#1 Neklatan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Hello everybody.

It´s been a long time since I played this game often, and I came back during the holidays. So, since that event was just about playing a game on the 27th and earning loads of stuff, it was kind of a no brainer for me.

I actually played a lot of games during the event timer, and certainly earned those easy 50 points on the match score more than once.

When I check the events tab under HOLIDAY BONUS GIVEAWAY, here on the website, it says the objetive was met. Objetive progress 100%, completion 1/1 and so on. However, it says "locked" on the rewards tab.

The objectives are also listed as met in-game, Personal Objetives Completed 1/1, Objetive Progress Bar is full, completion 1/1 and etc.

However, on "rewards" there is a red lock and it reads "Objetive not Complete", and I cannot redeem the items (I'm aware the mechs and mechbays will only be available in the future. I cannot redeem the cbills, mc and premium time that came along and should be acessible right now).

So, have I done or understood anything wrong? Or is this some sort of bug?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

In short: You're late to the party. The event and its redemption window has long ended. Sorry.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostNeklatan, on 11 January 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hello everybody.

It´s been a long time since I played this game often, and I came back during the holidays. So, since that event was just about playing a game on the 27th and earning loads of stuff, it was kind of a no brainer for me.

I actually played a lot of games during the event timer, and certainly earned those easy 50 points on the match score more than once.

When I check the events tab under HOLIDAY BONUS GIVEAWAY, here on the website, it says the objetive was met. Objetive progress 100%, completion 1/1 and so on. However, it says "locked" on the rewards tab.

The objectives are also listed as met in-game, Personal Objetives Completed 1/1, Objetive Progress Bar is full, completion 1/1 and etc.

However, on "rewards" there is a red lock and it reads "Objetive not Complete", and I cannot redeem the items (I'm aware the mechs and mechbays will only be available in the future. I cannot redeem the cbills, mc and premium time that came along and should be acessible right now).

So, have I done or understood anything wrong? Or is this some sort of bug?

Thanks for any help.

Hello, Neklatan... This New Events System only allows Manual Claiming within an Exact Two Week Period of the end of a given Event. It looks like, per the Start/End Times specified at https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/12/1971-holiday-bonus-loadout-info, that you may have exceeded this limit by several hours, depending on when you stopped back in to try to pick it up. That would probably cause the item to Re-Lock and become Unclaimable. I don't even know if MWO's Support Team would be willing -- or even able -- to help with this. So you basically put in the effort, then didn't keep an eye on the clock, and the system caught you in the... well, you know. :(

Well, make sure to unpack your Bonus Redeems on the 2017-2018 Holiday Stocking Stuffer... At least you can still get those, if nothing else. Also, double-check your Profile Page(s), particularly the section marked "Content"... One can only hope that remained stating that you're "Eligible". :o

~Mr. D. V. "Giving the Long Version of the Details... Good luck if you try to Contact Support..." Devnull

#4 Neklatan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

I wasn't aware about the time limit to redeem. It was a couple hours before posting here that I found out the problem, so guess I had until yesterday and lost the train. It doesn't make much sense to keep track of the completion and list the rewards only not to let one redeem, but I guess they had their reasons. Well, that kinda blows it.

I already redeemed the Holiday Stocking Stuffer, but thanks for the warning anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

I just redeemed mine the other day and it said i had 3 more days.. If you missed the window, contact support, maybe they can help.

#6 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

Ask support about it anyways, its worth a shot.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

View PostNeklatan, on 11 January 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

I wasn't aware about the time limit to redeem. It was a couple hours before posting here that I found out the problem, so guess I had until yesterday and lost the train. It doesn't make much sense to keep track of the completion and list the rewards only not to let one redeem, but I guess they had their reasons. Well, that kinda blows it.

I already redeemed the Holiday Stocking Stuffer, but thanks for the warning anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Drop a line to support. They may be able to help you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users