Silly Pgi

9 replies to this topic

#1 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

hehe 500 dmg with IS and clan MG but only 250 for the insanely easier to use ERML on day 4....

its times like this little free stuff event I'm glad I maintain a diversified mechlab =)

#2 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 16 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

hehe 500 dmg with IS and clan MG but only 250 for the insanely easier to use ERML on day 4....

its times like this little free stuff event I'm glad I maintain a diversified mechlab =)
I HATED the Day 1 event.

Hated it with every fiber of my corrupted soul.

While getting the 500 damage with Clan 'mechs only took me two matches, for IS 'mechs, it was painful and slow (though I know one member of my unit who found the opposite to be true).

Truly, depending on what you end up with from the MM, it can make it no big deal, or one of the more painful gaming experiences you can have.

So, with that in mind, I'm very happy that similar types of events have a lower threshold for completion.

#3 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

heh it should have been more like 250-300 for the MGs and 500 for the ERML instead lol

#4 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Day 1 is the worst. I gave up, others so much easier. Lol the level of difficulty is so different.

Btw for the event on SRMs, it is without Artemis? o.0

Edited by Zh0u, 16 January 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#5 Alkabides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Perhaps pgi in their infinite wisdom knew that had the damage requirement been more on erml day, the forums would be even more a live with the sounding of crying than on mg day. Perhaps knowing this, they did themselves a solid and set a low requirement. Will we ever know the truth?

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostZh0u, on 16 January 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Day 1 is the worst. I gave up, others so much easier. Lol the level of difficulty is so different.

Btw for the event on SRMs, it is without Artemis? o.0

Yup, you aren't allowed to use Artemis. Kinda sad because the current default spread values make non-Arty SRM6's pretty mediocre.

#7 BlueStrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

I play to enjoy playing the game, not to grind silly events like this that wreck what little enjoyable game-play is left in solo-QP. The rewards they offer are simply not enough to get me to put myself through that crap-show.

#8 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 16 January 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

I HATED the Day 1 event.

Hated it with every fiber of my corrupted soul.

While getting the 500 damage with Clan 'mechs only took me two matches, for IS 'mechs, it was painful and slow (though I know one member of my unit who found the opposite to be true).

Truly, depending on what you end up with from the MM, it can make it no big deal, or one of the more painful gaming experiences you can have.

So, with that in mind, I'm very happy that similar types of events have a lower threshold for completion.

MG event IS I was using the loyalty Griffin and it took me 5 matches and the clan one took me 2.

So glad it is over, I'm tired of seeing machine gun DWF-B and KGC-000

These are approximately what I saw, all I know is that the guy with the DWF hadn't used 10,000 of his machine gun ammo and the KGC was going 55 KPH with tons of ammo too.

The amount of derp brought on by this event was incredible.

I saw a machine gun Deathstrike. I'd post a few screen shots but I don't feel like digging for them, editing out the names and hosting them.

Edited by Xetelian, 16 January 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

PGI should just stick to lootbag events

#10 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

We had a game where most of the entire 24 players had machine guns !!!! It was like watching a disturbed ant mound !!

I don't own IS MG mechs and PGI is grasping at straws with events and it really shows how bad off we are as a game.... I'm not even playing the events anymore and I only really play events at all...... Good luck guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users