All,pgi, Pls Read, Re: Ljfpgi

17 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Duck

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

Hello all. Fairly new player, 481 games. MechWarrior has always been far and away my favorite game of all time, even this version. Especially this version. Which brings me to my Problem, and at this point my ONLY solution. Briefly this, standard learning curve, sucked *** at the beginning, gradually got better(stopped making as many stupid mistakes, stay grouped,use cover, etc), tier 4, woohoo, fun game, still getting my *** handed to me but handing some *** of my own. Grind away, hit Tier 3. WOW, amazing, exciting battles, both evenly matched and blowouts, still fun, and still addictive as ever. Grind away and Hey, Tier 2, kewl. Should be just as fun and exciting as ever, still gonna keep learning, still gonna keep having a blast. WRONG. I was given tier 2 rank without having anything to say about it. Due to grinding/time played as opposed to actually earning tier 2 through skill. I in no way shape or form deserve to be tier 2 yet. NOW I am facing opponents not only better than me, I fully expect that, but opponents who WAY outclass me by orders of magnitude. I have gotten multiple 1000+ dmg, 500+ match score games, in the past and turned around and gotten my *** kicked the next three consecutive matches. Humbling? absolutely, but I took it as learning and moved on. Since I have reached tier 2, I avg 30-250 pts dmg and usually last less than 1 minute once battle engages. No matter WHAT mech I take, or how cautious I am. This is no longer fun, either for me or my team mates, who ALL ALWAYS outlive me. This has gone on since I reached 2. You can't learn anything if you die as soon as the battle starts. You can't help your team if you die as soon as the battle starts no matter what you do or where you go. I hate it, and the team hates having such an unskilled team mate. Unless Tier Rankings are based on avg. match score ( dmg + teamwork,lance in position, etc ),
I can no longer progress in this game. I am sure that there are many in my boat, grinders who love the game, and therefore play a lot of hours, and who therefore hit a brick wall due to the present tier system. So this is what I plan to do , "LJFPGI". At the beginning of each match I will type LJFPGI so the team knows what I will do.. I will then " Leroy Jenkins For PGI, and Leroy Jenkins my way into battle. The team may get pissed off, but there is really no reason for them to. I will accomplish the same score and result as if I tried my hardest. At this point that actually IS trying may hardest since anything at all I do at this level means instant death. And NOW there are 20t mechs that 2 of can kill an assault from behind before he can turn around. So I encourage all in my situation to join me in my LJFPGI campaign. Type in LJFPGI before the battle starts, and then Leroy away. I will not break any rules, other than etiquette. Please let PGI know. Hate me, call me loser, crybaby, whatever. Better players hate playing with players that are MUCH worse than them as much as the we hate playing elites.

#2 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

You may want to read this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...2-surviving-t2/

I started that thread in December 13, and by now I'm comfortable with Tier 2. The difference is watching the minimap more closely, staying with the group, and focusing more on "not dying" than on "killing the enemy." If my mech is dead, I can't do damage. If I "don't die," then I can still shoot them later.

I do miss the potato tier days where I could take my Arctic Cheetah, sneak up behind the enemy, and kill 2 or 3 of them with heavy lasers to the rear before anybody noticed I was there...

#3 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Just a heads up:

Suiciding is a reportable offense.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostSaint Duck, on 24 January 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

Since I have reached tier 2, I avg 30-250 pts dmg and usually last less than 1 minute once battle engages.
The answer to that is be more careful about your mech (and possibly revise your builds to prioritize more armor and armor skills). YOLO tactics that worked against T4 and T5 are no longer viable once you start getting matched with people who can actually aim.

No matter WHAT mech I take, or how cautious I am. This is no longer fun, either for me or my team mates, who ALL ALWAYS outlive me.
Since all your teammates outlive you, it should be painfully obvious you are doing something wrong. Spectate them and pay attention to how they are playing.

