#81 Alloh

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

View Post0verClock, on 24 January 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

am i hearing IS pilot crying? Posted Image

A whole lotta cries... Most IS pilots are crying over misssing the advantage!

#82 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

View PostConner Ward, on 23 January 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Apparently you have not faced many Bushwhacker/Kintaro scout Lance's on a Clan team have you? Also the Flamer+SRM Grffins and AC/20 +SRM4 Centurions.

He also hasn't heard of Clan active probe, for one ton you too can make ecm worthless

P.S. Not worried, legs all day baby, people just gotta focus legs and it doesn't matter what you're in, actually you can't focus legs in a streak boat.

I'm pretty interested to see how this goes, i reckon i'll beat the people i usually beat and lose to the people i usually lose to, but maybe the bar will swing wildly in the clans favour, maybe i'll never have to wait for a scouting game ever as clanners line up to use their stormcrows again.....

#83 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

They nerf us into oblivion, you cry, they nerf our weapons to obscurity, you cry, when we win with all the debuffs and nerfs and outright “plain” mechs, you cry, so when we win nerfed Into oblivion, it’s a matter entirely different then “balance”
just saying that crying wolf when it’s about skill at this point more than stats and numbers, crying is pointless :)

Also loved the you have no mom comment *facepalm* look Terrance, casual clanners, -insert memelordery here-

Also
DO YOU WANNA BUY A MECHPACK

Edited by ShadowHimself, 24 January 2018 - 12:16 PM.

#84 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#85 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 January 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

as a clanner you don't have a mom. Stupid merc!

You do have a female "gene parent" though, and in your early years you had a Sibko "nanny" that was possibly robotic.

#86 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Pfff big whoop 5 extra tons . As the meme pointed out , your mechs are just legs for streaks in scout land
i am not going to buy a stormcrow for my clan account .

I have had very few games engaging stormcrows . My scouting win/loss ratio is about the same for my IS account . Maybe I will get butt whupped vs 4 crows but so far that's not happened .

Edited by Pain G0D, 24 January 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#87 Eleshod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 187 posts
  • LocationVegas baby!

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Whoo! Can't wait for the Crow ATM teams using that 178 Torso yaw to basically run full speed away from the IS boys while whipping ATM's down range...

#88 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostEleshod, on 24 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Whoo! Can't wait for the Crow ATM teams using that 178 Torso yaw to basically run full speed away from the IS boys while whipping ATM's down range...

You're funny. StormCrows can't have a Torso Yaw with THAT big a value! LOL!!! :lol:

~Mr. D. V. "Totally laughing my rump off..." Devnull

#89 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Maybe they should up it to 100 tons, so the Steiners can use their scout mech.....

#90 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

View PostIxidor Dinne, on 24 January 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Maybe they should up it to 100 tons, so the Steiners can use their scout mech.....

It would be fun to watch Atlases and Dire Wolves racing to get to the dropship before the timer runs out. I am sure many games would be lost because the dropship would leave before the Assault Mechs were able to get there.

#91 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

View PostConner Ward, on 24 January 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

It would be fun to watch Atlases and Dire Wolves racing to get to the dropship before the timer runs out. I am sure many games would be lost because the dropship would leave before the Assault Mechs were able to get there.

Well, duh.
You don't need weapons on a scouting Atlas, just max all armor and the biggest std engine you can find and throw in anything that fits like a flamer, tag or srm 2, then kill by legging your enemies with collisions.

You still need to learn from the real MVP, the scort VIP Atlas. Now that's a real hero.

Edited by Alvar Von Kenesthor, 24 January 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#92 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostShadowHimself, on 24 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

They nerf us into oblivion, you cry, they nerf our weapons to obscurity, you cry, when we win with all the debuffs and nerfs and outright “plain” mechs, you cry, so when we win nerfed Into oblivion, it’s a matter entirely different then “balance”
just saying that crying wolf when it’s about skill at this point more than stats and numbers, crying is pointless Posted Image

Because Clanners never whine about anything, right? Like, no Clanner has ever complained about the Assassin Posted Image Honestly, straight up Clan tech vs IS tech will never be 'balance' because it was never meant to be. The Weight difference was the smartest way to make things somewhat even without back and forth nerfing weapons (like the Clan Medium Pules Laser)

Oh well, this will always be a thing until FW is more than Clan vs IS. We need more IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan events.

