Scorch More Durable Than Madcat?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Comparing similar builds with Scorch and Madcat. Just ran 3 matches on each.

The MC with 2 X LB20-X + 4 X ASRM6

vs.

The Scorch with 2 X LB20-X + 2 X ASRM6 + 2 X ASRM4

I find that the MC seems more 'delicate' and consistently breaks up more quickly than the Scorch.

Is the Scorch's slightly better durability due to its smaller, compact profile?

Anyone else see the same?

Thanks

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

View PostOdd Thomas, on 28 January 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Is the Scorch's slightly better durability due to its smaller, compact profile?

I'd say so, yes. Especially that it doesn't stand as tall so doesn't stand out as much. Also because it got replaced by the MCII for the high priority kill on sight enemy mech

#3 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

When facetanking, a MC-II's hitboxes are much easier to accurately shoot than a MADIIC as well.

MC-IIs also have the little missile pod ears that count as ST hitboxes and massive arms which soak a lot of hits, not to mention a nice round CT.

Edited by A Headless Chicken, 28 January 2018 - 11:58 PM.

#4 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

and you can do the Marauder "wiggle" (about 20 degrees to each side) to really spread damage

#5 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Its pretty much no comparison if you are refering to the "brawl" build with 2 LBX-20 and 4 SRM-6. MAD2C is faster, has much better hitboxes unless you are flanked (in which case the MCII can shield with its arm better), has the same weapons minus artemis (which is of negligible benefit post spread nerfs), and is not as much a high priority target since the MCII is new and sorta gets that treatment nowadays.

Not saying you cant run the brawl build on a MCII, but if i ever come across you in game i view it more as a free kill then a true threat (unless you manage to backstab me when im target fixated or something, flanked and backstabbed by assault that goes at most 70ish in a heavy is sorta humiliating). If it was a tad faster or didnt come with missile ears, itd be solid, but as of this point, scorch does that niche better and is about teh ONLY brawl assault clan has thats actually good at it.

Really, as much as i hate to say it, the ONLY 2 good builds on the MCII chassis are either gauss vomit (deathstrike or the cheapo wannabee deathstrike 1 model), or dakka with the B model (albeit myself i have issues making it work consistently, still, fun to go ham with 2 10s and 2 5s). Everything else can be done better on another mech or is just plain a bad idea period like LRMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users