Cac-2 Vs Cuac-2

87 replies to this topic

#41 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

The only LBX I'd consider using is the LBX20, and only because it has a ghost heat limit of 2, which means I'd only ever run it with 2x LBX20 builds.

Regular IS do maintain some use versus IS UACs, but there is very little reason to ever use Clan ACs over UACs.

Clan AC does have a small niche versus Clan UAC2, in that it has more range and less heat... but it also takes up 1 more slot (which for example, prevents a Night Gyr from boating 6) and loses the burst DPS advantage.

#42 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

View PostZergling, on 14 February 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

The only LBX I'd consider using is the LBX20, and only because it has a ghost heat limit of 2, which means I'd only ever run it with 2x LBX20 builds.

Regular IS do maintain some use versus IS UACs, but there is very little reason to ever use Clan ACs over UACs.

Clan AC does have a small niche versus Clan UAC2, in that it has more range and less heat... but it also takes up 1 more slot (which for example, prevents a Night Gyr from boating 6) and loses the burst DPS advantage.

To each is own I use CUAC-5s but not CUAC-2s. Just can not stand the jams. Besides CLBX-2 & CUAC-5 work together better.

#43 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

I need a way to live in an alternate universe like Koniving, maybe I'll be a happier person. Let me just get this out there, LB2s are a wonderful meme weapon, nothing much else.

@Spare Parts, your UAC2 would seem to jam faster because it does have half the recycle and more or less twice the double taps than the UAC5. I'm someone RNGesus hates and UACs jam on me all the time on the first tap.

If you're boating UAC2s, say, 5 or 6, then I'd suggest setting them to two weapon groups. You hold down one weapon group (which in theory should not jam, but bugs happen), and you double tap the hell out of the other until you toast or it all jams.

This is just a personal playstyle, YMMV.

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Its okay Headless.

It just means someday you'll die by my LBX-2 while outside of range to fight back.
:)
I can make a meme out of that for you.

#45 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

Sure thing, how does a lobby sound? We can hash the science and details out once and for all.

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

View PostA Headless Chicken, on 14 February 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sure thing, how does a lobby sound? We can hash the science and details out once and for all.

Dodge, incoming.

#47 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Its okay Headless.

It just means someday you'll die by my LBX-2 while outside of range to fight back.
:)
I can make a meme out of that for you.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 February 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Dodge, incoming.

Interesting exchange here folks.

As for ACs,I normally only carry 3-4 as this leaves tonnage for TC,ammo,back up weapons,etc.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 15 February 2018 - 04:22 AM.

#48 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:36 AM

Mkay. 60 tons and Rifleman sound good? Or got a different tonnage in mind? No customizing from what would be a normal quick play build to specifically face one versus one as that would otherwise defeat the proof of the point.

Mind you, lobbies tend to only have two people but as long as the lobby starts us out as far as two teams normally would it should prove plenty entertaining.

Your last message was at 11 42 PM my time.
I get off work tonight at 11. Midnight sound like a good time to look for ya?

4 LBX2s versus 4 AC/2s? 4 UAC/2s? Or will you be sporting something else?

Also: Skill tree on or off? Quirks on or off? Or once for each setting to see how much of an effect each has?

#49 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 February 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

No customizing from what would be a normal quick play build to specifically face one versus one as that would otherwise defeat the proof of the point.

What?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 February 2018 - 04:49 AM.

#50 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:07 AM

You name your mech, i'll pilot whatever it is with uac2s instead of lbx2s and we go at it. skills off, quirks off. i'll take you up on the lobby anytime except tomorrow, its the lunar new year.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:15 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 February 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

What?

Normal build would be what you use in normal gameplay in quickplay.

A customized build for a 1 versus match would be like this Hellbringer, which min/maxes the killing power for facing a single opponent and be as deadly as possible. This would be a great solaris build, 1 ton of ammunition per weapon, enough firepower to kill 2 mechs SUPER EFFECTIVELY... and nothing else; this build is completely impractical in quickplay but as stated by my opponent, this is virtually an ideal build for 1 vs 1.