So this is what I plan to do , "LJFPGI". At the beginning of each match I will type LJFPGI so the team knows what I will do.. I will then " Leroy Jenkins For PGI, and Leroy Jenkins my way into battle. The team may get pissed off, but there is really no reason for them to. I will accomplish the same score and result as if I tried my hardest. At this point that actually IS trying may hardest since anything at all I do at this level means instant death. And NOW there are 20t mechs that 2 of can kill an assault from behind before he can turn around. So I encourage all in my situation to join me in my LJFPGI campaign. Type in LJFPGI before the battle starts, and then Leroy away. I will not break any rules, other than etiquette. Please let PGI know. Hate me, call me loser, crybaby, whatever. Better players hate playing with players that are MUCH worse than them as much as the we hate playing elites.

Suiciding is a punishable offense: https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Edited by Horseman, 24 January 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

So, funny note...claim to hit tier 2+ in 481 games or less.

I'm... 3181 matches in for this season and teetering tier 3 and 4 kinda daily... even with my tier tanking that's quite a phenomenal and extremely unlikely difference.

o.O;
Either this guy's really good...
...or this is a troll with the good intent to bring awareness to the bugs in PSR "XP bar" in MWO.
...Or someone's used a LOT of LRMs....the sure fire way to throttle up to tier 1 quickly.
(No I'm dead serious I had to stop using LRMs to be able to tank my stats as that's been the cause of me throttling back up quicker than I can tank 'em)

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostKoniving, on 24 January 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

o.O;
...or this is a troll with the good intent to bring awareness to the bugs in PSR "XP bar" in MWO.

No offense intendes but I doubt that is the case. I have several friends that made tier 3 before their cadet bonuses ran out, and on a new account I can easily hit tier3 in a handful of matches (maybe even just 1). PSR is a simple calculation- there is no secret sauce behind it.

Frankly, it does not mean much given how simple it is and how small the player base is.

#7 Saint Duck

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Quick response to all. Thanks for reading, and any/all responses. As for being tier2 after 481 games, i have absolutely no idea if this is " normal or abnormal ". My name is Saint Duck, I'm listed on leaderboards, not hiding anything, w/l, k/d, all public knowledge. And I'm not a 'Stat Freak', could care less about stats other than as a gauge to my progress, well stat wise. It's all about the fun aspect of the game for me. The only stat that even remotely matters to me. is match score. Not kills or damage. I realize kills/dmg are easiest way to buff match score, and they are the main point of playing the game. I also see that team mates with equal damage get varying match scores depending upon how well they play as a group(lance formation, scouting, protecting, etc). I am happier getting 100-500 pts dmg and no kills as long as my team wins, rather than getting 1000+ pts dmg 5 kills and losing. I wear my Bridesmaid and Philanthropist Titles proudly. As far as the guy who thinks I use LRM's to tier quickly, ummm, no. hehe Hate them, giving and receiving. And to the few who pointed out that suiciding is reportable, yes it probably is, and well should be. But what i intended was not Technically suicide,not overheating, not jumping off cliffs, or walking out of bounds, or dc'ing. Just playing as stupidly as I possibly could, since at this point even trying seems a waste of time. So in closing , again, Promoted to Tier 2, will be in matches with MUCH MUCH more experience/skill players so either I will continue to suck, gradually lose interest and move on, or get better. My basic position is unchanged however, Tier ranking should be based on aggregate match score as opposed to simply hours played. I have no problem playing fun, challenging games and getting beat. But simply getting obliterated within 1 minute of spotting the enemy is not much fun, and not much can be learned in 1 minute. I'll keep trying for now, and thanks

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Please hit that CR I mean the Enter key 2x and make some paragraphs!!!

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostHorseman, on 24 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Suiciding is a punishable offense: https://mwomercs.com/conduct

This is true. However, charging forward into the fray and getting straight to the thick of the fight is not suiciding. Trust me on this, I'd go into further detail but....

