- - - - -

If You Are Averaging Above 300 Match Score After At Least 50 Games - What Is Your Build?

18 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

Please answer this question only if you:

1. Tier 1
2. average "300" or above match score (as evident in the leader boards)
3. Played at least 50 games for the current (or a recent) season when you averaged at/above 300 match score
4. Got this average match score only in one specific mech
5. Play PUG games exclusively (no teaming up with at least one other person either through MWO, or through teamspeak or otherwise).

If you meet the above criteria, what is your mech and your build?

Please be as specific as possible (armor type, number of heat sinks, skill tree layout, engine size, weapons used, amount of ammo equipped etc.). Either a detailed written description is good or a smurfy's link would be good as well.

I am looking at getting into a good performing mech with a good build regardless of weight class. An average of 300 match score after at least 50 games in one single mech in exclusive PUG games seems to be a good indicator of a good build to help narrow things down.

Thank you

Edited by Blue Pheonix, 12 January 2018 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

Whelp I don't really play quickplay, but if'n you're interested in CW mechs, lemme know.

~Leone

#3 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

Clan laser vom.

I can play pretty much anything that isn't a full potato rig and get a 300+ matchscore, but if you want to give yourself the best chance possible to put up numbers and be deadly, get a clan laser mech you like and work on holding your burns.

Edited by Roughneck45, 11 January 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostBlue Pheonix, on 11 January 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Please answer this question only if you average "300" or above match score (as evident in the leader boards) after at least 50 games for the current season and only in one specific mech. Also, only if you play PUG games exclusively (no teaming up with at least one other person either through MWO, or through teamspeak or otherwise).

If you meet the above criteria, what is your mech and your build?
You will get very few - if any - real answers. By your own criteria you've limited yourself to newbies who have very few owned mechs and will not have enough competence at using them to score 500+ damage on a regular basis.
They rarely - if ever - compare their subjective perception of their performance with actual scores per chassis, much less track match scores for individual matches so you're going to also get responses from players unaware of their own confirmation bias posting builds that sometimes (or perhaps just that one time where the stars were right) get there, but do not do so consistently.

Here's what I can give you: a build that according to my tracking of my per-chassis stats from December 2nd to January 2nd ran for 71 matches with average damage per match of 694, KDR 2.33 and WLR 1.50 . It has dropped with a team several times, but majority of the games was solo pugging.

Please be as specific as possible (armor type, number of heat sinks, skill tree layout, engine size, weapons used, amount of ammo equipped etc.). Either a detailed verbal description is good or a smurfy's link would be good as well.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...26aa946ffb8de66
( http://mwo.smurfy-ne...014d22519d4838f is a variation I've switched to since then, trading off some excess ammo - an amount I usually ended up not needing anyway - and armor for a bump in top speed and cooling; currently experimenting with moving one of the LT LRMs to RT and taking more advantage of my left side for shielding. )
https://kitlaan.gitl...7a118#s=Weapons

You're welcome.

Edited by Horseman, 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM.

#5 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostHorseman, on 11 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

You will get very few - if any - real answers. By your own criteria you've limited yourself to newbies who have very few owned mechs and will not have enough competence at using them to score 500+ damage on a regular basis.
They rarely - if ever - compare their subjective perception of their performance with actual scores per chassis, much less track match scores for individual matches so you're going to also get responses from players unaware of their own confirmation bias posting builds that sometimes (or perhaps just that one time where the stars were right) get there, but do not do so consistently.

Here's what I can give you: a build that according to my tracking of my per-chassis stats from December 2nd to January 2nd ran for 71 matches with average damage per match of 694, KDR 2.33 and WLR 1.50 . It has dropped with a team several times, but majority of the games was solo pugging.

( http://mwo.smurfy-ne...014d22519d4838f is a variation I've switched to since then, trading off some excess ammo - an amount I usually ended up not needing anyway - and armor for a bump in top speed and cooling; currently experimenting with moving one of the LT LRMs to RT and taking more advantage of my left side for shielding. )

You're welcome.

Thats a pretty sweet LRM boat build there. Thanks for the suggestion. Everyone else, please keep the suggestions coming.

#6 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

4. Got this average match score only in one specific mech

Is there anyone who plays a single mech in a whole month?

Edited by Brizna, 11 January 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#7 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

To do well and hit your criteria is less about the build but more about what you make out of it and what your preferences are.

The best mech/build is often the one you feel most comfortable with. Posted Image

For me it's currently a Hellbringer with 6 medium pulses and 25 DHS. Skills obviously aimed towards heat management and sensors. Very straighforward and good enough for a consistent 400+ matchscore. It's the only heavy i played this season so far and i only do QP so heavy leaderbord stats should be an accurate display.

But it's possible that it only works for me since most players seem to prefer classic laser vomit with 2 heavy larges on this chassis so those may be a better choice overall. I simply don't like the desynced and longer cooldowns as well as the higher heat so i probably hamper myself here with my "lower-alpha, but more sustain" build choice. Personally i tend to only run laser-vomit on a chassis able to sport enough DHS like the MAD-IIC.

But basically you can hit a consistent 300+ matchscore with almost anything sensible that packs some punch, even mechs/builds most would put into the underperforming category. Doing well is more about making the right decisions during the matches, otherwise the best builds will perform bad.

So i would not just copy what others tell you is good but rather experiment as much as possible yourself. That's the only way to find what works best for you. Meta is only really relevant for comp play but not necessarily for reaching a decent position in the leaderbords.

Edited by Daggett, 12 January 2018 - 12:10 PM.

#8 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

I do not meet your criteria since I play group as well as solo, and pilot more than one mech, but if you're looking for reliable mechs on the light end of the spectrum I suggest the Wolfhound-2 and the Urbanmech-K9. I play them a lot and consistently achieve high scores with them.