Thus a customized build intended to take on the superior range of the LBX-2s would probably go for an engine going no less than 97 kph and ideally 120 kph (to make it nearly impossible to be hit), closing the distance rapidly.

View PostA Headless Chicken, on 15 February 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

You name your mech, i'll pilot whatever it is with uac2s instead of lbx2s and we go at it. skills off, quirks off. i'll take you up on the lobby anytime except tomorrow, its the lunar new year.

I'll be using my Legend Killer (its already got its skill tree), though with skills and quirks off the 3C is just as well, just gotta modify it to the 4 LBX-2 build (its sporting this build currently and only 4 skill nodes still).

And alright. So tonight? Or Saturday?

#52 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 February 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

A customized build for a 1 versus match would be like this Hellbringer, which min/maxes the killing power for facing a single opponent and be as deadly as possible. This would be a great solaris build, 1 ton of ammunition per weapon, enough firepower to kill 2 mechs SUPER EFFECTIVELY... and nothing else; this build is completely impractical in quickplay but as stated by my opponent, this is virtually an ideal build for 1 vs 1.

A reduced armor Hellbringer with only 240 potential damage of ammo would never be considered 'great' or 'super effective', even for a 1v1.

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

View PostZergling, on 15 February 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

A reduced armor Hellbringer with only 240 potential damage of ammo would never be considered 'great' or 'super effective', even for a 1v1.

Rookie, rookie rookie... It isn't about how much armor, but where the armor is.

Posted Image

To note: At the time of the video, this was the Hellbringer hitbox.
Posted Image
Which is how I only hit CT only despite the fact that it was twisting and I hit the shoulder.

(Admittedly the head is bigger now, I might put 2 armor there instead of just 1 now.)

#54 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts

dunno what day it is over there, but anytime after 14 hours from now

EDIT: i don't see how that would be effective in a 1v1, maybe we can science 1v1 builds too.

Edited by A Headless Chicken, 15 February 2018 - 05:32 AM.

#55 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

View PostZergling, on 15 February 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

I would call it Garbage anytime tbh.

#56 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:34 AM

View PostA Headless Chicken, on 15 February 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

dunno what day it is over there, but anytime after 14 hours from now

Your post reads: Posted Today, 08:31 AM

So at that time it was 8:31. its 832 now.

14 hours hours from now (as I said 5 PM to 11 I work) I will be working.

Edit: Actually yeah that works. 15 hours from now should be good, at most 15 hours and 30 minutes from now.

Tomorrow (for me) at this time then? You're on, I'm on, should work right? Only delay I might have is feeding my alarm clock dragging toddler (seriously? Kid pulled out my alarm clock again..)

Edited by Koniving, 15 February 2018 - 05:35 AM.

#57 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 February 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Rookie, rookie rookie... It isn't about how much armor, but where the armor is.

Posted Image

To note: At the time of the video, this was the Hellbringer hitbox.
Posted Image
Which is how I only hit CT only despite the fact that it was twisting and I hit the shoulder.

(Admittedly the head is bigger now, I might put 2 armor there instead of just 1 now.)

If you think you can effectively hit all your shots on the CT, then you are only fighting bottom 1% spuds.

A good build is one that is effective against players that know how to play, not one that is useless against 99% of the playerbase.

As MiZia said, your build is garbage. Even for 1v1 it is awful.

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostZergling, on 15 February 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

If you think you can effectively hit all your shots on the CT, then you are only fighting bottom 1% spuds.

A good build is one that is effective against players that know how to play, not one that is useless against 99% of the playerbase.

As MiZia said, your build is garbage. Even for 1v1 it is awful.

Its pretty easy, wait til they shoot and shoot. :)
They have to shoot sometime.

Kinda like this guy.
If you don't shoot, I'll shoot you anyway. If you twist, I could shoot you. If you don't twist, I can shoot you.

And I'm

good at it.

#59 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 February 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

I disagree.

#60 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:42 AM

Your opinion.
Everyone has one.
You're welcome to take your turn; I still have that Hellbringer build. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users