#93 Deltree Zero

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

I hear range brought up a lot in the clan\IS imbalance argument from a fully flawed perspective that clans are just different and not better than IS in any way. Clans = good at range, damage \ IS good at brawl, heat management, = even Stephen.

I pose this block of text to those individuals:

If IS is better in the brawl, and Clan is better at range...... and we start all matches at range...... (NP, I can spell it out for you...) that means IS is getting hammered at range until IS can close that range and begin to brawl.

No Clanner faces an instant brawl before they get a chance to hammer IS at range.....

Every IS does face taking Clan fire at range before they get a chance to close distance for the brawl, always, and the Clan alpha strike damage potential and also range is ridiculously over anything most IS mechs can bring to the fight, AND is delivered at range, so..... this making any sense to anyone yet?

I cant believe after so long there is still any question about clan\IS balance. Everyone knows the clan mechs are designed to be more powerful right? It is literally the concept behind their design. Is this still unclear to anyone? YES, there is imbalance, it was f***ing d e s i g n e d that way. From the beginning. The way back GD tabletop style beginning. (PS, it was broken AF then, and remains broken AF now. NOT A SECRET.) There will never be a single solitary second played in this game with any semblance of power balance, and PGI will simply edit rules across the board as they see fit to make sure cash continues to roll in. IS unhappy this quarter? Release IS mech, change the rules of the game and also reduce tonnage for clan. Clans unhappy this quarter? Release Clan mech, change the rules of the game and also increase tonnage for clan. The rules of this game change MONTHLY.

At the end of the day, I personally am obviously aware of this extreme imbalance, and I don't really care. I like a good challenge, and being an IS loyalist is most certainly that. Challenging AF. 81 pt alpha strike on a medium mech huh? FY. Really. The IS\Clan "balance" in this game is about equal to its incredible excellence at "matchmaking".

What makes me RL angry enough to bother posting in this useless waste of space is: trying to stomach the Clan trolls on this forum claiming W\L issues have nothing to do with clan or IS balance, "its $hitty IS potato piloting that ensures IS failure", WHILE Matt Newman shamelessly plugs a mechpack, trolls players with a pic of the OP mech which was pulled out of rotation by the last Clan tonnage micronerf to specifically end the ceaseless nonstop stormcrow scouting spam, A N D trolls players with a streak meme.

Stuff that meme sir, and that OP 81pt alpha strike medium mech, right up your clanhole.

I hope you find this post as equally insulting as I found yours to be.

#94 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostAgent 0range, on 23 January 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

your obviously forgot why they changed it in the first place IS medium mechs haven't gained much since then. Clan potatoes will over run IS potatoes then clans will be max on scouting all the time and there will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth

We got the bushwacker. The tonnage should have been balanced at that point, since we got our "answer" to the stormcrow.

Edit: and there's plenty of evidence for IS doing just fine in FP events.

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 24 January 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#95 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostPanterPaul, on 24 January 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Does someone remember why PGI did made the change to 50t!
Why change it back?

Scouting dead again.

because IS didn't have the Bushwacker or Civil War Tech to counter the Stormcrow at the time. Now it does. Hence putting it back up.

View PostSteel Raven, on 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Because Clanners never whine about anything, right? Like, no Clanner has ever complained about the Assassin Posted Image Honestly, straight up Clan tech vs IS tech will never be 'balance' because it was never meant to be. The Weight difference was the smartest way to make things somewhat even without back and forth nerfing weapons (like the Clan Medium Pules Laser)

Oh well, this will always be a thing until FW is more than Clan vs IS. We need more IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan events.

