Jump to content

- - - - -

Macros Not Allowed?


9 replies to this topic

#1 Elrodvoss

    Member

  • Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

I have a Logitech mouse and keyboard. I use the G-Keys for my "save last 10 mins recordings".

I was going to use a toggle key to fire off a tag, but while I can get the key to work in chat, it will not work in game play. I assume that this is designed to stop bot programs.

Then my next question is, if this is true, will it stop all macro programs?

Reason for this, is I want to purchase some foot peddles, mostly for switches/triggers. Like for push to talk or maybe for the above tag. But from what I have learned, these also go through a type of macro program to re-key the peddles.

Would not want to spend 20-50 on a setup to not have it work.

Any experience?

-Elrodvoss

#2 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5,253 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

https://mwomercs.com/conduct


USING MACRO SOFTWARE
Keybind macro software and hardware mechanisms are permitted for use as long as such mechanisms still require manual input to initiate and do not fully automate gameplay.

#3 Elrodvoss

    Member

  • Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Well its not illegal, but does anyone know why the Logitech keyboard G-key binding will not work in game?

And when I say in game, I mean in a actual match. I can bind my G1 key to the weapons group 6, and it will work in lobby chat, but when we drop, it will not activate my weapon group 6. Though when I hit "6" on the keyboard, it will fire.

#4 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5,253 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Lobby chat doesn't need the enter key pressed to submit lines of text?

Only think I can think is you are missing something, somewhere. I know people that can use macro for chat.

#5 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 21,318 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

View PostElrodvoss, on 12 January 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

Well its not illegal, but does anyone know why the Logitech keyboard G-key binding will not work in game?

And when I say in game, I mean in a actual match. I can bind my G1 key to the weapons group 6, and it will work in lobby chat, but when we drop, it will not activate my weapon group 6. Though when I hit "6" on the keyboard, it will fire.

Is the macro program running as administrator? If not, then it can't hear your input from within MWO, as MWO must run in administer mode so as to take controls away from non-administrator apps.

For example, Autohotkey can't hear commands from within MWO, unless it is running in administrator mode.

#6 Elrodvoss

    Member

  • Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Is the macro program running as administrator? If not, then it can't hear your input from within MWO, as MWO must run in administer mode so as to take controls away from non-administrator apps.

For example, Autohotkey can't hear commands from within MWO, unless it is running in administrator mode.



Well im not sure which did the trick, but its now working.

I know with some macros, you cant just use a keystroke command. IE just hit 6.
You have to record a multi-key. IE Press 6 down; delay 35ms; release 6 up.

I set this up and it does now work, but I also had the program run a admin as well.

Thank you all for your input.

#7 mailin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 2,030 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Totally on a side note, generally you don't want to toggle your TAG. Experienced players love seeing those and use as a beacon to find the LRMers.

Edited by mailin, 13 January 2018 - 10:46 AM.


#8 Koniving

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 21,318 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

TAG shows to everyone and the visible beam goes out to around 1,600 meters. Night vision and Thermal vision put even more emphasis on it. So there's this big ray of light that tells them exactly where you are when they follow it.

So yeah. I generally just press when wanted and unpress when not.

#9 Daggett

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,008 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

You may need to change your keybindings in MWO, try the numpad keys for example. Some macro software seem to only work with MWO with either numpad key or the regular ones, but not both.

Edited by Daggett, 13 January 2018 - 11:48 AM.


#10 Elrodvoss

    Member

  • Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

TAG shows to everyone and the visible beam goes out to around 1,600 meters. Night vision and Thermal vision put even more emphasis on it. So there's this big ray of light that tells them exactly where you are when they follow it.

So yeah. I generally just press when wanted and unpress when not.


Generally I would agree with you. Love people that test fire weapons in mid-air in beginning of matches.
But since the tag only has like a 700-ish meter range and I use ATMs, they can see me anyways when I kick on the toggle, so im not breaking any "stealth" when I hit it on. Not running it on 24/7 in the match, only when I get within usable range.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users