Jump to content

Flamer, Flamer And Flamer


7 replies to this topic

Poll: Flamer, Flamer And Flamer (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have new flamers?

  1. We don't even need the current one (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Yes, Flamer, please (1 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

  4. Yes, Flamethrower, please (2 votes [33.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

  5. Both (3 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:46 AM

Yes. The grim one. The joke one. The unloved one. It had several iterations, all of them were very niche. However, why won't we just split the flamer into 3 different ones?

I — Blowtorch
Current version. Non-existent damage, good heat transfer, ventilation mechanic.

II — Flamer
Old version. Damage comparable to Machinegun (Should be a bit more to justify usage over SPL), massive damage to internals, extremely good at blocking view.

III — Flamethrower
Version closer to TT and... nothing like TT. Shot produces Napalm-like stream which does mild damage and transfer mild amount of heat. However, there is utility thrown into the mix in form of afterburn damage which is negligible, but forces paper doll to continiously blink and damage direction indicator go nuts, thus disabling victim's ability both to see damage allocation and direction of the attackers unless he will see the laser/muzzle flash/Gauss confetti.

Edited by Strength Damage Cliff Racer, 14 January 2018 - 07:34 PM.


#2 Thomster

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Counterproposal:

Introduce Inferno Missiles Launcher:
  • range them like srm / srms
  • IML2/4/6
  • launcher is heavier than 2/4/6 SRM equivalent
  • unguided like SRM
  • spread damage
  • stick like NARC for a certain amount of time
  • apply per missile a certain amount of heat to the Mech and a certain (minimal) dmg to the component
  • standing in water will mildly reduce the amount of heat applied to the Mech
  • launcher heat is significant
  • ammunition is less per ton compared to SRM but more than NARC
  • destruction of an IML destroys component the weapon is installed in and adds a huge ammount of heat to the Mech
  • destruction of IML ammo destroys component the weapon is installed in and adds a huge ammount of heat to the Mech


#3 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

View PostThomster, on 14 January 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

Counterproposal:

Introduce Inferno Missiles Launcher:
  • range them like srm / srms
  • IML2/4/6
  • launcher is heavier than 2/4/6 SRM equivalent
  • unguided like SRM
  • spread damage
  • stick like NARC for a certain amount of time
  • apply per missile a certain amount of heat to the Mech and a certain (minimal) dmg to the component
  • standing in water will mildly reduce the amount of heat applied to the Mech
  • launcher heat is significant
  • ammunition is less per ton compared to SRM but more than NARC
  • destruction of an IML destroys component the weapon is installed in and adds a huge ammount of heat to the Mech
  • destruction of IML ammo destroys component the weapon is installed in and adds a huge ammount of heat to the Mech


Overall, sounds good. However, I fail to see why it should use special set of rules for destruction and why we need high heat for them

#4 The Basilisk

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostStrength Damage Cliff Racer, on 14 January 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

Yes. The grim one. The joke one. The unloved one. It had several iterations, all of them were very niche. However, why won't we just split the flamer into 3 different ones?

I — Blowtorch
Current version. Non-existent damage, good heat transfer, ventilation mechanic.

II — Flamer
Old version. Damage comparable to Machinegun (Should be a bit more to justify usage over SPL), massive damage to internals, extremely good at blocking view.

III — Flamethrower
Version closer to TT and... nothing like TT. Shot produces Napalm-like stream which does mild damage and transfer mild amount of heat. However, there is utility thrown into the mix in form of afterburn damage which is negligible, but forces paper doll to continiously blink and damage direction indicator go nuts, thus disabling victim's ability both to see damage allocation and direction of the attackers unless he will see the laser/muzzle flash/Gauss confetti.


You realize that your vote does not function since you can vote "We don't even need the current one" but you now have to vote for one of the funktions we do not want to send the vote ?

#5 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 14 January 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:


You realize that your vote does not function since you can vote "We don't even need the current one" but you now have to vote for one of the funktions we do not want to send the vote ?

Woops! Fixed that.

#6 BTGbullseye

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 592 posts
  • Location"ATMs are worthless with their current missile health and minimum range"

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Now voting for anything doesn't appear to work.

#7 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 14 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Now voting for anything doesn't appear to work.

Apparently, deleting one of the question leaves behind a ghost of said question. Removing poll completely, then readding did the trick it seems

#8 BTGbullseye

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 592 posts
  • Location"ATMs are worthless with their current missile health and minimum range"

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

Good. Voted. (flamethrower)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users