Jump to content

Blood Asp Pre-Order Is Here!


248 replies to this topic

#221 Thinkagain01

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 66 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 February 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Just use this tool and save yourself the hassle of recording.

The no heat sinks thing is an odd choice, though.



This tool is pretty cool. Although it doesnt take into consideration player skill/ or lack of. That annihilator build is crap also XD

Edited by Thinkagain01, 07 February 2018 - 04:17 PM.


#222 clan hope

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

MrKvola

You are just wrong and any "proof" that you can manufacture will be easily disproved. Now please go whine to yourself, nobody is really interested in your rants. Or even better, git gud and then come back.

https://leaderboard....rch?u=clan+hope

wow my stats .. my stats don't mean nothing .. i'm not trying to be a top pilot and for you to put my stats on there means i hit a Nerve with you and any inner sphere player that comments on this

#223 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

View PostGenesis23, on 06 February 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:


on your last point the whole idea of the Templar in MWO falls on its face. its using an XL engine, which would be stupid for an IS assault.

actually, it wouldn't. Templar is an 85-tonner, which means it's actually pretty damn fast for an assault, having a base top speed of about 65kph. it's also not meant to be a brawler, which is where that XL engine would be most vulnerable. mid-to-long range, it would be a powerhouse for its weight bracket, between the 16 and a half tons of armor it gets base (more than an Annihilator), and its whopping forty tons of pod space.

also, for the guys who keep talking about HAGs and Plasma rifles. PGI's keeping to the timeline they have set for equipment. that cutoff was 3067. which means HAGs and Plasma Rifles just barelllly got cut. that said, they'd be two of the most broken weapon systems in the game, so i can see why PGI did so, given Clans using anything other than Gauss Rifles would pretty much die, as plasma rifles would cause them to cook if they used anything heat generating, plus, you know, HAGs. those two weapons would really break the game.

Edited by Arkhangel, 07 February 2018 - 07:02 PM.


#224 IdToaster

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

HAGRs fire in streams (so byebye pinpoint damage; even in lore they use cluster rules), fire set amount of pellets per shot (like MRM bursts instead of rotaries where you can just stop firing), have awful damage potential per ton even if everything hits (120 damage/ton at optimal, 20 less than AC/20s and 5 less than even Heavy Gauss), and especially past the HAGR/20s take up lots of weight and crit slots and generate plenty of heat.

On top of all that, being Gauss Rifles in MWO, they would most likely get stuck with the charge mechanic, and if they are worried about damage spikes would probably disable charging 2 HAGR/40s at once.

And they still explode.

Just give me regular Gauss, thanks.

#225 Thinkagain01

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 66 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 07 February 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

HAGRs fire in streams (so byebye pinpoint damage; even in lore they use cluster rules), fire set amount of pellets per shot (like MRM bursts instead of rotaries where you can just stop firing), have awful damage potential per ton even if everything hits (120 damage/ton at optimal, 20 less than AC/20s and 5 less than even Heavy Gauss), and especially past the HAGR/20s take up lots of weight and crit slots and generate plenty of heat.

On top of all that, being Gauss Rifles in MWO, they would most likely get stuck with the charge mechanic, and if they are worried about damage spikes would probably disable charging 2 HAGR/40s at once.

And they still explode.

Just give me regular Gauss, thanks.


U mean like Ultra a/c ?? Posted Image
Or do you mean broken like dual heavy guass?

#226 Stonecutter

    Member

  • Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

Man I REALLY want to know where the L/R torso energy hardpoints are in the Rancor. My fear is that the missiles are the high mounts like the Mad Cat MK II and the energy comes out of the chest rather than above the shoulder.

#227 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:58 PM

Nice looking Mech, but where is the Grand Titan?

#228 Genesis23

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 223 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 07 February 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

actually, it wouldn't. Templar is an 85-tonner, which means it's actually pretty damn fast for an assault, having a base top speed of about 65kph. it's also not meant to be a brawler, which is where that XL engine would be most vulnerable. mid-to-long range, it would be a powerhouse for its weight bracket, between the 16 and a half tons of armor it gets base (more than an Annihilator), and its whopping forty tons of pod space.


so what you want is a fast assault that cant share its armor which is the main point of an assault mech? still dont see the point in this. either play an assault that can share its armor and tank for the team, or play a heavy. assaults sitting back and trying to snipe with their way too long range loadout and letting the team die is one of the biggest reasons for a lost game.

#229 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

@Genesis: I never said it wouldn't be sharing armor, OR that it would be sniping. it would be fighting at mid-range where it's harder to pick out parts on a mech. most of the mechs people consistently complain that "suck" are because they're too much of idiots to realize there's more than just Brawling and Sniping. Most of those badmouthed mechs, such as the Quickdraw, Thanatos and Vindicator, are specifically set up and work best when fighting at mid-range, about 300-500m and actually do damn well at it. The Templar is also one of those. should also be aware, it's completely FINE sharing its armor. it's only gonna keep its distance when it's been opened. additionally, We already have precedent for reduction of crit chance on structure, which would be a pretty likely quirk it'd get.

it should also be noted that IS Omni wise, there are several that use standards as well. and... to re-tierate something i said earlier, a Templar has FORTY TONS OF PODSPACE. That's enough firepower to make someone think twice about directly facing it, XL Engine or not. add to that it's an Omni, so the Loadouts could be quite varied and nasty.

#230 PanzerTC

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Well I never played this one in the tabletop, but I'll take the plunge and try it out here.

#231 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:39 AM

I'm glad the Blood Asp is coming, but I think that the Star Adder Decal should have been a freebie reward just like the Marauder IIC.

#232 Jep Jorgensson

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Any reason why there is no lore and blueprint for this mech?

#233 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:42 AM

I wonder what Solaris division the Blood Asp will end up in, since high-mounted hardpoints are not as much of an advantage in Solaris as they Are in other modes?

#234 BTGbullseye

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,443 posts
  • Location"ATMs are close to worthless with their current missile health and minimum range"

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 April 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

I wonder what Solaris division the Blood Asp will end up in, since high-mounted hardpoints are not as much of an advantage in Solaris as they Are in other modes?

Probly Div 2 or 3...

#235 Commando522

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

Without the long barrels on the top it looks pretty stupid tbh.

I wanted my death dealing long boys not the flat brick I got. :/

Posted Image
Just look how flat and boring this is.

#236 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

There is a fix coming for it in June to lengthen the shoulder barrels.

#237 Jay Leon Hart

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,320 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostWill9761, on 27 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

There is a fix coming for it in June to lengthen the shoulder barrels.

Art fix, viability nerf. Do not want Posted Image

#238 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 May 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Art fix, viability nerf. Do not want Posted Image

If I were them, I'd give the Blood Asp some armor quirks to compensate for the barrels.

#239 BTGbullseye

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,443 posts
  • Location"ATMs are close to worthless with their current missile health and minimum range"

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostWill9761, on 27 May 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

If I were them, I'd give the Blood Asp some armor quirks to compensate for the barrels.

Or just reduce how tall the fairings are so they're like the concept art instead of MCII arms shoved onto the ST.

#240 Jay Leon Hart

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,320 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 27 May 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Or just reduce how tall the fairings are so they're like the concept art instead of MCII arms shoved onto the ST.

Or extend them but don't raise them, so they're not quite as deadly to the pilot and closer to the TRO art.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 27 May 2018 - 12:21 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users