Can't Play The Game Anymore...do You Miss It ?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

This is for the people who would like to play here again but cant.

In my case, the question if yes or no, this is how it goes:

Well I do, at least a little, the bad feeling at the end with terrible matches. Those 12 v 12...or CW, then FP

Not to mention the few good times I had in the past here.

My hand is not healing, in fact it is getting worse, since I use my finger daily in various activities.

This was fun, maybe I might get an operation or something in the future.

Have a good time, well intentioned people, because this was another great thing about MWO, part of its community.

But the few, the rest, the ******* who claim everyone has to have a thick skin on everything, can look somewhere else.

A long time with this and now to the trash. Well karma finally got away with it.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 23 January 2018 - 02:28 AM.

#2 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

I miss it, but the 100+ ping from SEA, NA to EU servers keep me away. T_T

#3 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

Not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you can't play because you don't have a choice.

Hope you heal up.

#4 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:50 AM

If you still want to enjoy games I'd recommend skyrim (activate cheats/make mods if you have to so as to balance it out against needing more time (perhaps give yourself a faster health scaling or something, if you want I can make one for you)) or for less frantic stuff perhaps a turn based game like xcom 2.

Other than that, the 6 cer large supernova 1 that moltenmetal played is actually usually a very relaxing mech to play. Requires hand stability rather than abrupt motions if you're doing it right. Imo anyways.

Edited by gooddragon2, 23 January 2018 - 03:51 AM.

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Play a Streak or LRM boat - if you can at least use 1 Hand and try out if a Joystick works better for your Hand and map anything urgent to the Buttons.

Get Well!

Edited by Thorqemada, 23 January 2018 - 07:21 AM.

#6 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

I am handicapped and play one handed !!! I have a friend that we made a soft rubber key cap for his prostetics !!! He playes MWO as well and is as good as any other average player. If someone tells you to "get GuD", tell them to take the one handed challenge: take blue painting tape and completely tape your dominant hand closed and play a day like that......if you are right handed, only use your left hand and the right is one unit.......try it guys and then, tell us to "get GuD".......

If PGI would allow fully programmable flight sticks, you could play MWO one handed with no major issues. If we add rudder pedals, the flight stick is not only a lot easier but a lot more fun. I play left handed becuase my right hand is not functional; it can be done !!! Heck, I compete and write articles for handicapped shooting for magazines and compete, one handed in many matches in a great many shooting organizations.

Edited by Asym, 23 January 2018 - 07:33 AM.

#7 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostAsym, on 23 January 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

I am handicapped and play one handed !!! I have a friend that we made a soft rubber key cap for his prostetics !!! He playes MWO as well and is as good as any other average player. If someone tells you to "get GuD", tell them to take the one handed challenge: take blue painting tape and completely tape your dominant hand closed and play a day like that......if you are right handed, only use your left hand and the right is one unit.......try it guys and then, tell us to "get GuD".......

If PGI would allow fully programmable flight sticks, you could play MWO one handed with no major issues. If we add rudder pedals, the flight stick is not only a lot easier but a lot more fun. I play left handed becuase my right hand is not functional; it can be done !!! Heck, I compete and write articles for handicapped shooting for magazines and compete, one handed in many matches in a great many shooting organizations.

You've beaten people... single handedly? :D?

#8 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

Are you familiar with foot lurms?

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

You can always join MaZr and do lurming with them. :P

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

View Postgooddragon2, on 23 January 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

You've beaten people... single handedly? Posted Image?

No, I always play "short handed".....

You should try it ! It's a hoot !!! In golf, when they ask me what my handicap is I answer: "yes."

Edited by Asym, 23 January 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#11 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

View PostAsym, on 23 January 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

No, I always play "short handed".....

You should try it ! It's a hoot !!! In golf, when they ask me what my handicap is I answer: "yes."

Could probably beat them with one arm tied behind your back I'd wager.

#12 Thorqemada

• 6,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostAsym, on 23 January 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you respond to my post - get well means the best wishes to become healthy again...

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,923 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

which hand? if its your mouse hand, maybe replace buttons with stomp switches on the floor. keyboard hand maybe get you a throttle controller (like the ch pro throttle). you might still be able to play with the right gear.

#14 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

I wouldn’t feel too bad— most people still can’t play the game even with two good hands.

Seriously though, that sux. Can you play any games?

Edited by Kubernetes, 23 January 2018 - 03:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users