Faction Play. Recommended Mechs And Builds And Why People Are Jerks.

26 replies to this topic

#21 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

i offer this quote from a wise unit mate of mine explaining the salt coming from some people,

"When some units reach a certain level of competence they cease being civil and start acting like {Richard Cameron} because they believe that they should be afforded respect based on their ability to push buttons and kill people faster then they can be killed. Moreso is it a test of character to have greater proficiency then you opponents than to be the one feeling the pangs of defeat where salt is expected"

if their on your team, then its either the above, or your mistakes are gimping the whole team, which is also extremely frustrating.

#22 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostLanzman, on 26 January 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

So what y'all are saying is basically the best mech to bring to Scouting is a high-end medium with lots of SRMs? Or does laser vomit work as well?

During events, it could depend on the reward requirements. During the last one the goal was damage points, so streaks were the go-to weapon. For quick kills, vanilla srms are usually more effective. Personally, I like to run a Buswacker High Roller with srms, mpls and light mgs, but that’s just me. I’ve also had decent runs with the Bushwacker-P2 with two LB10-X and two mpls.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#23 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

First thing: scouting is all about a fast 4v4 team brawl. The side that does a brawl better almost always wins.

If one side trickles in one at a time to the brawl, they lose.

If one side doesn't focus a single target before the other side, they lose. [A 2-0 advantage in scouting is near insurmountable, that's like 6-0 in qp or 24-0 in invasion]

Things go very quickly in scouting, if you're not able to be part of the plan, you're dead weight.

Now that said: the urbie is just... bad for scouting. It doesn't fit in. It's not fast enough to be part of a light strategy, and it's not tanky enough to be part of a 55 tonner brawl, nor can it carry the equivalent firepower. It is almost as slow or slower than every common clan mech brought to scouting, so you're not outrunning anything. Urbies can work in 12v12 because they can disappear in the mix of mechs, but in scouting there isn't a crowd hide among. You're 25% of the targets on the field so you're not going to be ignored for a higher value target.

If your team is running straight objectives and avoiding the fight, you're 65 kph too slow.

In short, there is no niche for an urbie to shine in of scouting. The positives of being small, hard to hit and carrying a bit more firepower than the average 30 ton mech are not redeeming enough to be viable in scouting.

As others have mentioned for the IS: SRM boats are best for brawling followed by big AC's and LBX builds. Speed is life due to the clan XL advantage so going under 85 kph is rough.

#24 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

There are a lot more crybabies in CW (myself included).

#25 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostGrus, on 26 January 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

ok... dont bring a Urbi to FP.. ever... there are much better options in the line up, let alone for scouting. get a Bushwacker or a SRM boat Griffen.

the reason you have "jerks" in FP is because (and this isnt a excuse) this is supposed to be the "end game". You wouldnt expect to get into a Raid for a end game boss with just basic gear on would you? no you need to bring your A game. that means you need to have and bring the "meta" at the time. and that shifts *** new mechs come and new clan nerfs are applied....

So because you brought sub prime mechs and load-outs that means the other people on your team have to carry harder.

You CAN bring Urbies to FP Scouting AND Invasion. And we (A41 & A41-) have won with them on both modes. You just need the "teamwork" magical fairy dust to make them OP. And some strategy. And experienced pilots.

PS. We do this with Annihilators too :)

#26 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Oh, that's because despite the mode being called scouting, it is actually four on four mindlessly smashing into each other.

If you are not rolling your face across the keyboard while 'playing' scouting, you're doing it wrong.

Why are people jerks? Well there are lot of reasons, but one is there are like ten or fifteen guys out there 'playing' scouting that really care about the meaningless and misnamed mode. Another is how people removed from other people are far from civil when they are separated by the interwebs. Imagine if folks actually talked to humans like they do out in the real world?

I mean who wouldn't want to stop and tell the loon in a civic with the aero kit and 200mph wing that he's doing it wrong? Or better yet, wish a million forms of cancerous death for their choice in car? I wish I could say I know a guy that does that, but the reality is I have heard that on comms and seen it in chat more than can remember.

That said, apparently our little niche community stuck in the beta test cycle for PGI going on year and years now, is fairly tame compared to CSGO.

Edited by tker 669, 26 January 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#27 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

Ignore them.. Report them.. And drop in whatever you like..

Its a game its designed to be fun.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users