More Lore And Balance For Fp Mode.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Morken

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:39 AM

Currently, the battle in the FP mode occur in the composition of 3 lances on 3 lances. Although the clans did not have in their structure lances, they had stars. In my opinion, the best solution would be to remove all quirks (except for quirks given by skills) on both sides and change the number of players. 3 lances (12 people) in the Inner Sphere and 2 stars (10 people) from the Clans.

Edited by Morken, 04 February 2018 - 08:46 AM.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

I could see this.

#3 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

I said the same thing years ago along with many others. PGI responded saying that it would be impossible for them to do. Seems they still think it is the 80's. I can do a 10 vs 12 drop and any other number in private lobby. So it all boils down to one of two things. Either PGI is extremely incompetent (which I can definitely believe) or they are once again blowing smoke up our a$$es (which is also possible). Either way, it is still par for the course for them.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 06 February 2018 - 11:37 PM.

#4 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

PGI tried this many years ago, back when Clans were being released. Even with the massive advantage Clans had back then, the 2 extra mechs mad the IS win more than 80% of the time.

Looks good on paper, doesn't work in reality.

#5 Morken

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 07 February 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

PGI tried this many years ago, back when Clans were being released. Even with the massive advantage Clans had back then, the 2 extra mechs mad the IS win more than 80% of the time.

Looks good on paper, doesn't work in reality.

It is a pity that this will not work ... But, they can do at least "cosmetics." In the Inner Sphere do not change anything, and the clans change the composition to 2 stars and 2 points. On balance, this does not affect, but at least the eye will stop twitching...

#6 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

Yes please to the topic. Also repair and rearm.

#7 Morken

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 08 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Replenishment of cool shots and UAV is already something similar, but they can add repair and rearm with the introduction of changes in the economy. For example, to give a salvage bonus to a killer when Solo kill (KMDD + Killing blow). At the same time, leaving a bonus for those who made only KMDD or only a killing blow without changes. This will mitigate the extra burden on those players who play without premium time.

#8 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 08 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Repair and rearm was part of the beta, and it's what made me stop playing the game for several years. The problem with it is, you can't do well in a match without ammo and full health, and since you need to do well to get the money to repair and rearm, you only get a decent game once every 20-30 matches. This resulted in a very blatant P2W economy, where people would pay real money for c-bill packs, and end up with always full-capability mechs versus all the people just testing the game having half-dead ammoless mechs.

Don't try to return this to a P2W game.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users