Codes of Conduct said:

Discussing moderation or other disciplinary actions taken against yourself or other players, whether in-game or on the forums, is forbidden.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 24 January 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostAkhri Mala, on 24 January 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Just a heads up:

Suiciding is a reportable offense.

Is wall of texting? Because it should be.

#11 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostSaint Duck, on 24 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

And to the few who pointed out that suiciding is reportable, yes it probably is, and well should be. But what i intended was not Technically suicide,not overheating, not jumping off cliffs, or walking out of bounds, or dc'ing. Just playing as stupidly as I possibly could, since at this point even trying seems a waste of time.
Technically it still qualifies as either suiciding or griefing and your teammates will report it as such.

So in closing , again, Promoted to Tier 2, will be in matches with MUCH MUCH more experience/skill players so either I will continue to suck, gradually lose interest and move on, or get better.
You will not get any better if all you do is intentionally suicide.

My basic position is unchanged however, Tier ranking should be based on aggregate match score as opposed to simply hours played.
... you don't understand those are the same thing? The difference with the current system is that the PSR can actually go down - which a ranking based on how much points of match score you farmed never would.
Therefore, your proposed "solution" would actually make your problem substantially worse.

But simply getting obliterated within 1 minute of spotting the enemy is not much fun, and not much can be learned in 1 minute.
There is: don't rush, instead stick with a heavier teammate and let them draw fire. If you're equal tonnage, advance with the teammate. Get some patience, half the game on higher tiers is trying to outmaneuver the enemy and provoke them into making a mistake. Spectate your teammates, see how they are playing.

#12 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:06 AM

Just make an alt account or actually git gud. It takes some serious effort to just die a minute into enemy contact every match.

https://leaderboard....ch?u=Saint+Duck
The leaderboards show you've played over 2100 matches, yet you've never learned from your mistakes, now you decide to double down on your errors and make the game worse for the other players.

#13 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 January 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

I'm... 3181 matches in for this season and teetering tier 3 and 4 kinda daily... even with my tier tanking that's quite a phenomenal and extremely unlikely difference.

o.O;
...Or someone's used a LOT of LRMs....the sure fire way to throttle up to tier 1 quickly.
(No I'm dead serious I had to stop using LRMs to be able to tank my stats as that's been the cause of me throttling back up quicker than I can tank 'em)

Created an alt account this morning and after 2 !!!! games I was half through T4 !!!!!!!
I guess going through T3 will be possible in an other 10 games and if he is in T2 after round about 500games hes actually a bit slow.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 25 January 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Created an alt account this morning and after 2 !!!! games I was half through T4 !!!!!!!
I guess going through T3 will be possible in an other 10 games and if he is in T2 after round about 500games hes actually a bit slow.

Guess the longer you've built it, the less drastic the changes become.

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 25 January 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Your earliest matches come with a PSR multiplier. I think it expires around same time as the cadet bonus does.

He's not in T2 after 481 games. He's in T2 after 2100 games: https://leaderboard....ch?u=Saint+Duck

#16 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

View PostHorseman, on 25 January 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

Your earliest matches come with a PSR multiplier. I think it expires around same time as the cadet bonus does.
He's not in T2 after 481 games. He's in T2 after 2100 games: https://leaderboard....ch?u=Saint+Duck

Yeah, I'm about 1/4 of the way through T3 at 665 matches... So... Seems like he's going quite a bit slower than I. (and that was going from the bottom of T5 with no cadet bonuses)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 30 January 2018 - 11:54 PM.

#17 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Spoiler

So are you implying you're trying to get back to tier 3 ?
if that's the case you need to keep your damage down, There are better ways then the leroy way, and helping your team at the same time, heck just run around with flamers

For me I'm finding it easier as I reach the higher tiers, maybe partially due to those that reached it too fast, really didn't learn along the way. I do know there is better communication.

I was slow to tier up, But I'm a very aggressive player, which in my case, was a high mortality, specifically when I am mostly teamed with passive pilots (when I solo pug)

#18 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

Closing due to discussion of nonconstructive in-game behavior

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users