Dual Heavy Gauss

4 replies to this topic

#1 Morken

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

Shooting with 2 GAUSSes and 2 ER PPCs gives heat spike. Also it is impossible to fire with 4 GAUSSes. Doing 50 damage to one point is not fair? Okay, but how do you name a shot from two heavy gausses? This is not 50 damage to one point? Personally, my opinion is that if you really began to "balance" the gameplay, then do it until the end. Once you can charge only two gausses at a time, then let the heavy gauss be charged only one at a time. In this case, no one can inflict 50 damage to one point. This is important, because the most "fat" head has 39 hp (armor + structure).

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Sooo, your plan is to always allow that SLOW platform equipped w/dual HGR get close enough to do 50pts of damage before you attempt to fire at it? What, pray tell, are you doing with your GR/ERPPC prior to that mech w/HGR reaching its base optimal 220m range?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 February 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#3 Morken

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 04 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Sooo, your plan is to always allow that SLOW platform equipped w/dual HGR get close enough to do 50pts of damage before you attempt to fire at it? What, pray tell, are you doing with your GR/ERPPC prior to that mech w/HGR reaching its base optimal 220m range?

The essence of the problem is not in the actions of pilots or dispositions. The problem in the policy of relatively heavy guns. As you correctly noted the optimal range for a heavy gauss of 220 m, they can be shot in pairs, while for weapons with a similar optimum of 270 m, the AC-20 can only be fired one at a time, without additional heating. And they deal 20 damage, not 25. And even if you introduce restrictions on heavy gauss brawling platforms will remain opaque. We need to divide the guns into three groups: the first heavy gauss, the second heavy gauss, the lasers.

I apologize for such a clumsy language, since I use Google Translate and for me there is some language barrier. As a result, I could be misunderstood by you or misunderstood you.

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostMorken, on 04 February 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Shooting with 2 GAUSSes and 2 ER PPCs gives heat spike. Also it is impossible to fire with 4 GAUSSes. Doing 50 damage to one point is not fair? Okay, but how do you name a shot from two heavy gausses? This is not 50 damage to one point? Personally, my opinion is that if you really began to "balance" the gameplay, then do it until the end. Once you can charge only two gausses at a time, then let the heavy gauss be charged only one at a time. In this case, no one can inflict 50 damage to one point. This is important, because the most "fat" head has 39 hp (armor + structure).

There's a reason why HGauss occupies 11 slots and has such low health and range. Also any mech that mounts dual HGauss moves really slow except for the Sleipnir which moves slightly faster. Getting headshotted is usually during to bad luck as almost nobody aims with the intent to shoot the head but rather at the torsos. If you decide to facetank an assault with dual HGauss I'll just say that you were asking for trouble. Kite the mech, hit its rear, anything else is better than walking into the crosshairs of a dual HGauss mech.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 05 February 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Kite the mech, hit its rear, anything else is better than walking into the crosshairs of a dual HGauss mech.

Or you can use dual UAC20's and pound them into oblivion... I've never lost to dual HGauss with a dual UAC20 mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users