#9 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

View Postepikt, on 11 January 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

I do not meet your criteria since I play group as well as solo, and pilot more than one mech, but if you're looking for reliable mechs on the light end of the spectrum I suggest the Wolfhound-2 and the Urbanmech-K9. I play them a lot and consistently achieve high scores with them.

Thank you for you input and suggestion epikt. I purchased and built "horseman's" LRM boat suggestion. I will purchase and build your suggestion as well.

Everyone else, please keep the suggestions coming but to keep me from buying every single mech please only post if meet if you meet the criteria above.

#10 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostHorseman, on 11 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

You're welcome.

Ah, the Lurmsome... One of the few Assault LRM boats that people aren't actively complaining about. (despite its objective inferiority in every way to my LRM MCIIs http://mwo.smurfy-ne...217e038667d586f http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aaabf0fc9a036c0)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 12 January 2018 - 09:52 PM.

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

You ask me what mech, I'll give you the build.

My avg match score is like 450-500 so I'll be able to create anything you can produce those numbers in easily

#12 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:00 AM

lmao.

I can tell this post will be taken the wrong way (because those criteria don't matter so far as getting good answers are concerned), but anyhow:

Your build matters, yes. But not nearly so much that it changes your score in terms of the title you used for this thread.

Your skill, judgment, decision making, initiative... these things all matter so much more than whatever build you are using.

Because it isn't a matter of 'push button get score'. Being build-sheep will only take you so far... and indeed, probably to wherever it is you are now. Do some serious self reflection and analysis in how you are playing if you want to improve.

Meta builds do not make players great. Great players make builds meta. Focus on what makes those players great, not what they are riding. Focusing on their ride is *** backwards.

The most meta build ever wont help in the least bit if you charge by yourself, if you hang back and get picked off by lights, if you wander around by yourself, etc.

#13 Stormur Vakten

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

The only part of your criteria I don't meet is the tier 1 as i tend to bounce around playing some wacky builds, but anyways. I made this build when the MK2's released for C-Bills and at the time of typing this have played 147 matches averaging 450+ match score, 4-6 kills ( not the fastest thing on the field ) , 1200+ damage.

The build is http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a309129dc913c2a

The Skill tree is https://kitlaan.gitl...92614#s=Weapons

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Posted Image

#14 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostStormur Vakten, on 13 January 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

IMO THIS is a more effective skill tree as velocity is a waste as is range given the SRMs spread nerfs etc it's largely pointless @ 297m to be firing. You are essentially firing at 200M or less and hence velocity is pointless.

I'd also alter the build to THIS as you want 1T per SRM launcher and btr armour allocation.

View PostStormur Vakten, on 13 January 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

I made this build when the MK2's released for C-Bills and at the time of typing this have played 147 matches averaging 450+ match score, 4-6 kills ( not the fastest thing on the field ) , 1200+ damage.

I really don't want to nit-pick here but your leaderboard stats suggest that what you are claiming is not really accurate.

You have played 41 games in Assaults the last two seasons (18/19) with a Avg Match score of 300 with a KDR of 1.83. No games in S14-S17, when the MCII came out. That's not 1200dmg/450 match score. Plus the MCII only came out for cbills 2 days ago, 147 matches would be, a, lot.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 13 January 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#15 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

For those who provided builds and have meet the criteria thank you.

I had a feeling that despite me asking for people to just post builds in this thread there would still be posts about "its not the mech is the pilot".

I played this game for a few years and have over 10,000 games under my belt. I can pilot any weight class effectively. I know pilot skill is important and maybe the most important thing. I dont need anyone repeating it. But anyone who says the mech is not important and all mechs are equally effective is either naive or being blatantly dishonest. I have fun builds and then I have effective builds that help win. Yes, there is a difference. I play a combination of both.

Without making this thread into a "but but but its the pilot, not the mech, I ask again:

Please, only post builds and comment if you meet the above criteria.

For those who have done this, thanks again for doing this. Ive already bought some of your builds and I am loving them. Especially the urbie right now. Never owned an urbie but geez, for as much as people tool on em this thing is great! I may try those LRM builds today. Thank you for keep this thread short and just with builds if you meet the criteria.

#16 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

I am looking at getting into a good performing mech with a good build regardless of weight class. An average of 300 match score after at least 50 games in one single mech in exclusive PUG games seems to be a good indicator of a good build to help narrow things down.

Thank you

If you play Solo your criteria is a bit un-needed.

back when i could play 10+ drops a night i was decent, i played Meta with a special love for my X5.

Now, im rusty but drop Solo in Annis and other slow Assaults for the lols.

If you want to 'git gud', use a Heavy and use Meta - get your aim, situational awareness, and map skills up t par. Use Comms if inclined.

Mech choice is secondary to skills.

Im Tier 2(as if that means anything) slowly and casually floating up to T1, and i will resent that day.

#17 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Dont know your playstyle but this is what i run if im looking for a high match score
Assault: MADIIC A w/ 4mpl, 2 uac10, 77kph, MADIIC w/ 2 HLL, 6 ERML, 67 kph
Heavy: EBJ A w/ 5mpl, 1 LB20x AC, 87kph, HBR F w/ 2 HLL, 6 ERML, 87kph
Medium: ASN 21 2 srm4, 2 srm6, 121kph, HBK IIC A 4 ERLL full JJ, 89kph
Light: KFX PR 1 HLL, 4 ERML, 104 kph, WLF 2, 6 mpl, 132kph

Those are the mechs i run when i want a 300+ matchscore

#18 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostBrizna, on 11 January 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Is there anyone who plays a single mech in a whole month?

Yea, I can't reply to this topic because of this.

#19 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Here let me help you :
https://www.reddit.c...mechs_tierlist/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users