I am running windows 10. and no I did not disable the update for Peripheral Drivers. As far as I know my computer hasn't updated in the last 24 hrs. I will attempt to reinstall the drivers from Thrustmaster and see if that helps any.

If T.A.R.G.E.T. can't find the controllers wouldn't they not show up in the main target window when it gets started?

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Second Edit: Thank you reinstalling the drivers worked. I didn't think to do that as I hadn't had any software or driver update notifications when I started my desktop up again. Looks like if I see the issue again I may have to just reinstall the drivers....its annoying but at least I have installers in an easy to get to place.

Edited by chrysantas, 11 January 2018 - 09:27 AM.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

View Postchrysantas, on 11 January 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Thank you for the reply. yes I am running windows 10. and no I did not disable the update for Peripheral Drivers. As far as I know my computer hasn't updated in the last 24 hrs. I will attempt to reinstall the drivers from Thrustmaster and see if that helps any.

You're Welcome. Anyway, never trust Windows Update when it comes to Driver Files. People have reported the inability to launch MWO until they reinstalled Manufacturer-provided Driver Files for things like their Graphics Card. Make sure to go to your Windows Update Preferences and be a thorn in MicroSoft's side by telling it that it must not alter your Peripheral Drivers for you. I suspect if you have things like a Logitech Mouse and/or Keyboard, those Driver Files may have been screwed up as well. :o

If T.A.R.G.E.T. can't find the controllers wouldn't they not show up in the main target window when it gets started?

This is not always the case. Some of the Profiling Software that exists for configuring your Peripherals will still allow you to edit things, even if it can't connect to the Actual Peripherals at all. :(

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Again, you're very welcome. I'm just glad I could be of help. :D

Second Edit: Thank you reinstalling the drivers worked. I didn't think to do that as I hadn't had any software or driver update notifications when I started my desktop up again. Looks like if I see the issue again I may have to just reinstall the drivers....its annoying but at least I have installers in an easy to get to place.

Like I said up above, nip that issue in the roots until the next Major Windows System Update (the Roll-Up Versions that are huge) by actively going to your Windows Update Preferences and disabling MicroSoft's ability to mess with your Driver Files for now. It will save you from such a large headache for quite a while to come. MicroSoft's idea of "Good Driver Files" is to shove down your throat what they think you should have, even if it doesn't actually work except for a minor subset of things they think you should use your Peripherals with. I wish somebody could make MicroSoft (and every other corporation out there) understand that Home Computers and Personal Laptops belong to the people that own them, not the corporations. :huh:

~D. V. "really hates when MicroSoft sabotages people horribly" Devnull

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

https://www.laptopma...s-on-windows-10

https://www.howtogee...rdware-drivers/

There are other sites with the same instructions and pics. Disable Windows 10 ability to update the drivers.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 January 2018 - 04:05 PM.

#6 chrysantas

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

Thank you for the links. I had already set a group policy on my computer to block Driver updates as I was getting tired of windows apparently updating them every time I logged in....

#7 CyberDashie

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlo-Rida

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:16 AM

View Postchrysantas, on 11 January 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I am using the TWCS throttle and the T.16000M joystick and have mapped the throttle's main throttle from the default z axis to the throttle axis. Over the past couple of days I have been playing around with the S-curve values for the x/y axis on the joystick (should not be an issue its just the only config change I have made before the config stopped working). Everything was working great until today. Normally I start the config running before I start up MWO and everything acts like a single controller when I play. however it seems like MWO is not seeing the virtual controller any more and is receiving the events from the individual controllers separately as if the T.A.R.G.E.T software is not running the config. Has anyone else run into a similar problem and if so how did you rectify the issue?

I know that mouse and keyboard are more optimal, I just get more satisfaction using the joystick and throttle.

Would you be able to send me the T.A.R.G.E.T file? I just got the TWCS throttle you have and I am a little intimidated by the software. I am not sure what I am doing yet. My biggest issue is when I move the throttle forward to bind it in game, it does not register, but the knob on the side is the default throttle...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users