#41 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not every event should be instantly achievable by every player.

I said this where?

I pointed out it seems unclear which specific MGs actually qualify, since people upthread clearly indicate HMGs do not seem to atm and that the announcement is a bit late.

#42 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not every event should be instantly achievable by every player.

And why is that?

Why shouldn't every player have the equal potential to complete an event?

#43 Cori Gamble

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Has anyone mentioned how Piranha's MGs are dorky little sticks that don't match the concept art yet? I can't wait for that thread.

#44 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

For those that opt to only choose a single side, that is your choice and extremely arrogant to throw a hissy fit about the event catering to both sides. You do not have to do the event, and if your choice of sticking so religiously to a fictional side prevents you from obtaining both rewards that's on you, not PGI. Their event allows for both sides to obtain a side specific reward, and for those willing to do a bit more they can do both.
I look forward to the machine gun madness, and hope the other ones get their days as well. Now just to get through this day at work and its run and gun time.

#45 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 January 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

For those that opt to only choose a single side, that is your choice and extremely arrogant to throw a hissy fit about the event catering to both sides. You do not have to do the event, and if your choice of sticking so religiously to a fictional side prevents you from obtaining both rewards that's on you, not PGI. Their event allows for both sides to obtain a side specific reward, and for those willing to do a bit more they can do both.
I look forward to the machine gun madness, and hope the other ones get their days as well. Now just to get through this day at work and its run and gun time.

There are no "side specific" rewards.

I see these brown-nosed arguments all the time on these forums, but they can only ever justify why something is the way way it is, and not why it should be. There is absolutely no reason that you will be able to provide for excluding faction loyalists and new players (who might not be able to buy an applicable mech in time) from being able to complete the event, when the fix is as simple as requiring 1,000 machine gun damage of any type as opposed to 500 per faction.

#46 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

It makes me wonder how many people know that you can make an alt account that doesn't cost anything but time for c-bill re-gathering

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 15 January 2018 - 10:03 PM.

#47 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 January 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

This is a poorly written up event...it is unclear, but most seem to be interpreting that you have to do 500 damage on both IS and Clan side to get the reward, not just one or the other. I do play both sides myself, but I have a separate account for my IS mechs and another for my Clan mechs, so neither account would get the reward if you have to do damage with both IS and Clan MG's on one account.

ETA: Yep, you have to do 500 damage with each faction...just played one match with 150 damage, which gave me 15% overall progress on the event, so this reward is only obtainable for those with mixed tech accounts, and none of the trial mechs have MG's, either. Not complaining, just stating the facts for the record.

Edited by Bonfor, 15 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#48 Katpocalypse Meow

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

You do have to get 500dmg on BOTH sides to get the reward. Which means since I don't own any clan mechs and none of the trials have MGs I can't get the prize...

#49 Mountain Mechwarrior

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

On another note, Are people enjoying the gameplay with this mini MG apocalypse?

I feel it is not very enjoyable. Games have the feel of a WWII first person shooter with submachine guns everywhere and the mechs are simply skins. This style is not the "Thinking man's FPS"

On the positive side people are playing more aggressive.

Thanks

Edited by Mountain Mechwarrior, 15 January 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#50 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for the event. I haven't played since January 4 as I got a bit burnt out over the holidays with the loot bag grinding. This event brought me back tonight. Well played PGI.

#51 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 15 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Urbies, Cheeters and Critlynx FTW.

Ember, Cicada 3C, Arrow,

#52 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, IS Account only (apart from one night gyr i won). I can live with the fact that i can't participate, but for future events it would be nice to have an trial-mech option, if clan/is both are needed. :)

#53 Cosmoses

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

I forgot how fun an ember was. Thanks pgi.

#54 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 15 January 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

There are no "side specific" rewards.

I see these brown-nosed arguments all the time on these forums, but they can only ever justify why something is the way way it is, and not why it should be. There is absolutely no reason that you will be able to provide for excluding faction loyalists and new players (who might not be able to buy an applicable mech in time) from being able to complete the event, when the fix is as simple as requiring 1,000 machine gun damage of any type as opposed to 500 per faction.

So sure, have a "do 1000 damage" event and then complain about all the events always being the same. They really can't win with such willfully obdurate players.

I do agree with the general notion that for a weapon specific event a trail mech should be available to achieve it in, but for the "purist" non-new players you can only blame yourself for not being able to achieve both due to sticking to one side only.
You can't demand IS rewards when you play only clam and vice versa. Were this a FW event I would have advocated that loyalist gain additional rewards as they are not able to switch easily, it is not so that argument is moot.

This is not much different from having the faction only, or loyalist events we had a few weeks back? This is rewarding loyalty by being able to achieve a reward, and for the merchs such as myself, we need to play a bit longer to get the reward from both sides.

& re: "brown-nosed arguments all the time on these forums", special snowflakes such as yourself must clearly not be familiar with the concept of: NO, you can't have it.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM.

#55 Tuzson

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

OMG, what if I have an "Energy Only" account!? I guess I can not get the reward... thanks for nothing PGI -sarcasm-

#56 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

View PostTuzson, on 15 January 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

OMG, what if I have an "Energy Only" account!? I guess I can not get the reward... thanks for nothing PGI -sarcasm-

There are plenty of pilots with LRM Only accounts, don't even have to second-guess that one...:P

#57 Rotteck Koempel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 282 posts
  • LocationRamboTier

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

It's time to remove the dust from my Streak-Crow to get rid of all the NON-Mechs with MGs

#58 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 January 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

So sure, have a "do 1000 damage" event and then complain about all the events always being the same. They really can't win with such willfully obdurate players.

A non-issue. Nothing but a strawman that you're trying to use to discredit my position. I've read plenty of event threads, and I've never seen anyone complain about something like that.

I do agree with the general notion that for a weapon specific event a trail mech should be available to achieve it in, but for the "purist" non-new players you can only blame yourself for not being able to achieve both due to sticking to one side only.

Basically victim-blaming. "Well you chose to wear that bikini to the beach, so you have no one to blame but yourself for what happened!" Right? Try making your argument in a different context, and see how long you last.

Furthermore, "picking a side" is arguably as valid a gameplay decision in this game as any other. In fact, it's a way to play the game that's much more in tune with the game's primary, focal element of FW. on top of that, you flat-out chose to go around the new player argument by cherry-picking what to argue against.

& re: "brown-nosed arguments all the time on these forums", special snowflakes such as yourself must clearly not be familiar with the concept of: NO, you can't have it.

And this has nothing to do with the merit of the event design. There is absolutely no logical, rational reason to make this event less inclusionary, especially in such an arbitrary manner. The only reason people like you are making your argument is to try to score brownie points with the management by unquestioningly accepting all decisions (that is, until they affect you, and then you'll grab a pitchfork). The worst part about this is that this sort of echo chamber environment keeps them making the same bad decisions over and over again.

#59 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

And so people complain PGI havent given them the mech they they dont have and dont want. Well, that's new. I expected it to be more like "I can't play my supernova with all this little shits running around".

#60 f2pTrash

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

I'll skip out on this one. I absolutly hate clan mechs and I'm not going to buy one just to complete an event. Good luck to everyone else attanding though Posted Image

Edited by f2pTrash, 16 January 2018 - 02:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users