I find PGI generally knows there's balance when there's an equal amount of salt from both sides. which is actually happening right now. mission complete :D

#96 PanterPaul

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 24 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

We got the bushwacker. The tonnage should have been balanced at that point, since we got our "answer" to the stormcrow.

Edit: and there's plenty of evidence for IS doing just fine in FP events.

It can not be that there is only one Mech to play with. Bushwacker or a Bushwacker or take a Bushwacker. Its boring as it could be.

I still say Scouting is dead again.

Edited by PanterPaul, 25 January 2018 - 10:25 AM.

#97 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostPanterPaul, on 25 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

It can not be that there is only one Mech to play with. Bushwacker or a Bushwacker or take a Bushwacker. Its boring as it could be.

I still say Scouting is dead again.

There is NOT just one Mech for the Inner Sphere to play with. Not even close. You have a whole bunch of options, including...
  • BushWacker
  • ShadowHawk
  • Griffin (particularly the GRF-2N /w ECM?)
  • Kintaro
  • Wolverine
  • Enforcer (Don't forget this one's Hero...)
  • Centurion
  • Crab
  • Uziel
  • Trebuchet
  • Hunchback
  • Assassin (At least 2 Variants with ECM here... geez!)
...and at least 5 more Medium Weight Class options that I haven't mentioned here. Heck, with all those Quirks, it isn't even mandatory to have ECM on your Inner Sphere Mech of choice! That's 17 Options Grand Total for the Inner Sphere, and fits many piloting styles and loadouts. However, the Clans only have a Grand Total of 8 Options currently in the Medium Weight Class, with one more having not arrived yet. The Clans have Omnipods for only a fraction of their Chassis, which does limit how much they can do anyway, but where those are available, they have to fight with limiting 'Fixed Equipment' issues of one kind or another. So the Inner Sphere has TWICE the options that the Clans have, just on the basis of picking a chassis, and it won't be boring ever. Scouting won't be dead, so PLEASE get over your ego? :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "It's people /w bad ideas like this who over-assume and give me a headache..." Devnull

#98 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostPanterPaul, on 25 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Bushwacker or a Bushwacker or take a Bushwacker. Its boring as it could be.

Incorrect. There is at least AC/20 Hunchie, with -20% cooldown and armored hump. And unlike SRMs, you can drill a hole with it. My alltime scouting mech (and i do have Bushies).
Centurion AH have same AC/20 quirks and even superior structure. Also Yen-Lo-Wang, if you wish to spend MC.

Kintaros should be good too, but i never played one, so i can not know. Maybe Griffins too, those i played much, but not in scouting, since i prefer Hunchie. Shadow Hawk 2H hunchie style could be ok too.
Not fair though, steiners should be entitled to bring at least Zeus. It is a light mech by our standards... Posted Image

Also, being familiar with your mech, considering you have appropriate loadout, is more important than being a Bushie.

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 January 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

There is NOT just one Mech for the Inner Sphere to play with. Not even close. You have a whole bunch of options, including...
  • BushWacker
  • ShadowHawk
  • Griffin (particularly the GRF-2N /w ECM?)
  • Kintaro
  • Wolverine
  • Enforcer (Don't forget this one's Hero...)
  • Centurion
  • Crab
  • Uziel
  • Trebuchet
  • Hunchback
  • Assassin
It is wrong to mention almost every mech IS have.

IMHO, brutal raw power short range slog is more effective tactic for IS in scouting, as far as i know and see. Nearly half of your mentions can't do it, because of unfavorable hardpoints, quirks, or overall squishiness.
So yes, IS have more options because it have more mechs overall. But no, IS does not have as much good options.

#99 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

that, said, Sigmar, letting the clans be actually able to use all of their's is fair.

#100 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 25 January 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

that, said, Sigmar, letting the clans be actually able to use all of their's is fair.

I'm not opposing this change, i welcome it.

P.S. If only we could have fair fight in invasion next, without tonnage crutches.. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users