Keeper Highlander Hero Worth Purchasing

4 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Is the Keeper Highlander Hero worth acquiring?

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Generally speaking its anti-meta. The issue is that all-over hardpoints (2 ballistic, 1 energy, 4 missile), the stupidly low engine cap, and the hitboxes which are some of the worst in the game at this point in time (wide, obvious hitbox locations, impossible not to hit, huge headshot box). The only thing i can think of the mech being able to do is dual gauss, but there are already plenty of clan assaults that can do dual gauss, and none of them are stuck with but a single energy hardpoint. Missiles are fine and all, but if you boat alot of them, forget bringing heavy ballistics or much of anything else, and i tend to avoid missile mechs since missiles are some of the worst weapons in the current balance of the game (you CAN make em work, but they are stupidly situational and cannot be focused on any specific component).

If you like normal highlanders, go for it, but if you havent enjoyed those, this is prolly one you should pass up on.

Edited by panzer1b, 07 February 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

I bought it and the Stalker 3 FB yesterday. Seem to like them both.

#4 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

you can do a rough copy of the Scorch build, 2 LB20X, 4 CSRM6 and a HML. 98 damage alpha. only downside are its hit boxes and speed. makes for a decent Clan brawler

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 07 February 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Generally speaking its anti-meta. The issue is that all-over hardpoints (2 ballistic, 1 energy, 4 missile), the stupidly low engine cap, and the hitboxes which are some of the worst in the game at this point in time (wide, obvious hitbox locations, impossible not to hit, huge headshot box). The only thing i can think of the mech being able to do is dual gauss, but there are already plenty of clan assaults that can do dual gauss, and none of them are stuck with but a single energy hardpoint. Missiles are fine and all, but if you boat alot of them, forget bringing heavy ballistics or much of anything else, and i tend to avoid missile mechs since missiles are some of the worst weapons in the current balance of the game (you CAN make em work, but they are stupidly situational and cannot be focused on any specific component).

If you like normal highlanders, go for it, but if you havent enjoyed those, this is prolly one you should pass up on.

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 07 February 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I bought it and the Stalker 3 FB yesterday. Seem to like them both.

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 14 February 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

you can do a rough copy of the Scorch build, 2 LB20X, 4 CSRM6 and a HML. 98 damage alpha. only downside are its hit boxes and speed. makes for a decent Clan brawler

I plan on trying this build soon. I think I still enjoy Highlanders and the llCs won't be the exception.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users